about the EAD

starzl

Registered Users (C)
Hi, am I supposed to receive the EAD card automatically after I get the asylum approval?
Do I have to apply for EAD or I just wait for the mail?
Thanks!

Hi, am I supposed to receive the EAD card automatically after I get the asylum approval?
Do I have to apply for EAD or I just wait for the mail?
Thanks!

Congratulations for your approval starzl. NO...you don't need to apply for EAD (A05). They should also send EAD (A05) within 3-10 days after your approval. It's an automatic process. Make sure to go to the SS office to get unrestricted SS card after you get your EAD (A05). The SS administrator will be able to verify your new status quickly by using your EAD(A05) than your I-94 becos it takes a longer time for the I-94 numbers to be in the SAVE system (Online verification sys)...I did the same thing.

Congratulations for your approval starzl. NO...you don't need to apply for EAD (A05). They should also send EAD (A05) within 3-10 days after your approval. It's an automatic process. Make sure to go to the SS office to get unrestricted SS card after you get your EAD (A05). The SS administrator will be able to verify your new status quickly by using your EAD(A05) than your I-94 becos it takes a longer time for the I-94 numbers to be in the SAVE system (Online verification sys)...I did the same thing.

Thanks so much for replying!;)

Just to let you know, you really don't need an EAD if your asylum is approved. For employment all you need is an unrestricted SSN and a Govt issued ID. As far as EAD is concerned, I am pretty sure you have to apply for it. When my asylum was approved, I did not get any EAD mailed to me automatically.

Just to let you know, you really don't need an EAD if your asylum is approved. For employment all you need is an unrestricted SSN and a Govt issued ID. As far as EAD is concerned, I am pretty sure you have to apply for it. When my asylum was approved, I did not get any EAD mailed to me automatically.
Nope. EAD will be automatically sent in the mail within the next two weeks.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll just wait and let you guys know if I get the EAD in mail.

:cool:

Here is the correct answer and I am 100% positive that this answer is correct.

1. The asylum office will automatically issue an EAD A05 if your asylum got approved by the USCIS. They have started doing this since 2006. You can check the status of your new EAD A05 online by using your I-589 receipt number.

2. The asylum office and the EOIR will not issue an EAD A05 automatically if your asylum got approved by the judge. You will have to apply for EAD A05 if your asylum gets approved by the judge.

I hope my answer helps

Help Please

hi assylum I applied for Ead c08 after 163 days but uscis transferred my case to nebraska and issued me EAD A05(VALID 2YRS) i then call them so the rep had to transfer my call and the lady said ther part is EAD and she gave me asslum office number for verification such as mails which may be sent to me.according to the lady i spoke to said my case is still under review and no decision is made yet.i called back uscis(NCS) they said they are not responsible for i94s and letters concerning assylum.later i went to Social security admin for unrestricted card cuz i already got one before, but they said the Ead is saying i am an asylee but i need to bring the i94 for status update she then wrote a letter explaining the reasons.
ACTUALLY i was a minor(UNDER 18] on F1 when applying AND its almost 6months now.I will definitely like you guys to analyze this infos for me.its really tricky and confusing.

hi assylum I applied for Ead c08 after 163 days but uscis transferred my case to nebraska and issued me EAD A05(VALID 2YRS) i then call them so the rep had to transfer my call and the lady said ther part is EAD and she gave me asslum office number for verification such as mails which may be sent to me.according to the lady i spoke to said my case is still under review and no decision is made yet.i called back uscis(NCS) they said they are not responsible for i94s and letters concerning assylum.later i went to Social security admin for unrestricted card cuz i already got one before, but they said the Ead is saying i am an asylee but i need to bring the i94 for status update she then wrote a letter explaining the reasons.
ACTUALLY i was a minor(UNDER 18] on F1 when applying AND its almost 6months now.I will definitely like you guys to analyze this infos for me.its really tricky and confusing.

USCIS customer service representatives and infopass officers will not be able to help you because they do not have access to RAPS system. Asylum case decisions are in RAPS system not in CLAIMS3 system. You will have to go to the asylum office and tell them that you got EAD AO5 category. Ask to speak to a supervisor if a receptionist at the asylum office has limited access to your file.