A tip for calling the Vermont center

Guys / Gals,
I called USCIS today and enquired about our case status and the rep told me that this is not the number to call for status enquiries and she told me that this number should be used only if you have any RFE's. So use your judgement and call this option as this might unnessary complicate your case for nothing. Luckily I had a valid reason as my case and spouse case are separeted while processing, so I used that and got more info about our cases. My 2 Cents!

VSC called me..can u belive it??

Guys based on this Thread i called VSC as, mentioned in an earlier thread, they screwed up my Alien number on my EAD application. The officer to whom i talked to called me yesterday saying that my I-485 has been approved so it does not matter to even correct my alien number on my EAD. I guess these guys are not as bad as we think they are.
God bless u all and sincerely hope that your GC comes soon.

chains2 said:
Guys based on this Thread i called VSC as, mentioned in an earlier thread, they screwed up my Alien number on my EAD application. The officer to whom i talked to called me yesterday saying that my I-485 has been approved so it does not matter to even correct my alien number on my EAD. I guess these guys are not as bad as we think they are.
God bless u all and sincerely hope that your GC comes soon.

What VSC....called you ..... Unbelievable...congrats all the same

No. Forget about LUD, my congressman recently contacted USCIS about status and they are saying that my case is pending because of security check still not cleared ?

How in the world will it get cleared if USCIS doesn't request the FBI Name Check. I am working with congressman to do something for us. Really Mad and Confussed.

tellmewhy said:
Hi buddy, has LUD changed lately for you? I wish the best luck for you in the coming year.

I think finally they got that line shut down due to ppl's good job. I called today and auto says "We are sorry, that option is not valid at this time of the day" when I punch option 4 (the last step go to xfer to VSC).

Can anybody confirm it?

Sumanta,

I got the same message you have gotten.....I had initiated a status enquiry
with the result of "Pending Service Consideration" and the USCIS guys seem to have created this automatic msg for people like us, who don't wait but like to find out what's going on...Even though they are delaying the case....

"we are sorry, due to a temporary problem, we cannot locate your account..."

How will the system be set right ? Do wee need to contact the Director of VSC ???

Sumanta said:
Firstly, my name is Sumanta, not Samanta :) Not a big deal anyway.

Secondly, let me be very clear, I am not here to argue/quarrel with you,
so what I am about to say next, please accept it as just a fact, and not
in any argumentative way :)

The message "Due to a temporary problem...." is happening to lots of people,
not just me; I know that and its widely known too. However, this is not a
message that disappears by just repeatedly trying. The message says
"temporary"...believe me , its not temporary, its "permanent" since the
day USCIS responded to my status enquiry. Other people can vouch
for this. I have been , thus, hearing this since last week of October.

As for all the tricks to reach VSC, I am sure a flood of misuse ( or shall i say
overuse ) will very soon lead to a total closure of this option. And I don't
blame people for that. This is exactly what happens when a system does
not work, or rather when there isn't any system at all.

Guys,

Once you are in the "Pending case" option, use an option like "EAC not available", then the call will be directed to the REP.

REP does not know through which option you landed with her. She is going to ask for your EAC #, just give it and the rest follows.....

You are bringing an old question

gcfarmer said:
Sumanta,

I got the same message you have gotten.....I had initiated a status enquiry
with the result of "Pending Service Consideration" and the USCIS guys seem to have created this automatic msg for people like us, who don't wait but like to find out what's going on...Even though they are delaying the case....

"we are sorry, due to a temporary problem, we cannot locate your account..."

How will the system be set right ? Do wee need to contact the Director of VSC ???

We are those kind of people who will bang our heads here; but will never
get together. This needs getting together. I don't think that will ever
happen. End of story.

Can u tell me, TELL ME WHY whether ur EAD was approved without any case status change. Bcas for my wife it is the same situation wherein the message never changed from the date it was filed. whereas, recd a letter from the Ins stating that it was approved but cas of no update in the database , EAD card was not issued.

Pls anyone who have come across such a situation, post ur experiences

Msg for Sumanta and similar cases

Hi,

I was getting the same msg that temporarily the
information cannot be found in the system. I called USCIS phone system,
and entered a valid EAC number (not mine), got the automatic status reply and using option 3 as described earlier was able to get to VSC. The officer
said that he cannot give any more info other than the file is with the adjudicating officer.

Rgds.

I talked to the lady (not sure if she was from Vermont Service center or not). She took my details and told me that I should receive a letter within 30 days. This is my second such letter. This is going on and on... I think when I finally get my GC, I am really really going to miss this fun {sarcastic smile}

LiveAndLetLive said:
I talked to the lady (not sure if she was from Vermont Service center or not). She took my details and told me that I should receive a letter within 30 days. This is my second such letter. This is going on and on... I think when I finally get my GC, I am really really going to miss this fun {sarcastic smile}

What reply did u get the first time around? Will be calling today, for the second time. Didn't recieve any reply/no lud change the first time i called.

Testing_Times said:
What reply did u get the first time around? Will be calling today, for the second time. Didn't recieve any reply/no lud change the first time i called.

The letter says the same thing that they are :rolleyes: "working" ;) on my case and if I do not hear from them in next 60 days I should call them again. :eek:

So I will call them again in 60 days and then within 30 days I will get a similar letter.. wow!!! this is fun... the 30-60 cycle :mad:

One cheque for all the documents

Hello:
I recently applied for 485,765,130,325a in EB2 before September30 deadline. I sent one cheque for 725/- instead of individual cheques for each one as the lawyer suggested. But now i am little bit concerned whether it is right or wrong? i havent yet received anything and also money is not withdrawn.
Need some help whether it is okay or not?

Thanks

Very useful tip! I talked with a very nice rep today and got additional information about my case which is not reflected in the online status. Specifically, he told me that my case is in FBI for name check and my wife's name check was just finished today. They are reviewing it. He also told me that the pending 485s are impacted by the retrogression. When it is time for judication for our cases, if our priority date is after the retrogressed date, we just have to wait. So basically, CIS keeps processing all the pending 485s until the judication time. At that time, if there is visa number available or the priority date matches, an approval will be issued.
Do you guys know whether FBI does name check for everybody or just randomly pick someone to do name check or focus on people from certain countries?

Thank you so much for the INFO ... I was able to get through .

cbeking said:
Here is what i tried and i am sure i got transferred to the Vermont Service Center. But since their office was closed when i called (around 3.40 PM PST), I got the message "there are no immigration officers at this service center at this time, please call the USCIS national customer service center".

Here is the sequence of steps i followed to get to this:

Press 1 (for english),
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response saying blah blah blah and also at the end saying this is the most upto date information on your case and our customer the same info national customer service agents have (i totally agree with this).
Then choose to continue to the next step "press 3" . choose 3
Listen to the options-
Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications is left out and not processed (don't remmember the exact message text ..but something about companion case "

You get transferred to VSC after choosing option 4.

If you call after VSC operating hours you will be asked to call the National Service center with this message
""there are no immigration officers at this service center at this time, please call the USCIS national customer service center".

Hope this helps!