• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

About living in the U.S. after winning the lottery

Is your standard of living in the U.S. is higher than the previous country?

• Yes.

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • No.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • I do not know.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • For me it is not important.

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
R

Ronalds

Is your standard of living after the lottery has improved in the U.S.?
Is the U.S. easily find the office work?

I voted that "it isn't important since I came from a very good country but I don't like how my native country has socialized and never realized it until we lived here for a longer period.

To find a job fast depends on the person, their qualities and their skills and their ability to go out there and try to get a job. It isn't like the jobs are coming to you. The more people you know the easier it will get to get a job and also if you a good resume and/or are willing to go the extra mile, than the opportunities are way bigger over here than in any socialized country.

In my native country nobody had 2 jobs, over here almost everybody is doing something else on the side which doesn't mean being paid under the table but additional income from a second job or labor. On top of that is doing volunterr work over here much bigger than in Europe...because in Europe you pay so much tax and people have the feeling that they already pay for all that stuff and they don't need to free work...while here the kids learn at school how to start doing volunteer work and how it can and will help them to get a job later on. Many scholarship requirements are that you have a certain amount of volunteer hours done,otherwise you won't get the scholarship...like Bright Futures scholarship in Florida. Also in College volunteer work can be part of certain requirements if you get scholarships and or a member of certain programs. This is n ot to use people to work for free but to have them do more and meet more people which can help later with a job.

Over here it comes more from the individual than in a socialized country where everything is provided.

Yes it is a good place to live. Once we get selected in green card lottery we will get all the facilities same as citizenship holders........

Is there anyone who still has returned back to the previous country, because the U.S. has not found a suitable job for themselves?

hi ronalds
don't look waht the people did think what you gonna do to succed here lot of good and bad stories it depends on your self be positive and open to any thing any job and leave the rest for god this is how i see it

well standard over here is pretty shitty compared with what I had ... you need a lost of money to live good here ;;;if you are from africa,south america or asia maybe here its good and even better then home but if you are from europe then it could be bad ...here they like to rent a shitholes for lots of money (NY and east coast and SF in particular) you pay a lots of money for very bad places ( from 800to 1500 dollars - that money would not get you anything special) which means you need at least 5000 dollars a month salary to live good ...now that's almost impossible even for people born and educated here ... here is also very difficult to know people;;"real americans" don't really open to foreigners ...so I think the more you live here does not help you much for anything ..... also people move here all the time and sometimes even if you make some friends they are gone fast ....opportunities are actually pretty limited fro number of years now - last 3 years there is no much to do and lots of people went back to their countries... here (NY,LA) people of certain ethnicity and race tend to stick together and they don't mix with others

Is your standard of living after the lottery has improved in the U.S.?
Is the U.S. easily find the office work?

what's the news Ronalds? did you get selected? we didn't. i know so far only one person who was selected in Latvia. no one comes here from the Baltics.

so what about you?

well standard over here is pretty shitty compared with what I had ... you need a lost of money to live good here ;;;if you are from africa,south america or asia maybe here its good and even better then home but if you are from europe then it could be bad ...here they like to rent a shitholes for lots of money (NY and east coast and SF in particular) you pay a lots of money for very bad places ( from 800to 1500 dollars - that money would not get you anything special) which means you need at least 5000 dollars a month salary to live good ...now that's almost impossible even for people born and educated here ... here is also very difficult to know people;;"real americans" don't really open to foreigners ...so I think the more you live here does not help you much for anything ..... also people move here all the time and sometimes even if you make some friends they are gone fast ....opportunities are actually pretty limited fro number of years now - last 3 years there is no much to do and lots of people went back to their countries... here (NY,LA) people of certain ethnicity and race tend to stick together and they don't mix with others

don't be shitting people Kolja. what do you mean no one makes 5000$ a month in US? that's the middle class income. there's no more middle class all of a sudden?

and judging by your command of English, no wonder you're not earning much and not making aboriginal friends. there are worse cases than you, of course, but come on, you're not exactly cream of the crop, are you? if you had at least developed a habit of rereading what you wrote, you'd be higher up already.

what's the news Ronalds? did you get selected? we didn't. i know so far only one person who was selected in Latvia. no one comes here from the Baltics.

so what about you?

No, still have not received any message from the KCC.

I dont think so. We will get good job and also we will get all the benefits same as US citizen. So we need not worry about what other says. It is our life we have to decide and go ahead with it.

don't be shitting people Kolja. what do you mean no one makes 5000$ a month in US? that's the middle class income. there's no more middle class all of a sudden?

and judging by your command of English, no wonder you're not earning much and not making aboriginal friends. there are worse cases than you, of course, but come on, you're not exactly cream of the crop, are you? if you had at least developed a habit of rereading what you wrote, you'd be higher up already.

