5 Months on-hold for adminstrative processing, and still!

mmh771

Registered Users (C)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a Jordanian citizen, I've applied for an F1 Visa to the states on 18/Dec/2006 and i am still on-hold, now its 21/May/2007.

I've been trying to contact the embassy, or the counselor department, but the only thing i get from them is "Your application is going under administrative processing in Washington DC, please contact us after 30 days if you didn't hear from us"!....

I've been to the States on the summer of 2004, on a J1 Visa, and it took me only 2 months to get my J1 Visa, but now i don't know for how long should i wait!

I really don't know what to do... is there ANYTHING or ANYONE i can call or send email to! .. please guys ... any help will be highly appreciated!

I've come across situations like this, and all i can tell you is, just exercise your patience. Things work very slow out there.

mukesh
rahasiam.com

Everyone is telling me just to wait, and wait and wait .. even the embassy itself tells me to wait .. every time i write them .. they reply with the same automated reply system "Your application is being processed in Washington DC not in the embassy, once your application is being approved, we will contact you for visa issuance, if you didn't hear back from us within 30 days, write to us again"! ...

I've got the very same message like 8 times! .. the last time they sent me was ... "Don't contact us for 30 days"!

I feel i wanna write to someone, call someone, do something .. anything!

But after all ... the only thing i can do .. is "just wait"!

I hope i see the light at the end of the tunnel soon .. because I've been waiting for a long time

I truly understand your frustration. I once waited for 20 months to get an Indian visit visa. That really tested my patience but in the end I prevailed. Bottom line is, you are seeking a "benefit", not demanding a "right". You have no choice but to wait it out. I wish your case a speedy and favourable resolution.

Triple Citizen, you are right ...

thanks for the nice words .. and i hope things will go ok at the end ..