A LUD a day......

cs2004 said:
Hi all,
I had my interview on June12th 2006 and NC pending at Atlanta DO. Yesterday i had a LUD changed to 8/10/2006 on my I485. Hopefully some thing is going on.
Did anyone had this situation and got approved after the LUD changed?
I am hoping they will approve soon

cs2004, I had my interview on 5/9/2006 and was told my case was pending name check. I also had a LUD change on 7/16/2006. It has almost been a month and nothing has happened so far. I had an Infopass a couple of days ago, and was informed my case is still pending name check.

Hiddendragon38 said:
cs2004, I had my interview on 5/9/2006 and was told my case was pending name check. I also had a LUD change on 7/16/2006. It has almost been a month and nothing has happened so far. I had an Infopass a couple of days ago, and was informed my case is still pending name check.

Thanks for the information Hiddendragon38.

Living a 10-minute walk from your office doesn't help the waiting process....

Even today I went home during my lunch break....plenty of mail....plenty of bills and spam..... no USCIS mail.... :(

:D

cs2004, do you mind sharing your status before I485 applications? From what I have read (I might be wrong), H1B status holders tend to experience longer wait than others (I don't know why). I was on H1B before.

Hiddendragon38 said:
cs2004, do you mind sharing your status before I485 applications? From what I have read (I might be wrong), H1B status holders tend to experience longer wait than others (I don't know why). I was on H1B before.

Hiddendragon38 i am on H1B and started my GC through the company in Jan 2004 and i got approved my labor, 140, EAD and AP. After that priority dates came into picture as the visa numbers are not avaliable to approve employmentsbased 485. And the dates for EB3 were april2001 as of current, that means people who applied for Labor in 2001 will get the 485 approved. My date was 2004 so i have to wait 3 more years if the dates move month to month so thats the reason its taking long long ...... time to get GC through the employement base.

My wife became citizen in December 2005 so i applied another 485 through my wife in Feb 2006 got interview for that in 12th june 2006 but name check pending.

In fact USCIS had send name check request to FBI for my employment based in 8/2004 thats did not got cleared till now its 2 years.
I came to know this through senator.
I guess USCIS did not send another name check request for FBI for my familybased application as they already send one.

Hiddendragon38 said:

I entered the US on a H1B visa and am now married to a USC. My process has been going very quickly so far (see timeline). We sent in mid June and have Interview for August 30th, so I don't think the H1B has slowed it down.
I hope you all hear something soon :)

Cateach,
We are not saying H1B slows down the whole application process. I read somewhere saying H1B holders are subject to longer FBI/NAME CHECk delays, or statistics shows... I had my interview fairly quickly too but I am still waiting on name check three month after the interview.

I am on an H1-B visa, my wife is a USC. We were interviewed in 103 days since ND. My name check had come through by interview date, and if it matters I have a very common last name.

H1b and FBI check delay...same experience

I had the same experience.I applied through my wife in Feb,2006. Prior to that I used to get my visa Security Clearance within 4 days from my country(Jordan). Currently I am an engineer in Toledo,OH. I interviewed in May, 2006, IO told me that FBI name check is pedning. LUD was on 5/2/06 then 7/26/06 so I was happy hoping that something came up, Info pass 7/29/06 officer told me that FBI still pedning.
Just wanted to share my experience with you guys

I just came back from an Infopass at Federal Plaza.
The officer was very nice and friendly.

I explained him that I have a very good job offer that I'm gonna take as soon as my EAD will arrive and that it will imply a lot of traveling.
I also told him that I'm going to the Caribbean in 2 weeks with my H-1B visa.
Well, he freaked me out right away.....He said that now I'm not a H-1B anymore since I'm AOS pending..... I tried to argue with him but I gave up since it was clear that he didn't know what he was talking about...

He was friendly though so I asked him if my interview is on the way. He wasn't very clear, but basically he said that on Jul 27 they put together my file and requested an interview to the DO.....doesn't mean that the interview notice has been issued that very same day, but he said I should get it in the mail definitely soon.

At this point I also asked him about my background check. He said right away that FP are ok. I asked about FBI namecheck and he said that it's ok. It already came back. Excellent news! I left pretty happy and surprised about how efficient and nice they are at Federal Plaza.

Chicken Little..

The sky is falling.

Got an LUD on my husband's I-765 yesterday (proof of life at USCIS!) but only because we forced it by doing a Case Status Inquiry. I'm at least hoping they'll get his EAD processed because there is no way we can drive 400 miles to get an iEAD on day 91. They still didn't "touch" his I-485, however.

