7 mths after filing i 130 and still no word

Shelbean, I've been reading this thread and I truly sorry for the pain you go through. During my AOS We 've had the same same tight frustration and fear that some government authority may break our marriage and lives. Jane is right, don't worry about the rest of the documents right now. Your husband will file them when he comes here. You main point - get him here.
Dont' discourage when not many people can answer you in the forum. You've involved many authorities already, and are not relying on CIS only, so at least 1 will help eventually. I am crossing fingers. I am sure all of us do.
Wish I could help you girl

thank you all for the replies

Wor, jane, and nbc june.......thank you all for the best wishes. Jane and Mike, you have given me alot of replies even when you didnt have answers to my questions. i really do appreciate it.
To answer your question, Mike, my husband was born in London England. His parents immigrated there from Pakistain when they were 13 and 15 years old. He lived in London till he was 18. Then he moved to the Faroe Islands (Denmark), for 10 years where he was a ship mechanic. He moved back to London in 2002.
So I dont need to worry about any other forms but the I 485? Is it too late to file that right now, that my I 130 is already processing?
All of you take care!! I do remember you all in my prayers when it comes to all this. I know Im not the only one who is going through hard times.
Happy Mothers Day.
P.S TODAY IS MY 30th BIRTHDAY!!!!!! :(

Happy Birthday and Happy Mother’s Day, ShelBean! :)

I-485 is not yours to file either :p You only file I-130, he will file I-485 later, when he is here.

Good luck to you and your family! :)

Jane

hi

Really Jane? That makes me so happy!! Its such a relieve. Are you sure I dont have to file that before he comes? So does this mean once the i 130 is approved that he will be able to come right away?
Thanks again, Jane
Shel

Mike,
Thank you. My friends and family have been telling me how horrible they all felt turning 30. You know what?, Its not the actually age thats bothering me. I feel as healthy as i did ten years ago. Its just that my life is in such a mess right now. And ten years ago I never wouldve thought this is where Id be at 30. But in the end I know its all worth it. As I know all of you feel. We do what we do to be happy and to keep a happy family. One day when were finally settled here in America, I know ill think to myself all this was worth it.
Take care,
Shel

shelbean said:
Really Jane? That makes me so happy!! Its such a relieve. Are you sure I dont have to file that before he comes? So does this mean once the i 130 is approved that he will be able to come right away?
Thanks again, Jane
Shel

ShelBean, the I-485 is the actual Green Card application.
you can’t apply for somebody else’s GC, even if that other person is your husband.
when your I-130 gets approved, you and your husband should be notified and he will have to go to the U.S. consulate for the interview and his visa. Then he comes here and applies for the GC and the rest of things.

here are some good links for your information: http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/Appproc.htm#What
http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/residency/family.htm

Here is something else you can do to have him here faster.

Can My Spouse Come to the U.S. to Live While the Visa Petition Is Pending?If you are a U.S. Citizen, once you file Form I-130, your spouse is eligible to apply for a nonimmigrant K-3 Visa. This will entitle him or her to come to the U.S. to live and work while the visa petition is pending. The Form to file for this benefit is Form I-129F. It is not necessary for your spouse to obtain a K-3 visa in order to come to the U.S. to live and work. Your spouse may wait abroad for immigrant visa processing. However, seeking a K-3 visa can be a method for him or her to come to the U.S. more quickly.​
here is a link for the K-Nonimmigrant information and filing procedures:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/hdiknonimm.htm

your I-130 has been pending for awhile, maybe it will get approved soon? Bit what if is not? If you are willing to file another form and paid another fee then maybe you’ll like to look at this other option.

Good luck!
Jane

Jane,
Thanks for responding.
I have filed for a k 3 visa. I filed that just as soon as i got my notice of action for the i 130. It is being processed in missouri. I know that that is supposed to mean that he can live here while our alien relitive case is pending, but that service center is more backlogged than the california one. They arent working on cases very near to my recieved date on the k 3 visa. Seems strange that that case is moving slower than the i 130 doesnt it? It makes me feel that filing for the k 3 visa was a waste of money.
Im glad that you are always willing to give advice.
I hope i can help others once i get the hang of all this.
So he gets a pack of papers and an interview date. Do you know if the date for the interview will be soon from the time he recieved the approval? Could the interview be months away? And if at the interview do they tell you then and there if you can go to america? Like right away?
Thanks so much Jane.
Take care
Shel

shelbean said:
Jane,
So he gets a pack of papers and an interview date. Do you know if the date for the interview will be soon from the time he recieved the approval? Could the interview be months away? And if at the interview do they tell you then and there if you can go to america? Like right away?
Shel

I don’t have any experience with K-visa, Shelbean, but there are many people on this board who does and maybe they will share theirs stories here.

just to update

Hi everyone
Id like to know if anyone has had experience in this area. Our daughter is being admitted into the childrens hospital in Detroit for some tests for problems shes been having since March. Shes already been though a couple tests at our local hospital. It was very hard going through all this without my husband. Her peditrician, knowing the whole situation about waiting for i 130 approval, has suggested my husband going to american embassy in london, with a letter of invation from me, and a note from him stating that shell be admitted to hosptial, and applying for a visitors visa.
My husband and i think hed be able to get about three weeks off of work to come. If things go ok at hosptial, hell go back home. But what if we get some bad news? Can he apply to stay longer as long as its under the three months? Im going to call USCIS on monday. But i just wanted to know if anyone had any advice about this.
I know everyone on here has went through bad times like these. Im glad people on here understand how horrible and heartbreaking it is to be seperated from your family during times like this.
Its very hard to keep myself together for the sake of our other children. Thank you to all who answer.

interview got canceled and has to be reschedule

does anyone have their I485 interview canceled by INS and the case status said they will inform you if your interview is reschedule? Please share your experience.

