90 days in USCIS district

Physicist

Registered Users (C)
I am eligible for citizenship on 10/30, and thus can apply soon after 07/30. However, I will be moving to a different state in early August. Do I have to wait 90 days after I move to apply? Or does only the interview/oath need to be after 90 days?

Second question - how do I prove that it has been 90 days? Lease?

Thanks all!

you must have resided in the district for a minimum of 90 days at the time of submitting your application. So, apply 90 days after you have moved to your new district. Also, get a driver's permit in your new state as soon as you arrive, that will be proof of residency as the permit has the issue date on it.

They won't really question your 90 day residency because the addresses you provide will reflect this, and your new state ID/DL will essentially confirm that you are a bonafide resident of the district. To be safe, wait maybe 100 days before applying.

They won't really question your 90 day residency because the addresses you provide will reflect this...

The applicant must still disclose current/past addresses and dates on application so they would question residency if it's evident the applicant hasn't met residency requirement but has a new state ID/DL.

What I meant is this. When the applicant discloses addresses for home and work, they will probably reflect the address change since one lives and works in a certain place, and the dates for that coupled with an ID from the state where the applicant resides will show (if it is disclosed honestly) that the applicant has met the residency requirement. Sometimes one does not or cannot get the new state ID immediately (it took me 3 months as I couldn't find my old DL and it took a while to get my driving record). This does not always pose a problem (as I wasn't questioned about it).

What if CIS request for proof of 90 days residence? I traveled abroad after moving to a new address in different state and did not have the driver license two months after finger printing. I did not have bill or lease for the new address during the 90 days before I submitted N400. What I have is my bank statement to the new address, but the address change was one month delayed after my moving date in the bank system. What could I do now to prove it?

If you were abroad, and if you did not lease anything, and if you did not change your DL, how can you say that you moved? You could have been abroad making up your mind on where to go. Bank records are nothing to go by, you can change them any time. Your lease records, your hotel records (if you stayed somewhere on a temporary basis while house hunting), your travel tickets, your mover's records, your payroll ... all these are items which can prove your intent to move even if there was a gap of a few days or weeks here and there. If you were more or less in the ball park, they may not make an issue.

My question has to do with the 90 day in district, so i decided to continue this Thread. Thank you in advance for your help.

Here is my situation:

-I am a Green Card Holder and at the end of June 2012 I complete the 5 year requirement in order to apply for citizensip.
-I will apply for citizenship at end of March 2012
-I already met the minimum 2.5 years living in the district where I will apply
-I am currently living outside the US and always coming back to my district every 5 months or so
-I have an apartment lease, bank accounts, phone bill active and registered in my district

Question:

Since I will apply in march 2012, does that mean that i need to be physically present in my district since end of December 2011? or... the fact that I lived in my district for more than 3 years in the past counts towards the 90 day requirement?

Thanks.

It is good to open a new thread when you situation is not similar to the original poster. You do not need to be physically present in the district if you are returning to the same house/abode. However, your travel pattern is interesting and you seem to be close to breaking the continuous residence requirements. It depends on how long have you been doing this (5 month trips outside the US), how much break you have between them, and what other proof can you show of residential ties to US (bank accounts are not a conclusive proof). What about your immediate family (spouse, kids)? Where are/were they?

My question has to do with the 90 day in district, so i decided to continue this Thread. Thank you in advance for your help.

Here is my situation:

-I am a Green Card Holder and at the end of June 2012 I complete the 5 year requirement in order to apply for citizensip.
-I will apply for citizenship at end of March 2012
-I already met the minimum 2.5 years living in the district where I will apply
-I am currently living outside the US and always coming back to my district every 5 months or so
-I have an apartment lease, bank accounts, phone bill active and registered in my district

You won't have a problem with the 90 day district requirement, if you return to the same place after your travels. Your problem is with the continous residence and possibly physical presence requirements. Start a new thread and explain your travel pattern (since June 2007) in more detail.