All 10 general RFE on 18 th day of my EB1A PP.. So sad :(

pana

Registered Users (C)
This post was misleading to some people (I got PMs every day till today) so I am editing this ... My supporting package is playing hide and seek ... so far it disappeared some how .. Got a RFE to send these docs once again ... now playing with my attorney .. let see how far it goes ... I am putting some additional new documents like few more support letter from outside of US and added acceptance letters of 2 new publications and so on .. thanks for supporting me .. I will keep posting the results .. Good luck to all of us

Last edited by a moderator:
I got RFE of my EB1EA PP (TSC) after calling PP service today on the 18 th day. They promptly answered today morning when I called that "we are sending an answer to your attorney today" and as usual this afternoon my attorney have received a 4 page fax with general 10 criteria listed. Officer no 382 .. I saw that RFE with exact same wording here few weeks back ... I don't recall who posted it .. I will type full rfe later today .. anyway I have to fight to collect more evidence ...
BTW here is my very short credentials :
PhD in medicinal chemistry from INDIA. 4 years Postdoc in top 5 pharmacy school in the USA. Working about 10 years on cancer research.

1. 11 first author international paper (including 3 very recent so low citation. AND 9 conference paper AND 1 US patent AND 1 US provisional patent.
2. Over 55 Citation Including 5 of my papers highlighted/discussed in details in 6 Book chapter. (Including a book cost $4950 where they discussed one my inventions procedure in details~1.5 pages)
3. Reviewer of 2 international journals and reviewed 9 papers so far had a letter from the Editor.
4. Co PI in a $8 million project where I am the only active medicinal chemist.
5. Sigma Xi full membership (ACS and IUPAC full membership too)
6. CSIR research fellowship (I did not claim this as a criteria)
7. 10 Supporting Letters (6 independent + 4 dependent) [Yes, I have to collect few more from out side USA]
We claim 4 and they asked for all 10 :(

Any helps are welcome.. Thanks

I am so sorry to hear about this! Anyway you have three months to fight back! Your credentials look great and I think what you and your attorney need to do is working on the cover letter and make it clear and concise!!! Also you may want to get letters from NIH or other government agencies. Good luck and never loose hope!!

P.S. You should get your $1000 bucks back!

This is so sad, pana :(

I thought the days of boiler-plate RFEs are over, but apparently not! I am also in a similar boat. I requested PP on 22nd March and am just waiting to hear back from them. Let's see what they come up with...

Here is the RFE .. who might be interested to see ... you saw this letter format several times before here though !

Hi pana,

I read the document you attached and seems that TSC never received your supporting documents (and hence RFE on all 10 points). Read the second line of the second paragraph in the first page... "However we have yet to receive the supporting evidence".

Can you check if they received your documents or not?

Hi pana,

I read the document you attached and seems that TSC never received your supporting documents (and hence RFE on all 10 points). Read the second line of the second paragraph in the first page... "However we have yet to receive the supporting evidence".

Can you check if they received your documents or not?

ouch !! I didn't notice that !! :eek: .. Let me check with my attorney .. Oh boy !!
thanks Gc_eb1ea

ouch !! I didn't notice that !! :eek: .. Let me check with my attorney .. Oh boy !!
thanks Gc_eb1ea

Pana, please check with your attorney and also with the Texas PP center. Man, this is really crazy. May be if they receive your documents, you will get your approval soon. GOOD LUCK buddy.

Thanks dgrajan .. I will keep those in my mind ... BUT I think the problem is in elsewhere ... Let me confirm that ... Anyway thanks a lot

So sorry to hear this Pana. It is really unfortunate. Your credentials are excellent. I think probably they realised they had not done their job in 15 days. So, when you called, I think they just sent the RFE. It is really disgusting to see such things happen.

In your response to the RFE - (I am so sorry that this is too long. Just thought I will add these)

1. Try to include (as you have already decided to) more letters from Outside the US and list them first and put your dependent letters the last.

2. I also think the cover letter is a major thing. Sometimes, you do your letter better than a lawyer, because you know more about the importance/significance of your contributions/accomplishments than a third person (that is just my thought, not to hurt anyone).

3. Also include complete articles that have cited your work and highlight the discussion of your work (Please ignore if you have already done this).

4. Also, did you include the complete manuscripts that you have reviewed so far. That might help too (Please ignore if you have already done this too).

5. Try to get some emails/reprint requests from people requesting your publications or even requesting you some protocols, clarifications, technical questions. These you can add to your "judge of others work criteria". I think this will add up to your journal review role.