Thanks for Tons!!

hi,
im wondering if anyone else was ever told this by a sentor that they had making inquiries for them.
One of them told me that it wasnt a good idea to have more than one senator working on thier behalf. She said that more than one can actually slow up the process. I was very surprised to hear this. Im debating weather or not to cancel my request for the other senator to make inquiries. Because to me, thats like telling someone who said they would help you, nevermind i dont need the help.
I want as many people helping me as i can. It would be very hard for me to ask someone to stop making inquiries for me. Does anyone on here have any opinions on this? Thanks to all who reply.

things you can do to help

Shelbean, you can do the following things that may help:

1. Call the 800 # and talk to a live person, they are not helpful but ask them to send an inquiry to the district office that handles your case.

2. If that does not yield anything, do a congressional inquiry with the house representative in your district, they are pretty good at put some pressure on immigration, and speed things up a little.

3. if it drag over the time period, you need to get an attorney and file a law suit against immigration. My buddy's case was pending for 4 years and took three law suits to get immigration to move.

Anyway, wish you luck.

shelbean said:
im sorry i asked the same question over and over again. I thought the more i posted, the more people would have the chance to see it. I thought thats they way it worked on here. Ive never been to forums before. Im sorry again. I have emailed Rajiv S Khanna and Im waiting for thier response. Thank you for the link also.

I don't think a British citizen needs a visa to visit.

shelbean said:
Hi everyone
Id like to know if anyone has had experience in this area. Our daughter is being admitted into the childrens hospital in Detroit for some tests for problems shes been having since March. Shes already been though a couple tests at our local hospital. It was very hard going through all this without my husband. Her peditrician, knowing the whole situation about waiting for i 130 approval, has suggested my husband going to american embassy in london, with a letter of invation from me, and a note from him stating that shell be admitted to hosptial, and applying for a visitors visa.
My husband and i think hed be able to get about three weeks off of work to come. If things go ok at hosptial, hell go back home. But what if we get some bad news? Can he apply to stay longer as long as its under the three months? Im going to call USCIS on monday. But i just wanted to know if anyone had any advice about this.
I know everyone on here has went through bad times like these. Im glad people on here understand how horrible and heartbreaking it is to be seperated from your family during times like this.
Its very hard to keep myself together for the sake of our other children. Thank you to all who answer.

Similar Situation

My husband is the immigrant in our situation. We file our whole AOS packet on July 17, 2002. The I-130 interview was in May of 2003. The petition was approved on April 28, 2005.

We ahd some problems with AP and my husband was out of the country from April 2003 to April 2004. I attended the I-130 interview alone.

I filed the I-129f in May of 2003 and the K-3 Visa was issued in April of 2004.

Our I-130 was approved only after we spent 4 hours at our local office trying to get some answers about our case. It was approved that same day.

We have our US Senator doing inquiries for us. They definately can help.

If you are near the Detroit area, you may want to contact the International Institute of Toledo, at Toledo University, for help. They have helped us out quite alot.

intheshed

Thank you for replying. The 800 number youre talking about, do you mean the uscis number?
My husband has to apply for a visa to come because 3 years ago, when we were dating he was denied entry cause he told him he was coming into the country to visit his girlfriend and upon searching him they found an engagment ring for me.
I called uscis and told them the situation about our daughter. They said to send my husband a letter from her doctor and copies of her medical records. And when he recieves them, he can call US Embassy for an appot for a visitors visa. So thats what were wating on right now. I sent the package out to him twice. Hes in England and theres a postal strike, so everything is backed up. Even though i sent it out global priority.
Ill keep you all posted.

intheshed

hi
I forgot to say, I have a senator making inquires for me. They are wating to hear back from uscis. I also have my congress woman making inquiries. I havnt heard from her yet.
Shel

Approved

I got approval notice from uscis today for my husbands i 130. I would say that having your senator and congress reps working for you really makes a difference. They were wonderful with me. It may also have to do with the fact that our youngest daughter is ill as well, i dont know.
Any ideas on how long it will be before my husband, in london, receives whatever he needs now to proceed. I dont even know what the next step is. Could it still be many more months before he will actually be on a plane over here to stay?
July 14 he has an interview at the embassy in london, to apply for a vistors visa on account of our daughters illness. He has with him to take to interview her medical records and a letter from her doctor. I wonder if it will make a difference on them letting him come visit because the i 130 is now approved.
Thank you to everyone who replies with answers or advice. All are welcome.
Shel

Have been following your case on the forum and just wanted to say "congratulations" at last you have got something done. Sorry I do not have any answers to your questions.
Good luck to you and your family