A LUD a day......

Has anyone has any LUDs or letters from USCIS in the mail. It is somewhat strange that the wave of applicants right before us has received LUDs pretty much right after the FP appointment and letters a few days later and we still have not heard anything...I guess with things developing so quickly in the first couple of weeks, a weeks without any updates after FP is hard to accept :)...

I know, I know, we are getting spoiled...just wanted to see if anyone heard anything...

I haven't had a LUD since 07/07/06 and my timeline is about the same as yours (give or take a day).

EDIT: He he, I should look up the thread a little more before posting and see I said the same thing above your post. Well, anyway, still the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, since it takes a couple of days for FBI to send back the FP results, I find it strange that I still have no LUDs.

But then workhomes received his interview notice without any LUD and with ND same as FP appt date.

A colleague of mine, same DO (NYC), with ND 6/20 (4 business days before me) received his interview notice last week (interview to be held sometimes in mid-Sep).
So I'm hopeful. I might have to go to Japan with my wife for 4 months in January. I just hope I'll be done by then.

yeah it is pretty odd...well it seems like people still get interview letters in about a week to 10 days after the FP appointment, so hopefully this week is THE week :)...

pvkby said:
yeah it is pretty odd...well it seems like people still get interview letters in about a week to 10 days after the FP appointment, so hopefully this week is THE week :)...

I just want to know when it is.
I have to leave the countries twice (Labour Day and T-Giving) so I kinda want to know if the interview is between those two holidays so I could apply and get my AP just in case they take my I-94 away and don't stamp my passport right away.

As we all have very similar timelines, we should make sure to post here when any of us do get our next LUD/letter/email.

sarrebal said:
I just want to know when it is.
I have to leave the countries twice (Labour Day and T-Giving) so I kinda want to know if the interview is between those two holidays so I could apply and get my AP just in case they take my I-94 away and don't stamp my passport right away.

I hear you...I would love to know myself. I have to travel out of the country in early September and hope my AP comes through by then and the AOS interview is sometime at the end of September. I think our interviews will definately be between Labor day and Thanksgiving...however if I could get an interview at the end of August that would be pretty awesome as well..as long as I can travel

pvkby said:
I hear you...I would love to know myself. I have to travel out of the country in early September and hope my AP comes through by then and the AOS interview is sometime at the end of September. I think our interviews will definately be between Labor day and Thanksgiving...however if I could get an interview at the end of August that would be pretty awesome as well..as long as I can travel

Also, if my interview is on Aug 30, 31, Sep 1 or Nov 27,28 I have to postpone it..... That's it! I jinxed it. Does anyone have a request for interview postponing sample? ;)

Plus, I already opened a 3d...but no answers.
What about if my interview is between those two holidays (most likely it will be). Then I get approved and they take my I-94 away and also void my H1B (I think as soon you AOS is approved then your previous visas are automatically canceled) but my passport doesn't get stamped for any reason?
I guess I wouldn't be able to travel.
Now that I think about it.... they even take away your AP if you have it....

And what about if my namecheck is not completed? I know my AOS remains pending.....but would my visa be still valid? And do they leave you your I-94?

sarrebal said:
Also, if my interview is on Aug 30, 31, Sep 1 or Nov 27,28 I have to postpone it..... That's it! I jinxed it. Does anyone have a request for interview postponing sample? ;)

Yeah, I kind of hope my interview is not for Sep 8 or the follwoing week -- that's the week I need to be gone to be the best man at my friend's wedding in Belarus...I am corssing my fingers, its either before or after that time...and that I have my AP by then of course

pvkby said:
Yeah, I kind of hope my interview is not for Sep 8 or the follwoing week -- that's the week I need to be gone to be the best man at my friend's wedding in Belarus...I am corssing my fingers, its either before or after that time...and that I have my AP by then of course

You'd better wait to postpone it until you have your AP in your hand though...
I didn't know russian weddings had best men and bridesmaids.... maladets!

sarrebal said:
Plus, I already opened a 3d...but no answers.
What about if my interview is between those two holidays (most likely it will be). Then I get approved and they take my I-94 away and also void my H1B (I think as soon you AOS is approved then your previous visas are automatically canceled) but my passport doesn't get stamped for any reason?
I guess I wouldn't be able to travel.
Now that I think about it.... they even take away your AP if you have it....

