A tip for calling the Vermont center

tellmewhy

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I want to share a trick I just learned lately by calling many times to the National service center.

The agents in the National service center is useless, they only read whatever message is online, and nothing more.
But people at Vermont service center is super nice and trust me, they know much more about your case. So here is how you can get in touch with them. Press 1 (for english), press 2 (for existing case), press 6 (for case statues etc), then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.), then press the number (I forgot what number) when it says "you have not received your notice passed 14 days, blahblah". then this way you can talk to a nice Vermont staff and they will be able to tell you a little bit more about your case.

In my case, I saw a message saying " a duplicate notice has been sent out" and they are able to tell me it's a approval notice while nobody else can. so try it, it works.

by the way, I got my notice today but my online status is never updated to "your case has been approved." so i guess it's all different.

Ok, I thought this is intuitively enough. Of course it is the 1800-375-5283. I am very upset about Samanta's post, whoever you are, I have read several of your posts, all of which contains negative messages. Tell me Samanta, what other phone number you're confused about when I said " I call the National service center"???? If you find it hardly useful, ok, ignore it and move on. Instead, you just keep coming back to this site and spread out negative energy. Of course, that is you, everyone knows about you, so grow up and have a life!

Entering EAC # tells you "missing record"

I don't know what negative/positive you saw.
All I say is if you follow the sequence and enter your EAC # finally, you
will finally hear "sorry...due to a temporary problem we cannot find your
case....."

so naturally the question arises..how to get across to Vermont ?

Quoting your text
"
then press the number (I forgot what number) when it says "you have not received your notice passed 14 days, blahblah".
"

I see of no way of reaching this message by following your seq.; hence
the question. Maybe I missed something.
I am not referring to the 1-800-#..yes we all know that. I am referring
to the # you say you forgot.

So what's the big deal about being +ve/-ve here ?

Finally got the VSC center

Here is what i tried and i am sure i got transferred to the Vermont Service Center. But since their office was closed when i called (around 3.40 PM PST), I got the message "there are no immigration officers at this service center at this time, please call the USCIS national customer service center".

Here is the sequence of steps i followed to get to this:

Press 1 (for english),
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response saying blah blah blah and also at the end saying this is the most upto date information on your case and our customer the same info national customer service agents have (i totally agree with this).
Then choose to continue to the next step "press 3" . choose 3
Listen to the options-
Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications is left out and not processed (don't remmember the exact message text ..but something about companion case "

You get transferred to VSC after choosing option 4.

If you call after VSC operating hours you will be asked to call the National Service center with this message
""there are no immigration officers at this service center at this time, please call the USCIS national customer service center".

Hope this helps!

A tip for calling vermont

Will call tom and try ur trick.....

Thanx fot the details message ....

tellmewhy said:
Hi, I want to share a trick I just learned lately by calling many times to the National service center.

The agents in the National service center is useless, they only read whatever message is online, and nothing more.
But people at Vermont service center is super nice and trust me, they know much more about your case. So here is how you can get in touch with them. Press 1 (for english), press 2 (for existing case), press 6 (for case statues etc), then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.), then press the number (I forgot what number) when it says "you have not received your notice passed 14 days, blahblah". then this way you can talk to a nice Vermont staff and they will be able to tell you a little bit more about your case.

In my case, I saw a message saying " a duplicate notice has been sent out" and they are able to tell me it's a approval notice while nobody else can. so try it, it works.

by the way, I got my notice today but my online status is never updated to "your case has been approved." so i guess it's all different.

congrats. update ur signature and pl share ur 485 LUD

This is great infomation.......Guys Try it. It works.

I called VSC right after i read this message today and after i selected the last option, it was about a 30-60 sec wait. A nice customer service service rep. came in and gave me info on my case. They are not in a hurry. They are giving enough time for us to ask questions....Try it out guys if you need to.. This works...NOTE: They have more information than what is posted on the web site.

cbeking said:
Here is what i tried and i am sure i got transferred to the Vermont Service Center. But since their office was closed when i called (around 3.40 PM PST), I got the message "there are no immigration officers at this service center at this time, please call the USCIS national customer service center".

