A stupid question depending on perspective

chenwu

Banned
I have my oath on October 14.
Now the stupid question.
I believe that 14 is an unlucky number.
So my reason for hestitating to take oath on 14th would be that it is considered an unlucky number per my society.
Could/should I ask for another day for my oath?
My reason being number 14 is an unlucky number per my society?

I dont think its a stupid question. I dont care for any number, day or night, solar eclipse or not, 9/11, or not. But for you it may be life or death. Do whatever gives you peace of mind.

ncc

chenwu,

Could you please post your timeline, and district office for everybody's benefit?

It depends on how much it means to you and how superstitious you are. Food for thought: many buildings in US don't have a 13th floor since it's considered unlucky in western culture, but the Chinese consider 13 to be a lucky number.

True. I have seen that so many times. (Missing 13th floor).

If I were to choose the date for my oath, I would choose 13th, just to prove that its nonsense to treat 13th as an unlucky number.

True. I have seen that so many times. (Missing 13th floor).

If I were to choose the date for my oath, I would choose 13th, just to prove that its nonsense to treat 13th as an unlucky number.

i had no clue

I even heard that they wanted to change history so instead of 13 colonies they were 12, number 12 sounds much nicer and people could make false connections that the number of jurors correspond to the number of original colonies ;) Of course I am completely making up this stuff.

chenwu,

What if your receipt ends with 14, or your child is born on the 14th, job interview falls on the 14th, street adress ends with 14, or your zip code.... you get the point....

It's time to be happy - baby! Look forward to a bright future - You will be brand-spanking- new U.S. citizen.... :)

All the best!

Maybe because newer constructions are foreign (Chinese) owned. :rolleyes:

The way I see it, if something good that you have been waiting for long time and you get it, it is a good day. The date is coincidence. The great gift you are getting is going to make it lucky no matter what.
:)

I have my oath on October 14.
Now the stupid question.
I believe that 14 is an unlucky number.
So my reason for hestitating to take oath on 14th would be that it is considered an unlucky number per my society.
Could/should I ask for another day for my oath?
My reason being number 14 is an unlucky number per my society?

I think your life is about to change where what you beleive is a curse becomes a blessing. It is all in your mind. The naturalization process is your entry into a new society. With all due respect, If I were you, I would not test an IO's temper by telling him about your "unlucky" problem and sking about a reschedule of the oath. You might end up waiting months.