• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Advice for my status, sb1 par example

Oussamessi10

My name is Ousama Id Bouhamad. I am Moroccan. I got a green card in 2011 with dv-lottery . After march, 2013, because we are a poor family and I have a younger brother who was studying in the Faculty of Dentistry in 2013 and he needed a lot of money to complete his studies, as my mother was sick and in need of care and purchase of medicines I had to stay in Morocco Contract work as a teacher for 8 years, Now my brother graduated from the Faculty of Dentistry and will take care of my mother, I decided to go back to live in America after an absence for six consecutive years ??? I hope that you will answer me soon.

Hello sir, My name is Ousama Id Bouhamad. I am Moroccan. I got a green card in 2011 with dv-lottery . After 2013, because we are a poor family and I have a younger brother who was studying in the Faculty of Dentistry in 2013 and he needed a lot of money to complete his studies, as my mother was sick and in need of care and purchase of medicines I had to stay in Morocco Contract work as a teacher for 8 years i cant live in us, Now my brother graduated from the Faculty of Dentistry and will take care of my mother, I decided to go back to live in America after an absence for six consecutive years, and I want to consult you on the subject ?? I'm going to travel on the 21 august 2019, did Miami airport police allow me to enter America ??? They may set me a court date with the immigration judge ??? I want to return to America and live in it and maintain the validity of the permanent card and avoid deportation procedures ??? I hope that you will answer me soon.

Really i want to fill my us taxes for the past 6 years, but i dont know how to fill it, and how much money i must pay, because in this 6 years i work as a teacher, in my country morocco not in us, can i fill us taxes for the past 6 years right now?? And if i fill us taxes right now they allowed me to come back us or not ???

In my case, whats is the documents or proofs you advice me to show it for getting sb1 visa and come back us to live there forever and work and fill us taxes?

You do not qualify for a SB-1 visa, your decision to stay away from the US for the past six years was not due to circumstances beyond your control.

You equally haven’t done anything to maintain your permanent residency, even though your plastic GC hasn’t expired, you are considered to have abandoned your US permanent residency. You cannot retroactively make tax payments with the hope of being allowed to resume your US permanent residency. I don’t expect you’ll be admitted back into the US when you show up at the airport. But you can give it a shot if you like, I admit stranger things have been known to happen, you might just be lucky.

Thank you very much for this explanation, can i participate again in dv-lottery with the same my first and last name this year on october 2019 or not??? If i cant participate this year with my last name, can i participate in dv-lottery with another last name, because i have the possibility to change it??? Or i must wait 2021 come for participation in dv-lottery when my green card expires?? Please answer me about this question.

Why would you need to change your name? Just enter again. We had another winner this year who won and gave up a DV card years before, got a new one, no problem.

Thanks very much, i dont need 2021 come when my GC expire, i can participate another time in dv-lottery this year?? If i win again, what about my fingerprints that i do before, and what about the us taxes that i dont fill before because i stay in my country morocco since 7 years. I think you read my case, i have the chance to get a sb1 visa or no chance by the way.

I agree with sm1smom that you don’t seem to meet the requirements for SB1.
Your plastic green card may be unexpired but you abandoned residence years ago, so it is not really “valid” any more.

Sorry, because i don't speak English very well, thanks, what about my else questions, if i win again in dv-lottery this year with the same my name without changed, i will find any problems in enter to us such as my fingerprints, and the us taxes that i dont fill it before.
To avoid these problems, do you advise me to hand over my green card to the US Embassy in my country or I don't need to hand them as they are no longer valid
and does give me the right of permanent residence in America.

Sorry, because i don't speak English very well, thanks, what about my else questions, if i win again in dv-lottery this year with the same my name without changed, i will find any problems in enter to us such as my fingerprints, and the us taxes that i dont fill it before.
To avoid these problems, do you advise me to hand over my green card to the US Embassy in my country or I don't need to hand them as they are no longer valid
and does give me the right of permanent residence in America.

If you are absent longer than a year you are deemed to have abandoned residency. If you want to formally renounce your green card you can do that by filing form i407 https://www.uscis.gov/i-407

Whatever you do do not lie about names and personal details. Making false statements on anything to do with US immigration could get you a permanent ban from the US. Obviously the reason they take fingerprints and facial data is to prevent people lying successfully.

Thank you very much, to participate in the dv- lottery once again with the same name that I won the first time, Should I go to the US consulate in my country to hand them my permanent card whith I-407 as I am in a relinquished position when i live in my country for seven years? or i don't need that to participate in dv-lottery again and enter again to America if I win.

Why would you need to change your name? Just enter again. We had another winner this year who won and gave up a DV card years before, got a new one, no problem.
How this winner gave up a dv card years before??? Did he wait his green card expires and then he enter again to dv-lottery or he participate again before his GC expires or what?? Please can you explain this point more??

How this winner gave up a dv card years before??? Did he wait his green card expires and then he enter again to dv-lottery or he participate again before his GC expires or what?? Please can you explain this point more??
No,I don’t recall every detail of what everyone else posted, I remembered this case because I thought how lucky for the person to be selected twice.
It is entirely up to you how to decide to approach whether or not you want to formally relinquish your green card, which you have already effectively abandoned anyway through not returning, not paying taxes etc. Again, there is not any reason to wait until the expiry date is passed. You are confusing an expiry date printed on a card with validly holding lawful permanent resident status.

Ohhh thanks, so i can participate again in dv-lottery this year with the same my name without find any problems if i win. I will get other green card ????

The way you think of coming to USA (change your name or background) makes me think you shouldn't have gotten the green card in the first place. Why did you enter in the first place when you weren't ready to have a life in USA?
Why would you think being dishonest about your background makes you qualify to come to USA?

The way you think of coming to USA (change your name or background) makes me think you shouldn't have gotten the green card in the first place. Why did you enter in the first place when you weren't ready to have a life in USA?
Why would you think being dishonest about your background makes you qualify to come to USA?
There were circumstances that made me have to stay a lot outside of America.
And man doesn't control the divine circumstances so denounce my coming to America despite not living them, and now the conditions have improved with regard to my family and I really want now return to America and live there, and my question is will I find a problem if I registered in the dv-lottery again with the same name and won or not ?? I never have bad intentions that make me change my family name.