That's good news you got, Sarr - I think your D.O. is one of the speedy ones, so if the interview has been requested you'll hopefully get a Date soon! Worrisome, tho, what he said about your status. Seems that the officers should be a bit more knowledgeable than that, but I'm really starting to wonder about the people staffing these places. First time we called to initiate a Status Inquiry (on day 75) the guy told my husband that day 75 was 6 days away. So they are numerically-challenged as well :eek: as unorganized.

JustCounting said:
The sky is falling.

Got an LUD on my husband's I-765 yesterday (proof of life at USCIS!) but only because we forced it by doing a Case Status Inquiry. I'm at least hoping they'll get his EAD processed because there is no way we can drive 400 miles to get an iEAD on day 91. They still didn't "touch" his I-485, however.

That's good news you got, Sarr - I think your D.O. is one of the speedy ones, so if the interview has been requested you'll hopefully get a Date soon! Worrisome, tho, what he said about your status. Seems that the officers should be a bit more knowledgeable than that, but I'm really starting to wonder about the people staffing these places. First time we called to initiate a Status Inquiry (on day 75) the guy told my husband that day 75 was 6 days away. So they are numerically-challenged as well :eek: as unorganized.

I think EAD is going to be approved tomorrow..... and interview notice will come soon after.

JustCounting said:
Worrisome, tho, what he said about your status. Seems that the officers should be a bit more knowledgeable than that, but I'm really starting to wonder about the people staffing these places.

I just called the 800 number for my own peace of mind (you never know they changed the rules about H1 visas being able to travel last night).
Lady on the phone was very nice yet firm (you could tell she knew her sh*!t). She told me I can travel with no problem at all. And that it could take 30 days for the interview notice to be mailed.

sarrebal said:
I just called the 800 number for my own peace of mind (you never know they changed the rules about H1 visas being able to travel last night).

That's what the 800 number is for ! Thank goodness you got someone who knew what she was talking about and you can travel without that little nagging voice in the back of your mind.. enjoy your trip !! :)

sarrebal said:
Lady on the phone was very nice yet firm (you could tell she knew her sh*!t). She told me I can travel with no problem at all. And that it could take 30 days for the interview notice to be mailed.

The 800 number gave you the correct advice. 8CFR245.2(a)(4)(ii)(C) states that

The travel outside of the United States by an applicant for adjustment
of status who is not under exclusion, deportation, or removal proceeding and
who is in lawful H–1 or L–1 status shall not be deemed an abandonment of the
application if, upon returning to this country, the alien remains eligible for
H or L status, is coming to resume employment with the same employer for
whom he or she had previously been authorized to work as an H–1 or L–1
nonimmigrant, and, is in possession of a valid H or L visa (if required) and the
original I–797 receipt notice for the application for adjustment of status.

I just got back from a conference in Vietnam (POE was LAX) and the CBP officer admitted me without any problem. He asked me the usual questions: who I worked for, what I did there, how long I have worked there. Then he asked me why I was on a H1-B, not a J-1, as I work for a university. I told him I went for the H1-B as I have immigrant intent and have a pending I-485. He the asked me what an I-485 was... I told him I was applying for a green card. He didn't seem bothered, nor did he ask to see any documentation other than my visa (neither the 797 for my H1-B, nor the 797 for the AOS, although I had both of them with me). He asked me if work was applying for my green card and I told him it was through marriage. At that point he stamped the I-94 and my passport and said "welcome home."

sarrebal said:
At this point I also asked him about my background check. He said right away that FP are ok. I asked about FBI namecheck and he said that it's ok. It already came back. Excellent news! I left pretty happy and surprised about how efficient and nice they are at Federal Plaza.

Hi sarrebal,

Did you have any LUDs on your file between FP and hearing that your FBI check at cleared at the infopass interview? I haven't had any LUDs since 7/9 and I'm curious if my FBI check has come through. I guess I'll find this out at my interview.

cit100 said:
Hi sarrebal,

Did you have any LUDs on your file between FP and hearing that your FBI check at cleared at the infopass interview? I haven't had any LUDs since 7/9 and I'm curious if my FBI check has come through. I guess I'll find this out at my interview.

Absolutely no LUDs since July 3 for I-485 and July 5 for I-130&I-765....

But honestly I think LUDs don't reflect the real processing of the application...

Nothing since 7/7 for me. I read somewhere that USCIS were having issues connecting their database with the database for checking status online (yes, they're not the same), so lack of LUDs is meaningless right now.