Here is the sequence of steps i followed to get to this:

Press 1 (for english),
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response saying blah blah blah and also at the end saying this is the most upto date information on your case and our customer the same info national customer service agents have (i totally agree with this).
Then choose to continue to the next step "press 3" . choose 3
Listen to the options-
Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications is left out and not processed (don't remmember the exact message text ..but something about companion case "

You get transferred to VSC after choosing option 4.

If you call after VSC operating hours you will be asked to call the National Service center with this message
""there are no immigration officers at this service center at this time, please call the USCIS national customer service center".

Hope this helps!

If your EAC can't be located on phone system ?

For lots of people like me, who get back a reply like
"we are sorry, due to a temporary problem, we cannot locate your account..."
the above tip doesn't work.

Case Status without case number ?

aks999 said:
I called VSC right after i read this message today and after i selected the last option, it was about a 30-60 sec wait. A nice customer service service rep. came in and gave me info on my case. They are not in a hurry. They are giving enough time for us to ask questions....Try it out guys if you need to.. This works...NOTE: They have more information than what is posted on the web site.

Hi tellmewhy/cbeking:

Do they give out case status if I dont have a case (EAC) number, I know the exact dates and all other details that my attorney sent to USCIS. I am trying to get my case Number because my attorney/employer doens not give out this information.

thanks, msd_gc.

For all of you who are thinking this is some kinda trick please read following thread:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=156158

Here is the cut and paste of part of the post:

USCIS Updates on Telephone Access to Service Centers – 12/21/04

Calls Will Be Forwarded From the 800 Number

The USCIS general customer service number, which is 1.800.375.5283. Calls will now be automatically forwarded from this number to Service Centers in the following instances:

1. Where over 30 days have passed from the date of receipt of the welcome notice, but a new Permanent Resident Card has not been received;

2. Post-approval documents have not been received within 30 days of approval;

3. An I-129 approval is received but a consulate/POE hasn't received notification within 7 days;

4. Where companion cases may have been separated in processing;

5. Where there is Change of information on a pending I-129;

6. A Request for Evidence is received from the SC on a case;

Expedites for each Service Center

First your application should be retrievable by the system, if not you cannot go through all the options ... after that do what is listed above and you'll end up talking with somebody in Vermont ... I found out exactly where my applic is (was transferred to Philly, when it arrived in Philly, what happened to my wife's application etc) - they have all the info you need ... very useful ... Thanks tellmewhy and cbeking

nemessis

MD_Rockville said:
aks999 what extra info you got from them ?

nemessis

They didn't give me any information and asked me to check their website.
what question did you ask? She said she is not supposed to give any information about the case.

I called a few minutes ago ... I told them my story and the fact that I cannot find any info on their WEB site about my applic other than being transferred ... of course the guy asked me why I can't check the WEB site, and I told him that there is no info ... I think it depends on your luck ... maybe some service representatives are nasty in the morning ... they didn't wake up yet .. the guy whom I talked with was very nice though (was a man not woman, it looks like you talked with a woman ...) ... so try again later,
nemessis

vahope4gc said:
nemessis

They didn't give me any information and asked me to check their website.
what question did you ask? She said she is not supposed to give any information about the case.

MD_Rockville said:
aks999 what extra info you got from them ?

Online I can find only Application recived on ....it is taking 365-540....etc.

I haven't gotten my finger prints yet. I told all my friends who filed during this time frame are done with their first FP. She looked in to my case said my file was moved (on Dec 14, 04 but no online LUD change) towards generating my 1st FP and I should get it within next 2 weeks. If I don't get it, she aked me to call them after Jan 15, 05.

She also said they are delaying FPs because the approvals are taking more time than its supposed to and FPs are expring

Last edited by a moderator:
I-140/485 : aPRIL 2003
i-140 ad : 04/2004
I-485 AD :: COMMING YEARS ????????????

what is the use of tips if entering eac number it says
"we are sorry, due to a temporary problem, we cannot locate your account..."
and can't go beyond that point......

Guys, this does work. My wife called followed the instruction presented here and she got to speak with a CSR in Vermont and got more detail on her case that what is on the website. Thank you everyone who put the information here.