A number in passport stamp

kerberos72

Registered Users (C)
I recently got my passport stamped, I just notice that the A number in the stamp does not match any other number (ie A number is 485, etc) it was my understanding that you would get assigned an A number when you file 485 and that you would keep that number once you become a LPR. am I wrong?

Can anybody tell me if the A number stamped in your passport matches any other number in any immigration form?

Thanks a lot

kerberos72 said:
I recently got my passport stamped, I just notice that the A number in the stamp does not match any other number (ie A number is 485, etc) it was my understanding that you would get assigned an A number when you file 485 and that you would keep that number once you become a LPR. am I wrong?
---- you are correct
Can anybody tell me if the A number stamped in your passport matches any other number in any immigration form?
The A# should be same as on I-485 filing reciept,or EAD and AP,
Thanks a lot

kerberos72 said:

See my post in your other thread. Get this fixed if at all possible if you need to travel before you get the card.