6. Try to get international coverage of your patents, like if it is listed in international patent databases. Google search helped me find my invention disclosure being covered by Canadian, Australian and Japanese patent databases. That would further emphasize the significance of your invention.

7. I think for getting citations, i.e. see who has cited your work, people should look beyond Citation Index from WOS. Sometimes, new articles would have been cited but would not have been "caught" by web of science yet. Google search helped me find my articles cited by Ph.D. and master students. Another way to see is, see your competitor/collaborators, they will definitely follow your work. Try to get the Ph.D. dissertations/theses of their students and see if they have cited your work. That will add few citations. Also, try to contact them and ask if they have any presentations/grant proposals in which your work was cited and if they would be willing to share them with you. SOME OF THEM ARE KIND ENOUGH TO HELP, SOME OF THEM ARE REAL NASTY. (I did all these and I found almost 15 additional citations by this method).

8. Finally, organizing your application is extremely important. I learnt from this forum that sometimes the officers do not even look into your supporting documents. They just see the cover letter. So make that very well, just as you write a journal article. And, include a LIST OF DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE. This list will be like the reference section in a journal article but categorized in chapters. I put each criteria as a chapter.

Hope these things help. I am so sorry to hear about the RFE because I know how it feels. But, please think it in a way that it could have been worse. So, relax and try to solve it by organizing your application well. Good luck.

Seems like they never received your documents. Hence no LUDs and probably that's why they were waiting for it. I hope this is true... This might save you a lot of work.

Seems like they never received your documents. Hence no LUDs and probably that's why they were waiting for it. I hope this is true... This might save you a lot of work.

My attorney confirmed that the Supporting materials were delivered at TSC. It was unfortunate for me that The package was lost in the mail room. NOW my attorney accusing me for online filling .. She was against it from the beginning ... I am really sad right now... ufff what a day !!

Here is the RFE .. who might be interested to see ... you saw this letter format several times before here though !

Pana!

Make sure TSC received your supporting documents. Do you have the delivery proof. Ask your attorney to contact PP services. If they had misplaced somewhere then you can resend the same package. what to do? you can save lot of time. Act quickly. I saw in one of the post that the package was lost in mail room (not sure about which service center it was). But it happened.

With your credentials you should be through.

Good luck

My attorney confirmed that the Supporting materials were delivered at TSC. It was unfortunate for me that The package was lost in the mail room. NOW my attorney accusing me for online filling .. She was against it from the beginning ... I am really sad right now... ufff what a day !!

Don't get panick. U send an email to PP services with the delivery proof and explain in your mail what has happened. TSC might waive whatever they have sent to you as RFE (because they do not have anything with them to see hence this RFE). TSC is prompt in responding even emails (PP email).

Good luck

Don't get panick. U send an email to PP services with the delivery proof and explain in your mail what has happened. TSC might waive whatever they have sent to you as RFE (because they do not have anything with them to see hence this RFE). TSC is prompt in responding even emails (PP email).

Good luck

Thanks Madgu,
I am trying to get the delivery proof from my lawyer ... Thanks for the wish ... hmm

No, I don't have .. lawyer still looking for it .. lost some where .. soo messed up

What kind of attorney he/she is. Keeping the tracking number/receipts/proof of delivery is secretary's job?

Try to convince the service center that the materials were delivered at TSC. That will save lots of your time/energy and you will be free from mental stress. I can understand your situation.

Good luck

If this thing gets sorted out, you should fire your attorney! Seems like she is thorougly incompetent.

What kind of attorney he/she is. Keeping the tracking number/receipts/proof of delivery is secretary's job?

Try to convince the service center that the materials were delivered at TSC. That will save lots of your time/energy and you will be free from mental stress. I can understand your situation.

Good luck
yes "secretary" left for home today.. I was happy with her so far .. not anymore ... let's see how she take care of this situation.

pana,

Looks like they didn't receive your supporting documentation! Find the USPS express mail tracking # ASAP!!!!!!!!!!! I usually request the delivery proof (scanned signature and address of the recipient) from USPS (you can do so on USPS website by using the tracking #)!! Once you get the proof, contact TSC PP ASAP!! Good luck!

By the way, your attorney didn't do a good job!!

I agree with GC1_eb1ea. First of all it does seem like supporting evidence was probably received but not connected to your online application. Next, who is your attorney? In general it is not nice to criticise you for asking for online filing. That is not professional - so many have applied online and gotten approved.
I am really curious - can you please tell me who your attorney is. I am in the process of choosing whether to do it myself or go throu an attorney.

If this thing gets sorted out, you should fire your attorney! Seems like she is thorougly incompetent.