• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All dv winners with EU CN 3x,xxx to 39,999 it's our time will we make it?

He shot down my plans to launch boss mode by being on top of things (and also that I left my butt exposed through my own mistake). He was very good and fully aware of my letter of complaint. Yesterday was a holiday here, so we had been told we were getting a September interview (annoyingly) but at least they gave us the earliest possible appointment in September. So in all, I think SF FO have tried to put things right for us somewhat.

We had three interview slots, the first being at 7:45am. The IO actually came out to the waiting area and came directly to us (he had looked at our photos in our pack). A bit of smalltalk, some playful comments to Miss Britsimon. He swore us and then started with questions. AoS is a bit different to CP. The I485 has a bunch of standard questions, he basically read through every one of those asking us to confirm the answers as given. He asked to see ID, passports, recent payslips, job offer letter, and had the AoS packs with him (which included education stuff etc).

Oh, one big thing which was good (I should have told Mom this) is that my wife's name in her passport is her maiden name. It is not easy to change the passport name in Spain - and is something we never did. So - she has been doing lots of things in her maiden name here (annoying for me). We were prepared to do the GC in her maiden name but he changed the AoS form to make the case go through under the married name. The only downside is that my wife will have to carry her marriage certificate for travel until she gets off her butt and changes her passport. But that was good.

I'm glad the IO caught the name issue and did right by you guys. It would have cost you about $450 for a replacement GC and only God knows how many months of waiting if you had gone with the maiden name and then tried to change it after the GC gets issued.

I'm glad the IO caught the name issue and did right by you guys. It would have cost you about $450 for a replacement GC and only God knows how many months of waiting if you had gone with the maiden name and then tried to change it after the GC gets issued.

Yeah he was a nice guy. Of course I now have to say nice things about the SF FO!!!!

DV 2014 is drawing to a close and I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate everyone in our cohort who has been successful in obtaining an US Immigrant Visa this year. Undoubtedly, 2014 has been a stellar year for EU DV applicants, with a significantly higher number of visa distributed to our region, as compared to previous years. As we all know, DV is a zero-sum-game and where there are winners there must by definition be a higher numbers of folks from other regions who could not be successful this year. We also should keep in mind those currently still on AP, unfortunately the DV year might expire on some, before they may have the chance to complete clearance. The DV system, as we understand it better through this forum, has evolved into a lottery within a lottery, unavoidably leading to disappointment for some, originally selected for further processing.

I would like to thank all of you who have contributed to our much deepened understanding of the DV process, it has been a true pleasure meeting you in this forum. As I will be traveling on business over the coming weeks, I unfortunately won't have much of a chance to post and contribute to the forum any longer. If you would like to get in touch anytime - remember we live in the Chicagoland area - simply click on the "Profile Page" and select "Start a Conversation", your message will reach me. Rest assured that I will be checking in on occasions until the end of this month, in order to see final folks from our cohort happily receiving their DV visa!

All success and good luck in the U S A!

EURO2014

Last edited: