A LUD a day......

I agree. Because I got my AP on 06/07/06 and my case status online is still:

We got your application on....., we will mail you with the decision as soon as the processing is incomplete.... and all this BS.

I dont know about any problem in the data base, this is the first time I hear about this. Baseline, Ignore the LUD. I wish that it doesnt exist because I check it about 19 times in a single day, even I disconnected my internet at home because I am paranoid about it.

Best of luck to all

A colleague of mine (same DO, of course) has ND six days (4 business days) before mine.

He received his interview notice (interview in mid-September) more than 3 weeks ago.

I'm kinda worried now.....@ infopass I've been told my interview has been requested on 7/27......After 3 weeks I haven't received anything.... Hopefully it's not lost.....

sarrebal said:
Absolutely no LUDs since July 3 for I-485 and July 5 for I-130&I-765....

But honestly I think LUDs don't reflect the real processing of the application...

I think you're right. The 2006 USCIS Ombudsman's report make a big deal about how most USCIS processing is still paper based and that congress should provide them with appropriated money to invest in a decent computer system. It sounds like they have a mish-mash of systems that don't really talk to each other.

The report does credit the Los Angeles DO with being one of the best run offices, however, so that is probably the reason I have my interview date so quickly.

candyattitude said:
and you haven't gotten any luds?? i'm still waiting for mine too and i put in everything before you...

My colleague got ND 6/20 (one day before you), but he had FP on 7/6...... Less than 3 weeks from FP he got interview notice......
Hopefully we will get it soon...

sarrebal said:
Any news anyone?

The strange thing is that we got an approval letter in the mail from USCIS Dallas district office and now await the GC --- however, the online status has not changed and still has LUD of 07/03 - your application has been received...etc. etc.

Do not be concerned about the LUD's - it seems like they dont work for everyone. That is my opinion at least.

dr_lha said:
No LUDs as yet, but I did just come back from vacation to find my interview notice in the mail! :D

Hey congrats!

I hope to find mine pretty soon too.
My wife and I have to go to Japan for 4 months from January to May. I hope we'll be done by then, otherwise we have to postpone everything.

To update, the LUD changed today to 8/22 saying - a welcome notice has been mailed. But it was quite behind the actual receipt of the small notice. Note that the welcome notice referred to in the LUD, however; is the official large welcome letter printed like a notice of action - the one we received is just a smaller note from the district office to say that it has been approved with the officer's signature.

I haven't had an update since July 4th,
YES JULY 4th there was an update . Weird, Nothing since

but have received interview notice so Online LUD is a waste

sarrebal said:
Any news anyone?

Nothing about my AP or EAD yet, which is really frustrating. My H1-B expires on Sep 13, and my interview is Sep 26. There is a work conference in the UK that I should be going to on Set 17-19. Currently I can't go, due to the H1-B expiring.

I am wondering if I can get an infopass to get an AP from the LA DO. Has anyone tried this?

I will definately be insisting on an ADIT stamp if and when I get my GC aproval.

Hey there..

Hey cit100,

We've got the same ND date and I still haven't heard or received anything for my AP either :(

My I-131 receipt says 60-90 days to process. I'm starting to think it's going to be the full 90 days. Ugh. My receipt number begins with MSC (National Benefits Center) and based on that center's processing dates it looks like I may be right.

I have an appointment for tomorrow, but I may cancel because I don't have any life or death emergency I can use to get them to make me an AP right then. I'm really not sure if there's any other way of convincing them to help me out, but based on experience, it seems unlikely.

LizzieDP said:
Hey cit100,

We've got the same ND date and I still haven't heard or received anything for my AP either :(

My I-131 receipt says 60-90 days to process. I'm starting to think it's going to be the full 90 days. Ugh. My receipt number begins with MSC (National Benefits Center) and based on that center's processing dates it looks like I may be right.

I have an appointment for tomorrow, but I may cancel because I don't have any life or death emergency I can use to get them to make me an AP right then. I'm really not sure if there's any other way of convincing them to help me out, but based on experience, it seems unlikely.

I had my INFOPASS yesterday. I guess it was not surpising to find out that there is nothing an IO could do about my AP since I did not have a life'/death emergency. However, I left with mixed feelings. One one hand, he said that my name check/fingerprints have been cleared by FBI which is good, however then he said that it is taking between 8-14 months to get an interview letter...which is obviously is not the case with a lot of people on this forum...

As far as AP and EAD are concerned, it DID sound like it will take close to 90 rather than 60 days...

pvkby said:
I had my INFOPASS yesterday. I guess it was not surpising to find out that there is nothing an IO could do about my AP since I did not have a life'/death emergency. However, I left with mixed feelings. One one hand, he said that my name check/fingerprints have been cleared by FBI which is good, however then he said that it is taking between 8-14 months to get an interview letter...which is obviously is not the case with a lot of people on this forum...

As far as AP and EAD are concerned, it DID sound like it will take close to 90 rather than 60 days...

8-14 months? Don't pay too much attention. Although very nice, the IO at infopass told me that I can't travel on H-1B..... I tried to explain him but he started with graphic explanation on a piece of paper..... I gave up right away.
It now takes between 2 to 3 months to get an interview letter. Discriminant is how busy and staffed is the DO (my guess is that Charlotte is not that busy, but perhaps understaffed....Los Angeles is definitely busy but probably superstaffed).

sarrebal said:
8-14 months? Don't pay too much attention. Although very nice, the IO at infopass told me that I can't travel on H-1B..... I tried to explain him but he started with graphic explanation on a piece of paper..... I gave up right away.
Oh Jeez, really? What an idiot. The law is pretty clear when it comes to travelling with an H1B when filing for AOS. My biggest worry is coming across a CBP officer who is similarly ignorant on that issue.

LizzieDP said:

Hi LizzieDP,

If you go for the infopass, please let me know what happens. I have made an appoitment for next week. I'm going to take a letter from my employer saying that it's important I to the conference and see what they say.

cit100 said:
If you go for the infopass, please let me know what happens. I have made an appoitment for next week. I'm going to take a letter from my employer saying that it's important I to the conference and see what they say.

I hate to be discouraging, but I had my infopass yesterday primarily for the reason of asking them about my I-131. The IO I talked to was very nice and it sounded like it is not really about what they can or cannot do. The story can be very compelling and there is probubly a great reason for expiditing the travel docs, but he said that NBC will not consider anything but death or terminal illness...sorry...