And what about if my namecheck is not completed? I know my AOS remains pending.....but would my visa be still valid? And do they leave you your I-94?

why are you so stressed out about I-94?? I think they will void your visa as long as you are approved and if you are approved, they WILL stamp your passport (it seems logical, if they do not offer, just explain that you need to travel and ask them to stamp your passport), if your name check is pending, I would recommend to get AP to travel, I would imagine if your interview is completed and all, you can probubly make an infopass and request it at your local DO, or seems like after the interview if you apply through mail (or electronically) it does not take long to get it...

pvkby said:
why are you so stressed out about I-94?? I think they will void your visa as long as you are approved and if you are approved, they WILL stamp your passport (it seems logical, if they do not offer, just explain that you need to travel and ask them to stamp your passport), if your name check is pending, I would recommend to get AP to travel, I would imagine if your interview is completed and all, you can probubly make an infopass and request it at your local DO, or seems like after the interview if you apply through mail (or electronically) it does not take long to get it...

Well, not everybody gets their passport stamped.
Anyways, I will apply for AP just in case after the interview if my AOS is still pending cuz I might change job and lose my H1B privileges.

sarrebal said:
You'd better wait to postpone it until you have your AP in your hand though...
I didn't know russian weddings had best men and bridesmaids.... maladets!

Yeah I wish I could postope the wedding; I am not planning to travel unless I have AP in hand or stamp in my passport (that would be just stupid)...

Yes russian weddings do have the best man (he is called a witness, and he is the only one), same thing with the bride (her friend is called a witness as well, and she can have only one)...so some sort of bridesmainds/groomsmen thingee, just a short version... I think the main "trademark" or "slogan" of any russian wedding is "if the guests, did not get waisted -- the reception was a failure.." and guess what??...weddings DO live up to this expectation :)

pvkby said:
I think the main "trademark" or "slogan" of any russian wedding is "if the guests, did not get waisted -- the reception was a failure.." and guess what??...weddings DO live up to this expectation :)

Ja snayo. Believe me! :D :D
The main concern of my in-laws was where to get 20 (!!) bottles of Grey Goose in Milan for the wedding reception!
Of course we had to go for Absolut and that was a disappointment, even though I found a russian neighborhood in Milan and we could get agurchiki (the pickles). :p

sarrebal said:
Ja snayo. Believe me! :D :D
The main concern of my in-laws was where to get 20 (!!) bottles of Grey Goose in Milan for the wedding reception!
Of course we had to go for Absolut and that was a disappointment, even though I found a russian neighborhood in Milan and we could get agurchiki (the pickles). :p

Is Grey Goose really that good?? I was brought up on authentic russian/belorussian vodka, so somewhat remotely familiar with foreign products... anyways those little russian neighborhoods are always great. those "agurchiki" are great with vodka ;-)

cit100 said:
Still no LUDs, but I got my interview notice this morning. I'm scheduled for September 26.

That's good news.
I think it goes more by your FP appt date than ND (and of course which DO you are..LAX is faster than NYC, I guess).
A colleague of mine had FP on 7/6 in NYC and received his interview notice last week. He had FP appt 19 days before me even though his ND is just 6 days earlier than mine.

But it's good news that you got it without any LUD. I haven't got any LUD on my I-485 since July 3.

Sarr - I might have been told this wrongly, but I was informed the FP date/notice had nothing to do with the processing of the EAD or AOS; that the processing continues regardless of when the Biometrics are done.

I dunno.. I've given up trying to figure it out :eek:

Hmm... all these people getting appointments without LUDs, and having filed just before me. I'm starting to worry not that I'll have to wait a long time, but that it will come too soon. I'm travelling on a work trip for the first 10 days of October. What's the betting I'll get an interview date then?