A P P R O V E D - In Atlanta, GA. Today!

If a company really does need you, you can work for them but you wont get paid, until you get ssn.

Actually, a company will pay you, but withhold taxes at the highest rate (which comes out to about 30%). If they didn't pay you, it would be like them assuming you would pay 100% in taxes.

Once you get your SSN, and then file taxes, you will get a nice Refund :D

BTW, this is stated on a form that you can get from SSN. It tells you that you can work even if you don't have the number, and what percentage your employer must take in the meantime.

Hey PraetorianXI!

A quick question for you (OK, a few questions): how long did your InfoPass take? What time was it scheduled for and at what time did it actually take place?

I'm just trying to figure out how much time I have to take off work...

Also, you mentioned somewhere (I think) that it pays off to know your interviewer's name. Did the lady that you had your InfoPass with actually go to your interviewer's office or something?

Thanks!

Hey PraetorianXI!

A quick question for you (OK, a few questions): how long did your InfoPass take? What time was it scheduled for and at what time did it actually take place?

I'm just trying to figure out how much time I have to take off work...

Also, you mentioned somewhere (I think) that it pays off to know your interviewer's name. Did the lady that you had your InfoPass with actually go to your interviewer's office or something?

Thanks!

I arrived at 9:45 (15 minutes before appointment time)

You check in the lobby, they give you a number. Mine was 77, current number in the screen was 50.

There were like 10 windows and about 4 officers :p so it took about 1 hour before they called my number (to booth 7).

Then the lady talked to me for 5 minutes, spent 30 looking for my file and then 5 more minutes to stamp my passport and leave... So I would say about 3 hours total? :rolleyes:

Today has been a GREAT day!

I started at my job as a photographer. Lots of things to learn but very very exciting! :D

Also I got:

1 LUD on my I-130 (Approval Notice Sent) :D :D

1 LUD on my I-485 (Notice Welcoming New Resident Sent) :D :D

1 LUD on my I-765 (Approval Notice Sent) :D :D

And guess what?! ;) when I checked my MailBox... I received my EAD Card! :D :D

Weird thing huh!? I guess that Infopass REALLY helped! Since the lady put my file on top of the Q!

But about the EAD, it was actually Mailed to me on the 17th (same day of my infopass). So, they took a bit to update their system I guess.

Anyways, celebrate with me!

Tomorrow, I am going to the SSA again and hopefully get my SSN this time!

I arrived at 9:45 (15 minutes before appointment time)

You check in the lobby, they give you a number. Mine was 77, current number in the screen was 50.

There were like 10 windows and about 4 officers :p so it took about 1 hour before they called my number (to booth 7).

Then the lady talked to me for 5 minutes, spent 30 looking for my file and then 5 more minutes to stamp my passport and leave... So I would say about 3 hours total? :rolleyes:

Thanks, Praetorian! I appreciate it.

I'll possibly have to miss a meeting at work, but I hope at least I'll have some good news on Thursday.

Man, it's so frustrating. I thought I already had this part of the process behind me. :mad: I hope they find my papers... :(

By the way, congratulations on all the updates and whatnot and the new job!!! :D

Thanks, Praetorian! I appreciate it.

I'll possibly have to miss a meeting at work, but I hope at least I'll have some good news on Thursday.

Man, it's so frustrating. I thought I already had this part of the process behind me. :mad: I hope they find my papers... :(

By the way, congratulations on all the updates and whatnot and the new job!!! :D

Thanks man! Go for that infopass, I am sure it will be worth it ;)

Today has been a GREAT day!

I started at my job as a photographer. Lots of things to learn but very very exciting! :D

Also I got:

1 LUD on my I-130 (Approval Notice Sent) :D :D

1 LUD on my I-485 (Notice Welcoming New Resident Sent) :D :D

1 LUD on my I-765 (Approval Notice Sent) :D :D

And guess what?! ;) when I checked my MailBox... I received my EAD Card! :D :D

Weird thing huh!? I guess that Infopass REALLY helped! Since the lady put my file on top of the Q!

But about the EAD, it was actually Mailed to me on the 17th (same day of my infopass). So, they took a bit to update their system I guess.

Anyways, celebrate with me!

Tomorrow, I am going to the SSA again and hopefully get my SSN this time!

So they mail you the EAD card when you get the the CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED EMAIL? or do they mail it out when you get the approval notice? I've seen different stories from people.

So they mail you the EAD card when you get the the CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED EMAIL? or do they mail it out when you get the approval notice? I've seen different stories from people.

When you get the approval notice sent? first they need to make the card, before they can send it to you right? :)

Has anyone here had a I-751 interview? Praetorian as you haven't been married 2 years you will only get the 2 yr version of the GC. Interestingly enough my husband and I applied to have the conditions removed last fall and I actually received a GC with a 10 yr expiration date; BUT guess what......it is still a conditional card - which we never knew until last month when we got a notice to appear for an interview. We questioned that thinking it must be a mistake - I have the 10 yr GC but NO - so we have to go for an interview Sept 4.
Bad part is as we thought it was all over we haven't kept receipts, or taken many photos etc over the past year. Due to my husband's poor credit most bills are in my name only. He is listed as an occupant of the apartment but not on the lease. Hopefully that isn't a problem. We do have joint tax returns, shared cell phone bill but not much else:(
I'm a little concerned but at this point if we did rush out to open up joint accounts it would look fishy!
iF ANYONE has been to a I-751 interview I'd love to hear of the experience

I got my Green Card in the mail today!!!! :D :D :D

Yup. Only 5 days since production ordered, only 10 days since my infopass, and 20 since my interview :D

I got the Green Today :D

It surely does cheer me up (since I just got a molar tooth pulled out :()

Thanks for all of your support, I will not be coming here anymore, see you in 620 days (when I removed the conditions on the card!) ;) Hehehe, just kidding! :)

congratulation praetorianxi.remember i post a thread about my friend she got her welcome letter today very shocking and surprising with all those question that i.o give them .congratulation to everyone who receive there green card

Congratulation!!!!!!

Everytime I read an AOS poster have received their green card..

I get very excited, knowing I will be next.....

Congratulation Prae!!!!!

No way!!! :eek: That was quick, man! Somebody up there must really like you (and by "up there" I mean the almighty USCIS, of course... ;) ).

Congratulations, PraetorianXI! I'm really happy for you! :)

I hope I'll get my GC soon, too. Five days since the email, that would make it this week. :D

In the meantime, I received my approval notice on my I-485 today.

I know that my wife's I-130 approval notice has been sent as well, but we forgot to change the address on her petition in time, so I don't think we'll get it. As far as I know, these letters don't get forwarded, right? I hope that they'll re-send it to the new address.

Anyways, congratulations again! Enjoy! :D

OK, that's weird. I just got another "Card production ordered." email dated today. :eek:

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Am I getting to cards? :confused:

OK, that's weird. I just got another "Card production ordered." email dated today. :eek:

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Am I getting to cards? :confused:

Lol :D do not pay attention to that, USCIS online status system has gone mad. :eek:

You should get your GC tomorrow! :D

I got my Green Card in the mail today!!!! :D :D :D

Yup. Only 5 days since production ordered, only 10 days since my infopass, and 20 since my interview :D

I got the Green Today :D

It surely does cheer me up (since I just got a molar tooth pulled out :()

Thanks for all of your support, I will not be coming here anymore, see you in 620 days (when I removed the conditions on the card!) ;) Hehehe, just kidding! :)

congrats