A P P R O V E D - In Atlanta, GA. Today!

congratulation. please when you get your green card don't leave this site. because you've been a big help to me.i am happy for you

Haha, thanks for stopping by RedSkins and LucyMO.

I am glad it went this fast. 96 days is not too bad... I was afraid when I started looking at immigration tracking timelines websites and Atlanta DO had 216 days average for an AOS :eek:

Congratulations!!! I hope the wait for the plastic GC is short. Just make sure carry it on you when you receive it. It is the law :)

U don't have to carry the darn card...

Thanks. I will keep it on me, though it is a little scary (if i get mugged, lose it, etc). :)

Congratulations... Ignore triple.... u don't have to carry it... just ensure that it is tatooed on your butt... safest place it can be.... even if you are robbed... the worst that can happen is for a thief to take a cellphone picture of the gc... rather than rip the tatooe off your butt..... :D

Since you are now an alien resident, you can quit your job and repay the discussion board by fielding all questions from new posters... After all, it is the least you can do to fulfill your civic duty: helping intending immigrants... :cool:

This is required of all new LPR... carefully read the instruction which will come with your GC, and don't forget to claim your alien benefits... a check of $1,500 from the state of Alabama for being a new immigrant in Redneckville. :eek:

Don't wait for the mail man to deliver your card.. he moved with all your mail to the new neighborhood... :( :) U are advised to sleep by your post-office and check all incoming mail.... :D

Congratulations... Ignore triple.... u don't have to carry it... just ensure that it is tatooed on your butt... safest place it can be.... even if you are robbed... the worst that can happen is for a thief to take a cellphone picture of the gc... rather than rip the tatooe off your butt..... :D

Since you are now an alien resident, you can quit your job and repay the discussion board by fielding all questions from new posters... After all, it is the least you can do to fulfill your civic duty: helping intending immigrants... :cool:

This is required of all new LPR... carefully read the instruction which will come with your GC, and don't forget to claim your alien benefits... a check of $1,500 from the state of Alabama for being a new immigrant in Redneckville. :eek:

Don't wait for the mail man to deliver your card.. he moved with all your mail to the new neighborhood... :( :) U are advised to sleep by your post-office and check all incoming mail.... :D

Congrats! I think you were one of the most dedicated person i have seen on this post. i think it will be sad to see you go. hope you will come back and help new fellows go through this process. anyways, i agree with Al Southner on this except the tattoo part. i think you will need a good sleeping bag and a water proof tent and Camp infront of the post office, hopefully not as long as i did. Actually, it happened that i received the greencard the day i did not check my mail because i was so frustrated, i was about to attack my mailman because i thought, he infact moved into another neighborhood with my mail. I am wondering what is to point in the law that asks us to carry the greencard at all times. I think if it is looked carefully it might come to mean that you have to carry it with you whenever you leave this country or your residence, maybe even when you go to other state. i dont know, does anybody have an insight to this?
well, good luck mate! enjoy!
IS

Last edited by a moderator:
I will still check this forum (from my iPhone ;)) but probably not post as much. The least I can do, for all the help I receive from fellows here :).

I will make a color copy of the GC and laminate it :p

Congrats

Our FP done on the same day as yours in Memphis. Interview was done in end of July. Name check is still pending. However, after interview LUD on I130 and I485 is changed but it still says that case is pending at National visa center.. IO did tell us that he could not approve before name check so I assume that all we are waiting is for the name check...
Anyway, Your name check was quick.
Congrats again..

I will still check this forum (from my iPhone ;)) but probably not post as much. The least I can do, for all the help I receive from fellows here :).

I will make a color copy of the GC and laminate it :p

That is not legal. Just memorize your Alien #. It should be enough

Job well done Praet, and a big fat CONGRATULATIONS ! That was su-weet ! I am sincerely happy for you !

It is not legal to make color copies of federal doccuments. Why? I dont have any idea, every time you go to Kinkos or Staples, you can see that on the signs close to the color copy machines.
It is pretty much like copying a legal note (read one dollar bill)
You dont need to carry your gc with you, actually the USCIS/SSA discourage people on doing so. Just memorize your alien #. Carry your DL or ID. Do not carry your ead , ss card or gc with you. If you do so, you are opening the door to ID thieves. That is why they gave you that A#. They have computers you know ? :D

Good day to all AOS posters,

I have a question. Why does USCIS retain the I-94 after the interview? I thought GC traveller's need the I-94 for reentry. Can someone enlighten me about this?

Thank you kindly

You do not need it for re-entry. They take it before you leave the US on when you no longer need it. It is needed (to be returned) so that when you come back to the US, there is proof that you indeed left the US (not overstayed).

In that case, if you lose it, you must keep your boarding passes showing that you left the US, the next time you come back.

They take you I-94 because your status in the US, is no longer ruled by that I-94. Now you are a permanent resident and no longer need it.

Thank you, PraetorianXI !!!!!!

When travelling on a GC do permanent residence still fill out the I-94 when returning to the U.S., and submit it to the IO at the port of entry?:confused: