A LUD a day......

AP Approval Notice?

Hi everybody,

This may be a silly question, but as I posted above, I got an email on Friday saying my I-131 was approved and that "an approval notice was mailed". Is this approval notice the actual AP document I'll be needing to travel or just a notice?

Just making sure because I'm planning on buying my tickets whenever it gets here (hopefully this week). By the way...if anyone on here has received their AP and this "approval notice" is the actual AP document, how long did it take you to receive it in the mail from the date of the approval email?

Thanks so much! :)

More on AP...

I went for my infopass appointment this morning (forgot to cancel it, and I only live 20 mins away from the DO...). I asked the officer:

- I am in H1-B status which expires Sep 13
- My employer has applied for an expension to my H1-B, but it hasn't been processed yet
- My I-485 based AP has been approved and is in the mail
- My interview is Sep 26
- I haven't heard about my EAD yet
- I need to travel Sep 12 - Sep 18 to the UK

Given this, can I continue to work for my employer in the week between my re-entry date and the GC interview if I use my AP to re-enter the country ?

I though the answer would be, no, once you enter on AP you need the EAD to work, but he said it would be fine to carry on working for my employer once I re-enter, even without the EAD. I would still be in H1-B status.

Sounds strange to me, particularly since my existing H1-B will have expired and my renewal hasn't been processed yet...

Any comments...?

I believe the reason you're still allowed to work is that your employer has filed for an H-1B extension. Filiing this extension is all that is needed for you to be able to continue to work under the H-1B. For example one time I got my H-1B extended, it took USCIS 9 months to approve it, however in all that time I was legal to work (just not to travel).

H-1B is only abandoned once you use your EAD, I don't believe it will be considered abandoned by leaving the country.

Vik2006 said:
Finally!!

AP Approved! Touch on EAD....

Congratulations. I got my EAD approval email today.

I also got the AP in the mail yesterday. In answer to LizzieDP, it was the actual document needed to travel (the I-512L) and not an I-797 approval notice.

Thanks!!

Looks like the EAD is taking a couple of extra days after the AP. I've seen quite a few similar timelines recently.

cit100 - congrats on the EAD!

Oooh, thanks for the info cit100. Maybe my AP is in the mail today. I'll check it in a few :)

Oh, I got an email on Tuesday about my EAD saying: "On August 29, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

This is exciting! :D

Parole Stamp?

Woohoo...Got my AP :p

Hey cit100,

Just wondering...on the bottom right side of your AP documents, did anyone stamp the "National Benefits Center Parole Stamp" box on yours? There are no stamps on either of mine. Maybe those boxes are stamped by the officials when entering the US.

Thanks

LizzieDP said:
Just wondering...on the bottom right side of your AP documents, did anyone stamp the "National Benefits Center Parole Stamp" box on yours? There are no stamps on either of mine. Maybe those boxes are stamped by the officials when entering the US.

No, there's no stamp. That's where the immigration officer at the POE will stamp when you use it. I think that text"National Benefits Center" is separate from the text "Parole Stamp" if you look at the form in the right way. It's confusing formatting, I think.

All right, the process has finally started moving along. LUDs on my EAD on 08/31 and AP approval on 09/01...

Just got my first LUDs since July 7th, today on Both I-130 and I-485. I've already got my interview date as you can see below. Nothing on my EAD however.

I got my EAD in the mail this morning. No green I-797C approval notice, just the white form that the card comes attached to (the I-797D) and the card itself (I-766).

Barring getting screwed by the FBI, I think I'm on the home stretch now...

we have our interview in a day( 6th September ). Last LUD still shows 07/03/ There is no update after FP. Is this common these days ?

workhomes2003 said:
we have our interview in a day( 6th September ). Last LUD still shows 07/03/ There is no update after FP. Is this common these days ?

We had a few touches shortly after our FP and then nothing or any changes until we were approved August 30th at the interview. I wouldn't worry about the LUD changes as they seem to be inconsistent.
Best of luck to you on the 6th. :)

pvkby said:
All right, the process has finally started moving along. LUDs on my EAD on 08/31 and AP approval on 09/01...

Good news.
Hopefully you'll get it in the mail just in time to attend your friend wedding.

Got my EAD approval email this morning!

It says approved on 09/01.....they sent an email after 4 days!!??....labor day probably has something to do with it.

Anyways.....I CAN WORK!!