A LUD a day......

pvkby said:
I hate to be discouraging, but I had my infopass yesterday primarily for the reason of asking them about my I-131. The IO I talked to was very nice and it sounded like it is not really about what they can or cannot do. The story can be very compelling and there is probubly a great reason for expiditing the travel docs, but he said that NBC will not consider anything but death or terminal illness...sorry...

That sucks. I'll keep my infopass anyway, as I leave near the DO and I'm curious about my namecheck.

Receipt Date vs Notice Date

This announcement may have been up for awhile, but I just found it today on the USCIS site. I had called the 800 number some time back to verify that my RD was, indeed, my RD. They HAVE to process cases based on Receipt Dates and not Notice Dates. It stated on the USCIS site that my RD was 8 days later than it said on my NOAs. So here is the notice for those who haven't read it. The Processing Date is the day they Received the package, not the Notice Date:

NOTE: Due to an unusually large volume of receipts at the Service Centers, it is taking longer than expected to enter cases into the system. Depending on the type of case and service requested, it may take approximately 14 days to generate and mail receipt notices. Once the receipt notice has been generated, it may take an additional 2 to 3 days for customers to receive their receipt notices in the mail. Per existing policies and procedures, requests for Premium Processing Service will continue to be processed within 15 days. USCIS wishes to assure all customers that the original received date will be honored and recorded on the receipt notice. This date will appear in the "Received Date" box on Form I-797, Notice of Action. The received date is different from the "Notice Date", which also appears on Form I-797. The Notice Date is the date the receipt notice was actually generated. USCIS has taken appropriate measures to address this situation.

ok so i just got an email from CRIS saying that my EAD has been approved and its on its way. now i don't know if i should be happy or not. i've read that they weren't approving EAD's so quickly b/c they were scheduling interviews faster than it took for the EAD application to be looked at, approved and sent.
so now i feel that it's going to be a while before i see my interview letter. this just follows from the logic that i've stated above. i could be nuts though so i wanna know what you guys think. this sucks cuz i just wanted to get this done with.

candyattitude said:
ok so i just got an email from CRIS saying that my EAD has been approved and its on its way. now i don't know if i should be happy or not. i've read that they weren't approving EAD's so quickly b/c they were scheduling interviews faster than it took for the EAD application to be looked at, approved and sent.
so now i feel that it's going to be a while before i see my interview letter. this just follows from the logic that i've stated above. i could be nuts though so i wanna know what you guys think. this sucks cuz i just wanted to get this done with.

That's great news. Of course it is nicer to have the GC, but you have paid for your EAD and I am sure the interview letter will be coming soon. (even though the IO during my infopass said it is taking 8-14 months, at least for my DO), so as long as I have my AP and EAD I can wait 8-14 months...

candyattitude said:

I really don't know what happened.
A colleague of mine (DO NYC) has ND the day before you. He got his interview notice about a month ago and his interview is in less than 3 weeks (mid-Sep).

I didn't apply for AP because I thought I wouldn't even need it. Now I'm afraid to get interview around Thanksgiving (when I'll be away). And then my wife and I have to go to Japan for 4 months from January to May.

Hi guys,

a couple of questions:

whenever you get an update on your case, do they always send an e-mail (I am registered online)??

sarrebal, did you actually ask the IO about the interview letter??? and did he specifically indicate that it has been initiated and who initiates it local DO or NBC???

Thanks

pvkby said:
Hi guys,

a couple of questions:

whenever you get an update on your case, do they always send an e-mail (I am registered online)??

sarrebal, did you actually ask the IO about the interview letter??? and did he specifically indicate that it has been initiated and who initiates it local DO or NBC???

Thanks

Well.... my last update was on July 3 for I-485 and July 5 for relative petition and EAD. Nothing since then. And I think you get an email just when the status message changes.

Yes, I did ask the IO about my interview notice.
He said that my file has been ready for interview scheduling (I guess no RFE then, but I'm knocking on wood here) since July 27 and that it could take up to 30 days to get something in the mail. He said that I should definitely get something in the mail real soon. Didn't happen yet and it's actually 30 days tomorrow.
I'm worried that my interview will be scheduled on the two days after T-giving weekend (I'll be away) and then I will have to postpone it...but it's gotta be by Christmas, otherwise we'll be away for 4 months. I wish I applied one week before.... :mad:

pvkby said:
The only email I ever got from USCIS is the one saying I had registered on their site. I've had no LUDs since July 7th, and yet since that date I've received biometrics appointment, taken biometrics and received my interview letter.

The USCIS case status online system is worthless IMHO.

Hey, you guys are so spoiled with those LUDs. Look at me, as of today, I can't even find my case online yet.

horiba said:
Hey, you guys are so spoiled with those LUDs. Look at me, as of today, I can't even find my case online yet.

Got interview letters in less than a month and complain about you can't find status online? Who's spoiled?
Wanna trade? :D

Thanks for the offer, sarrebal. Hehe, that's why I don't want to be spoiled. :p

But I just can't resisit the tempation of checking it online everyday and hoping one day they show up. We are just so paranoid.

dr_lha said:
The USCIS case status online system is worthless IMHO.

Or at least eratic. I got a LUD on both my I-765 and I-131 applications today. I also received two identical emails saying that my I-131 AP has been approved, but nothing about the I-765. Checking the status of the I-131 online says that it has been approved, but the I-765 is listed as still waiting for a decision.

I guess I can cancel that infopass next week, at least... :)

That's great news! Hopefully you'll get an EAD approval soon.

Just read about someone who got an EAD approval on August 24th on a June 13th RD

(An August 25th update on the USCIS precessing times now shows the NBC processing June 11 EADs.)

AP Approved!

Hey, my AP got approved too! Happened on Friday. Yay :)

Says my work visa is still waiting too. But I'm so happy I can finally go visit my family now.

About the NBC processing times. I think they're way off. Says as of August 25th they're working on May 11th travel documents. Mine was from June 21st...so it doesn't make any sense.

I had an infopass appointment on thursday, but didn't bother going because I didn't think they'd be able to help me much (with my AP). I'm glad I didn't waste my time going seeing that my AP was approved the next day, hehe.

Just got a call from my wife. We received the interview notice! :D :D
It's on Tuesday, October 24 at 1pm at Garden City (little bummer here but no big deal, we have a car).

Interview will be on day 121, four months from notice date. Not bad for NY (even though somebody got it in as little as 3 months).

Definitely a good news.
Let's keep this thread updated!

I forgot.....obviously, NO online LUD whatsoever.....(last for I-485 is on 7/3) why do they even bother saying that you could check online????

sarrebal said:
I forgot.....obviously, NO online LUD whatsoever.....(last for I-485 is on 7/3) why do they even bother saying that you could check online????
Same as me. Congratulations BTW! :)

cit100 said:
Congratulations. Let's see if you get EAD or AP before the interview...

I think I should be getting my EAD pretty soon.
I'll never get AP since I didn't apply.
I'll be leaving the US tomorrow (Ernesto willing) still under my H-1B.
I'll do it again @ Thanksgiving but hopefully I'll have my green card (or at least an I-551 stamp).