Advanced Parol or what form?

redspace

Registered Users (C)
After get the GC and plan to stay outside of US for more than one year, what form should I use to keep GC status?

Thanks,

Scott

you cannot do that with any kind of paper. if you will stay outside of usa more than 6 months you will loose your green card forsure. This is immogration law! you can check at uscis.gov i recommend you to come back after 5 months and stay couple weeks and go back till get your citizionship.

you cannot do that with any kind of paper. if you will stay outside of usa more than 6 months you will loose your green card forsure. This is immogration law! you can check at uscis.gov i recommend you to come back after 5 months and stay couple weeks and go back till get your citizionship.

open mouth --> insert foot.

that form i-131 just allow you to visit other country as a passport! i got that for 1 year. that does not allow you to stay more than 6 months! according to the law you shoul lose ur green card. if you wanna risk, up to you

that form i-131 just allow you to visit other country as a passport! i got that for 1 year. that does not allow you to stay more than 6 months! according to the law you shoul lose ur green card. if you wanna risk, up to you

open mouth --> insert second foot.

Please read the I-131 instructions, specially where it talks about "Re-entry permit".

<sigh>

Absences of more than six months are presumed to break continuous residency for naturalization purposes, but are not necessarily considered to be abandonment of US residence. An absence over one year, would require a re-entry permit.

Before you complete your hat-trick, I would suggest you read up on what all form I-131 is used for.

i still insist she would lose her gc. i did have that advance porala or travel document for one year and it is not abble to issued more than a year or extended. So if you stay over a year how you could use that form? it is gonna be expired and you cannot renew it. Better way is like other people just come back after 5 months and stay couple weeks and go back till get your citzionship.

i still insist she would lose her gc. i did have that advance porala or travel document for one year and it is not abble to issued more than a year or extended. So if you stay over a year how you could use that form? it is gonna be expired and you cannot renew it. Better way is like other people just come back after 5 months and stay couple weeks and go back till get your citzionship.

<sigh>

Please dont post misinformation. What 'you insist' is different to what USCIS 'insists', and Im going to go with USCIS on this one funnily enough.
Should the OP leave the US for more than 1 year, then yes, it could be presumed that they have abandoned their PR status. Some people feel better to err on the side of caution and apply for a re-entry permit should they be leaving for more than 6 months at a time.