LOL You sound like angry little man ...cccc relax .. you might live longer...I earn pretty good all things considering ...I'm" shitting" only people like you
...PS Your English is far from perfect ... should not be giving lectures about it before getting it better (maybe you should enroll into high school for a start)

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL You sound like angry little man ...cccc relax .. you might live longer...I earn pretty good all things considering ...I'm" shitting" only people like you

lame come-back, kolja. typical, but lame. how much do you make a year and in what line of work? please, do tell.

by the way, you didn't answer my question about the disappearance of the middle class. it was not rhetorical.

also i have a sneaking suspicion that you don't know what 'shitting someone' means. it's not what it means in your native tongue : )

two more things: what was that 'cccc' anyway? and it's 'all things considered' not 'all things considering'.

I think you got the answer you deserved and i should say he was pretty good in his "come back" so i would agree with him 100%
i think that the middle class is gone for ever in the usa ...never to return because their standard of living was not real but rather based on credits and loans which now they have to pay back and they can't .

I think you got the answer you deserved and i should say he was pretty good in his "come back" so i would agree with him 100%
i think that the middle class is gone for ever in the usa ...never to return because their standard of living was not real but rather based on credits and loans which now they have to pay back and they can't .

i have no idea where you people get your numbers (not that you stated any). depending on the definition of middle class it constitutes anywhere from 25% to 66% of American society.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_middle_class

just because you, bmx88, and kolja are not part of the middle class doesn't mean it doesn't exist. : )

most of the people who got screwed by the credit crunch where those who should have never applied for any credit anyway.

but again, i invite you to share your annual income and field of employment. i would be very grateful if you did that.

LOL "cheap amber "you are becoming hysterical ..get back on your medication ASAP
to anyone who cares ... this is ONE OF THE FORUMS & survey you can find on the net related to "diminishing " of the middle class - there is of course many much more "serious" articles taken from THE ECONOMIST ,WASHINGTON POST and likes ... check the internet for it ....

i have no idea where you people get your numbers (not that you stated any). depending on the definition of middle class it constitutes anywhere from 25% to 66% of American society.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_middle_class

just because you, bmx88, and kolja are not part of the middle class doesn't mean it doesn't exist. : )

most of the people who got screwed by the credit crunch where those who should have never applied for any credit anyway.

but again, i invite you to share your annual income and field of employment. i would be very grateful if you did that.

73 000 before the tax (married ,no children , wife is not working ); happy:D;;;; relax "cheap amber "

its not my fault that the country is going bust ... too much corporate greed has broken the spine of this country and its system ;
my "friend " don't throw too much weight on your knowledge of English language -its far from perfect ... you trying to correct me in English sounds just plain stupid ...Well your middle class is gone baby never to come back... bye bye ...DEAL WITH IT !!
You are very ignorant person I should say -for example in my "native language " there is no such expression as "you shitting me " its a question of respect to say such thing means you will be ridiculed and come off as an IDIOT - actually in no other language except US English you have such stupid "slang construction"- its pretty typical of lower class (lower income ) uneducated Americans such as yourself .....

Last edited by a moderator:
73 000 before the tax (married ,no children , wife is not working ); happy:D;;;; relax "cheap amber "

its not my fault that the country is going bust ... too much corporate greed has broken the spine of this country and its system ;
my "friend " don't throw too much weight on your knowledge of English language -its far from perfect ... you trying to correct me in English sounds just plain stupid ...Well your middle class is gone baby never to come back... bye bye ...DEAL WITH IT !!
You are very ignorant person I should say -for example in my "native language " there is no such expression as "you shitting me " its a question of respect to say such thing means you will be ridiculed and come off as an IDIOT - actually in no other language except US English you have such stupid "slang construction"- its pretty typical of lower class (lower income ) uneducated Americans such as yourself .....

i must agree, kolja. any sane person reading our 'comments' would assume that, of course, mine are the stupid ones. absolutely.

moreover, your English language is way more perfect than mine. who would doubt that. look at you! you're spewing neologisms each time you open your mouth. for example, 'to throw too much weight on' : ) congratulations on the invention. you probably modeled it on 'to throw one's weight around' or 'to throw one's weight behind something/someone'. the first means, i'm sure you know this, to behave in a way which shows that you are more important or powerful than other people and the second means to use your influence to support someone or something. unfortunately none of them conveys what i presume you wanted to say, which again demonstrates your eloquence and my dullness. no one in their right mind would believe that your neologism is just a malapropism. no sir!

But what indeed puzzles me is this contradiction: you proudly proclaim that you make $73K a year, yet maintain that "your middle class is gone baby never to come back bye bye!!" [sic]. doesn't earning that much make you a member of that middle class that you are waving goodbye? maybe i don't understand something. please enlighten me.

also, you still haven't mention your line of work. if you would be so kind. thank you.