A tip for calling the Vermont center

Try your wife, kids, whatever eac# works ... I guess you can use any number that works even if it is not yours ... just to get through ... anyway they ask you all the info from the beggining

ramaraovr said:
I-140/485 : aPRIL 2003
i-140 ad : 04/2004
I-485 AD :: COMMING YEARS ????????????

what is the use of tips if entering eac number it says
"we are sorry, due to a temporary problem, we cannot locate your account..."
and can't go beyond that point......

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure if this really helps....

Hi Guys,

I did call the 800# and follow all the prompts (1,2,6,1,3,4) and got to speak to the Vermont rep. But he was not much help though he certainly was not rude. He asked me that was I aware that I can check my status on line and I said yes, but I wanted a bit more information beyond what is online. He politely refused to give more details, but when I pushed in the name of "Holiday Spirits" he went off the "records" and said if I dont hear anything in the next three months, call back. When I asked him whether it means nothing will happen for the next 3 months he declined to comment. I am not sure if this is a standard reply or something specific to my case. Those guys who got those "wonderful"" extra information, could you please post it here, so that we know that we really are getting something extra.

Thanks

Once again if message is "sorry, due to a temporary.."

If you have initiated status enquiry kinda thing, then this is the message
you get; its been like that for the last month or so.

It says "sorry, due to a temporary problem, we cannot access your record..."

And if that's the case, there's just no way you can talk to anyone at VSC.

My experience was also similar to gchopefull. I was able to get hold of VSC rep. He told It will take 2 to 4 months for approval after FP. Mine was done on 9/29/04.

I think it depends on the case ... if you really can convince him that there is no other way to find out what happened to your application they will help you ... my case was transferred and the local offices are "black holes", they know that ... maybe that's the reason the CSR gave me all the info I asked (abt my and my wife's case also).
nemessis

gchopefull said:
Hi Guys,

I did call the 800# and follow all the prompts (1,2,6,1,3,4) and got to speak to the Vermont rep. But he was not much help though he certainly was not rude. He asked me that was I aware that I can check my status on line and I said yes, but I wanted a bit more information beyond what is online. He politely refused to give more details, but when I pushed in the name of "Holiday Spirits" he went off the "records" and said if I dont hear anything in the next three months, call back. When I asked him whether it means nothing will happen for the next 3 months he declined to comment. I am not sure if this is a standard reply or something specific to my case. Those guys who got those "wonderful"" extra information, could you please post it here, so that we know that we really are getting something extra.

Thanks

nemesis,
I know you did lot of analysis of phila regional office case transfers. Would you please tell me what is approx. time they would call for interveiw after they receive the file from VSC??

Check the link for the tracker I compiled http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1011004#post1011004

It used to be ~12 months in 2003 but it looks now like ~3-6 months and I hope it gets even better after Jan 1st

Deepesh7373 said:
nemesis,
I know you did lot of analysis of phila regional office case transfers. Would you please tell me what is approx. time they would call for interveiw after they receive the file from VSC??

I called VSC couple of min ago.. I spoke with officer or Agent Jeff. Asked about Companion case not approved . He said you need to go thru Referral Line.
Dial same 800 # ask for Referral Line.. They will transfer to VSC referral line they can give more information on this.. I did not call them yet!!

I just called them a few minutes ago and the guy told me that I can check my status on-line and was reluctant at first to give me any details. I told the guy that I was concerned that it has been more than a year since I filed my case and that I have not even got an FP yet. He then asked me for details; name, case number, A# and for my address and I thought he was going to tell me that he is sending me an FP notice when he asked me for my address. Then he checked my case and said that my case is being reviewed and that it will be a few months before I get the notice or approval.

BTW: The on-line status was telling me "Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system."
I have seen this message occasionally when I was scanning and always wondered why the status could not be displayed even if they are working on it.

Snowbrd

P.S. Thanks for the tip and Merry Christmas to all.

Just called them.... Looks like I got the same guy online .... He told me that he could not divulge more information than that already was available online... Was told that my case 485 processing times were between 365 and 540 days.. :mad: :mad:

got through ...

I was able to speak to a lady. She took my details and told that they are waiting for security check. When I told her FBI doesn't have name check request, she indicated that USCIS will send one more request. I don't know when that will happen because she said it depends on the timing..god only knows :( :( :mad: :mad:

Hi Rajudm,

How did you speak to customer service. I was not able to speak to CSR because after entering my case number it says due to temporary problems we are not able to access your case and not able to go beyond that point.

