7 mths after filing i 130 and still no word

definitly agree with doing more than calling 800 number

hi all, i have been writing uscis just about every week. Dont know what difference this makes, but an immagration officer called me and said that my case was being processed. I know thats what they say when i call them, but they have never called me before? has this happened to anyone else? i wonder if its a good sign.
I also have written to michigan senator, but its only been a couple days since i sent it out. Can anyone tell me, if theyve written to a sentator before, how long it took before they got a response? Good luck to all of you, and thanks for all being here, for all the advice, and just for being here to share.

maybe a good sign...

Shelbean,
Honestly I never heard that the USCIS called anyone before. Maybe that’s a good sign all best to you. :) I will have to do something about my case too , but in the same time it seems kind of ‘risky’ going to that office. I am overstayed for couple of months.

business

hi, thanks for the good luck........you say youve overstayed....why would it be risky if you go into the office, once you filed arent you allowed to stay here during processing? or am i mistaken?

Hi Shelbean,
Writing your senator is good but also try writing your Congressman. Few months ago (Oct. 2004), my EAD expired and my job let me go. Well, I told them that my EAD was begin process but they would not let me go back to work until I got the EAD. I called one of our congressmen office and they said they were going to help. They contacted USCIS and told them that I needed to have my EAD asap. Well, to my suprise less then a month later(it was about three weeks) I got my EAD and went back to work. I'm contacting that same office again for my I-130.

-Wor

yup,

You're right, you can stay as long as you are in AOS, I got my EAD, and everything is ok. However you can't really trust those people :rolleyes: I will defenetely schedule an infopass, see where that goes... Shelbean , keep us updated on your case...

I Wrote To George W Bush

hi all
last night I emailed two senators, my districts reps, my governer, and the rep who holds the chair in the homeland security and affairs commitee. And even our president. Figured it couldnt hurt, telling him my story too. Ill post who and when comes back with a responses. best wishs to all.

hi

hi everyone. this past week i received two response letters from two of the senators i wrote. Ive already sent back the release of privacy. Any ideas on how long it will take for them to make thier inquiries and get back with me? And from anyone who has got replies from thier sentors, can you please let me know what they have told you? thank you very much.

Hi Shelbean,
I wrote my Congress man few months ago about my EAD. It took them about three weeks to get back to me. One thing that made it quicker for me was that I kept on calling and calling.....reminding them about my case. They got in touch with USCIS for me and my EAD was approve and issue two weeks later. Good Luck your case. Keep us posted

-Mike

hey

thanks for the message, Wor. Ill give it a few days for them to receive my privacy release letter, then ill start calling them.
I got lucky today. I was reading my local newspaper with breakfast, (it was a couple days old) and i saw that our state rep was going to be at a local restuarant available to speak to the public. He was only there for a couple hours longer and figured there'd be a line, so i rushed up there. I had to bring my 18 month old with me. I waited for about a half hour for my turn and told him my whole story. Although he told me when i first sat with him that he really had no say in immigration matters, he seemed genuienly interested and listened intently, taking a whole page worth of notes and asking quite alot of questions. He told me that he would most definiatly get this information to the senator who could help me. He also told me that if her office didnt contact me withen a week, to give him a call. When I stood up to leave, shaking my hand, he said that in his posistion he does have the ability to expidite a case to this senator. Does anyone think i made some headway today, or is this just politician talk?

to Wor

Wor,
You said that your congressman took three weeks to get back to you.
Was that the privacy release paper or his results from his inquires that you got in three weeks? If was the latter, what did he find out for you?
thanks,
Shel

Hi Shelbean,
Talking to someone and anyone right now will not hurt at all. I called USCIS few days ago asking them questions about my case. I got transfer to an immigration officer who told me that I-130 and I-485 will get approve at the same time. She also told me that I-130 and I-485 are handel at CIS local office. Is this true? I think she was telling me the wrong information.........we all know they give wrong info.

wor

Wor

Hi, did she ask you for your reciept number when she told you that your case was being handled at your CIS local office? the first three letters of that number should tell you where its being processed.
On my k-3 visa notice of action, the first three letters are msc...the missouiri office. Yet on the bottom of the reciept there is a Chicago address to write to if you have any questions. I asked a uscis customer rep. about this one time. She told me that i could send letters to either address and that whoever was handling my case would for sure recieve my letters. I laughed out loud. That seemed very hard to believe. In the end i decided to copy my letters and send them to both addresses.
Now my i 130 case on the other hand. has WAC (california center) as first three letters and a california address to send your letters to.
Best wishs, Wor.
Shel

to Wor

Wor,
You said that your congressman took three weeks to get back to you.
Was that the privacy release paper or his results from his inquires that you got in three weeks? If was the latter, what did he find out for you?
thanks,
Shel

Hi Shelbean,
I give her my reciept number "MSC" but she still told me that both application (I-485, I-130) process teh same time. The whole USCIS process is confussing. I think all we need to do is to wait.
After they got my privacy release paper, it took them three weeks for them to get back to me. I got a letter from them telling me that my EAD was begin process. I received my EAD the next week. :) I don't know what they said or did but I got my EAD in less then two months

to wor

hello
hope you are well.
Can you tell me what EAD is? Is that what im waiting for? I think Ive also realilized something. Could I have filed the i 130 and the I485 at the same time? Im learning all this as i go along. But i would think one of the times i called uscis asking about what forms i need to file to bring my husband here that they would have told me if i could have filed the i 485 at the same time. And when i did file the i103 i wasnt giving much thought to anything else i had to file after that because i thought he would be here quickly on the k3 visa. Boy have i learned alot since then.
take care,
shel

Hi Shelbean,
You should have file all your form (I-485, I765(EAD), I-130, and I-131) at the sametime. I file most of mine together...expect the I-131(AP). I thought my case was going to be approve by now but now I have to file it because I'm traveling overseas in July. The EAD I got was for one year. That is the sameone you will get Shel.

-Mike

wor

Do i really still have all that more to file and wait for untill my husband can come over here? Can you tell me what EAD stands for? thanks Mike.
Shel

Shel,
EAD stand for Employment Authorization Document. I-131 is the AP(Advance Parole), use to travel while your GC is been process. It is better to file all your applications together. Where is your huband coming from? No word from my application.

-Mike

shelbean said:
Do i really still have all that more to file and wait for untill my husband can come over here? Can you tell me what EAD stands for? thanks Mike.
Shel

Hi, ShelBean!
You are in a differed situation then Wor (Mike).
You don’t have to worry about those extra forms, they are not yours to file.
Your husband will file I- 765(for an employment authorization), if he wants to work in USA and I-131 (advance parole), if he wants to travel while waiting for his GC together with his I-485 (application for the Green Card) and approved I-130.
Your husband has to be here, in US, to file all those forms, you cannot file them for him.
Hope this makes sense.
Good luck!
Jane

Last edited by a moderator:
Jane is right Shelbean. You don't have all the other forms. The main forms you need are the I-130 and I-485. All other forms are optional.

-Mike