Acquiring US citizenship after birth

Rollax

Hi I'm Nick,

I was born out of wedlock to a US citizen father and a non-US citizen mother. I recently turned 20 and I've been living in Germany my whole life. A blood relationship has been established, my father meets all physical requirements, has agreed to provide financial support (I believe) and acknowledges paternity. However, since I'm over the age of 18, I don't know if there's still a chance to acquire citizenship. If there is a chance, what do I have to do? Should I just apply for a passport? Did I even acquire US citizenship by birth? All those forms and endless paragraphs can be a bit confusing. I hope you guys can help me. Thanks in advance, have a good one.

Was the agreement to provide financial support in writing and made before you turned 18? Was the acknowledgement of paternity made before you turned 18? If so, you have already acquired citizenship, and yes, you can just apply for a passport.

Was the agreement to provide financial support in writing and made before you turned 18? Was the acknowledgement of paternity made before you turned 18? If so, you have already acquired citizenship, and yes, you can just apply for a passport.
Thanks for the quick answer! Yes, everything was made before I turned 18. But if I want to apply for a passport, I need evidence of U.S citizenship and photo ID. I guess a german photo ID e.g my driver's license won't be accepted. I'm sorry for my incompetence but what should I do next?

Thanks for the quick answer! Yes, everything was made before I turned 18. But if I want to apply for a passport, I need evidence of U.S citizenship and photo ID. I guess a german photo ID e.g my driver's license won't be accepted. I'm sorry for my incompetence but what should I do next?
You need your dad's citizenship certificate... Birth certificate or us passport. Anything that proves he's an American citizen. Along with all the other proof you mentioned above. Apply for a US passport at a consulate in your country.