A tip for calling the Vermont center

aks999 said:
She also said they are delaying FPs because the approvals are taking more time than its supposed to and FPs are expring
meaning that if i got the FP notice my case can be approved in reasonable timeframe (before FP expiration)?

My observations

Hi Guys,

I called up the 800 number to check with my case (My case was transfered to NYC from CA). So I thought may be my case went to the VSC. The call actually got routed to CSC and a very nice lady answered back. What I learnt

- The call get routed to the service center based on your receipt number (Mine was WAC-xxxx so my call was routed to CSC)
- If your case is routed to the regional office, the only way to get a status update is to get an InfoPass appointment at that office. The online status might not be updated.

Correct me if I am wrong at any of those observations.

BTW, anyone has any idea how soon my date could become current ? Details below.

------------------------------
EB3 - India - PD: March 2001

I would predict anywhere between 2-6 months.
--Naveen Oshos

NYImmigrant said:
Hi Guys,

I called up the 800 number to check with my case (My case was transfered to NYC from CA). So I thought may be my case went to the VSC. The call actually got routed to CSC and a very nice lady answered back. What I learnt

- The call get routed to the service center based on your receipt number (Mine was WAC-xxxx so my call was routed to CSC)
- If your case is routed to the regional office, the only way to get a status update is to get an InfoPass appointment at that office. The online status might not be updated.

Correct me if I am wrong at any of those observations.

BTW, anyone has any idea how soon my date could become current ? Details below.

------------------------------
EB3 - India - PD: March 2001