I-140/I-485 Rd : 04/10/03
I-140 Ad: 04/04
Fp : 02/15/04
I-485 AD : ???????????

ramaraovr.....

I used my wife's case status number to get the message and continued. Her case status message is ok since no status enquiry was initiated on that case. Try any number of your family and get through. Let me know what happens.

Hi rajudm,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Unfortunately I made status inquiry on my case and changed the address also while doing inquiry and my wife did address change with out status inquiry but both the casses giving temporary problems while entering case number. I guess I don't have any option to speak to CSR at vermont all doors are closed now.

I-140/I-485 Rd : 04/10/03
I-140 Ad: 04/04
Fp : 02/15/04
I-485 AD : ???????????

cbeking said:
Here is what i tried and i am sure i got transferred to the Vermont Service Center. But since their office was closed when i called (around 3.40 PM PST), I got the message "there are no immigration officers at this service center at this time, please call the USCIS national customer service center".

Here is the sequence of steps i followed to get to this:

Press 1 (for english),
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response saying blah blah blah and also at the end saying this is the most upto date information on your case and our customer the same info national customer service agents have (i totally agree with this).
Then choose to continue to the next step "press 3" . choose 3
Listen to the options-
Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications is left out and not processed (don't remmember the exact message text ..but something about companion case "

You get transferred to VSC after choosing option 4.

If you call after VSC operating hours you will be asked to call the National Service center with this message
""there are no immigration officers at this service center at this time, please call the USCIS national customer service center".

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much you guys have been such a great help to me. The VSC screwed up my EAD application by putting a wrong Alien Number on it. I could not correct it by calling the general 800 number (n number of times), faxing, mailing, going to local office and calling the senator. Thanks again.

My 2 cents take on calling VSC...

If we call VSC for every simple reason, like status checks or wondering why it's taking so long kind of enquiries, then they might shut that option down (transferring to VSC) and we won't be able to make any genuine requests in the future. Anyways, each case is unique and call them if it makes sense.

Same happened with FBI fax/email queries - too many requests forced them to stop responding to cases...

Playing devil's advocate here; So, please take this message for what it's worth :)

gin said:
My 2 cents take on calling VSC...

If we call VSC for every simple reason, like status checks or wondering why it's taking so long kind of enquiries, then they might shut that option down (transferring to VSC) and we won't be able to make any genuine requests in the future. Anyways, each case is unique and call them if it makes sense.

Same happened with FBI fax/email queries - too many requests forced them to stop responding to cases...

Playing devil's advocate here; So, please take this message for what it's worth :)

I agree completely. Reading through the thread I was also getting the feeling that people are calling them to be able to "get more info" on their cases. This kind of chatting calls would definitely put an end to whatever resource was available to people who really needed to talk to someone at VSC.

Everyone thinks their case is the most important of all. :rolleyes:

eadwoes said:
I agree completely. Reading through the thread I was also getting the feeling that people are calling them to be able to "get more info" on their cases. This kind of chatting calls would definitely put an end to whatever resource was available to people who really needed to talk to someone at VSC.

Everyone thinks their case is the most important of all. :rolleyes:

Yes... I dont think anythings wrong with that especially when
2001/2002/early 2003 filers are waiting for approval.... and Oct/Nov 2003 and early 2004 filers are getting approved....

I share your concern ....especially coz when I called Vermont USCIS .. the guy online refused to divulge any more information than what was available online.... I could reasonably tell figure out that he could have got more information regarding my case if he wanted to ...but preferred against it ......

Personally speaking I am getting too fiesty ...day by day.....,
Closing in on my 540 day window period for 485 processing times and so are many on this forum.... But I know and so do everyone in this forum that it will not be processed in the next 5-6 months.....!!!!!!

So where does it take me ????? I dont have a clue....No idea why my case is pending....Could be cos of name check.....Dont have a darn clue....Emails to FBI are awaiting answer for past 2 months.....

At least by calling Vermont I thought I might get some info to get some head start sleuthing my case !!!! That was not to be!!!!!!!!! :(

Maybe I am getting too fidgety....so will shut up !!!!!!