485 transfer to Phoenix local district

And into the next endless wait...

Just got notice of my I-485 transfer to Phoenix. Don't understand why, employment based case. Are the waits as bad as it sounds?

Anyone know if this implies that my I-140 is being approved?

----------------
WAC-03-212-5xxxx
LC 11/2001
LC intent to deny 03/31/2003
LC Approved 5/27/2003
I-140/485 concurrent
RD 07/14/2003
ND 07/15/2003
FP1 4//2004
EAD1 10/14/2003
EAD2 10/14/2004
I-140 RFE 8/12/2004
I-485 RFEs 8/12/2004
RFEs response received 9/17/2004
I-485 Transferrd to Phoenix, AZ 10/06/2004
I-485 Interview Date ????
I-140 approved ????

feel_so_low,
did you get married not long before submitting your I-485 application?

my case got transfer too recently. I am just trying to guess the reason for transfer.

wantgreencard said:
feel_so_low,
did you get married not long before submitting your I-485 application?
No, I am about to celebrate my 15th wedding anniversary. No convictions or anything in my past. Continuous employment with the same company since entering the USA - I am at a loss to understand why they are doing this.

Thanks feel_so_low,
I remember someone mentioned that if one is from special registration country, then chances to get case transferred is higher, is it the case for you maybe?

Myself, wife and kids are all UK citizens (& born there).

So much for UK/USA having a 'special relationship'!

a friend recently got this from his lawyer that for concurrent cases, INS will not approve I140 before I485 is adjusticated. not sure how true it is, but perhaps for your case also, they will approve your I140 and I485 at the same time.

Got my I-140 approval!

------------------
WAC-03-212-5xxxx
LC 11/2001
LC intent to deny 03/31/2003
LC Approved 5/27/2003
I-140/485 concurrent
RD 07/14/2003
ND 07/15/2003
FP1 4//2004
EAD1 10/14/2003
EAD2 10/14/2004
I-140 RFE 8/12/2004, AD 10/12/2004
I-485 RFEs 8/12/2004
Transferred to Phoenix, AZ 10/06/2004
Interview Date ????

Updates???

Any updates from anyone on their interview progress?

I just got notice that our cases were transferred to Phx. Our RD is in October 2003. I haven't got any approval notice for the 140. Anyone else have this happen to them?
I also have no idea why they would want to transfer our case other than for perceived backlog reduction or just basic torture.

I got my 140 approval Dec. 28th. I just went in today to get my iEAD and the person said there that the transfers from CSC are prioritized by RD of the 485, EB or family. From the other people's experience in this thread, it would seem that's the case.
Anyone have any good news?

Interview date

Just got my interview date! (see below)
----------------
WAC-03-212-5xxxx
LC: 11/2001, intent to deny 03/31/2003, Approved 5/27/2003
I-140/485 concurrent, RD 07/14/2003, ND 07/15/2003
FP1 4//2004
EAD1 10/14/2003, EAD2 10/14/2004
I-140 RFE 8/12/2004, AD 10/12/2004
I-485 RFEs 8/12/2004
Transferred to Phoenix, AZ 10/06/2004
Interview Date 3/10/2005

Good news for you!
Did you send any inquiry to push for interview?
Can you share info on what doc they ask you to bring in for interview?

Thanks!

wantgreencard

I didn't make any inquiry about the interview. I noticed that the processing dates had been moving forward faster but it then came a little sooner than I expected.

The requirements letter appears to be a 'standard' one that I suspect gets sent to everybody regardless of their particular case. It says to bring the following:
- photo id
- medical form I-693 completed by INS surgeon (although the letter here seems to confirm that the original medical forms that they should already have are sufficient
- for FAMILY based petition: I-864, W2s, bank statements etc.
- passports
- 3 recent INS-compliant photos (new full-frontal style)
- for MARRIAGE based petition: evidence such as children's birth certificates, joint financing agreements/insurance/bank statements/etc.
- arrest records, court dispositions, police reports

My application is employment-based but I think I will take the other stuff too - I would rather have too MUCH information.

feel_so_low said:
I didn't make any inquiry about the interview. I noticed that the processing dates had been moving forward faster but it then came a little sooner than I expected.

The requirements letter appears to be a 'standard' one that I suspect gets sent to everybody regardless of their particular case. It says to bring the following:
- photo id
- medical form I-693 completed by INS surgeon (although the letter here seems to confirm that the original medical forms that they should already have are sufficient
- for FAMILY based petition: I-864, W2s, bank statements etc.
- passports
- 3 recent INS-compliant photos (new full-frontal style)
- for MARRIAGE based petition: evidence such as children's birth certificates, joint financing agreements/insurance/bank statements/etc.
- arrest records, court dispositions, police reports

My application is employment-based but I think I will take the other stuff too - I would rather have too MUCH information.

So they didn't even ask for an employment verification letter? How strange.

feel_so_low,

Thanks a lot for the details.
Surprised me that they don't ask for employment letter or paystubs stuff
I agree you'd better bring everything.

Wish you best luck for the interview!

wantgreencard

Interview notice received.

Received an interview date from Phoenix local office on March 4th, 2005. This is an employment based case that was transferred from CSC to phoneix.

Myself and my wife are both asked to appear for the interview. I am the primary with the employment base case, my wife is the secondary on my application.

We got the standard package that feel_so_low described. The package asks for the exact same documents.

I am wondering do I need to fill out form i-864 for my wife?

Other than that there is not much documentation that they have asked for. I am still wondering about doing another medical..... It is a waist of another $400 (for both myself and my wife together).

I have an phone appointment with my lawyer on the 17th, I will just do what ever he suggests. I will post on this forum if my lawyer tells me some thing worth while.

Any interview tips or comments, please post on this thread.

osm

wac-02-214 ND 06/2002

osm/feel_so_low,

Could either of you share you lawyer's info to me? I'm looking for a local attorney to represent for my interview. You can PM if you prefer.
thanks.

Got feeback from my lawyer now.

Regarding the medicals they say that as long as our medicals were complete at the time if filing our adjustments, we will not be required to submit a new medical. They also enclosed a copy of the USCIS memo I referred to earlier.

Things they recommend I take are:
- Marriage/birth certificates (orginals and copies)
- passports (including expired ones)
- All EAD cards/advance parole documents
- Visa approvals (originals and copies)
- Recent pay stubs (originals and copies)
- Original I485 receipt notices
- I-94 cards (originals and copies)
- I-140 approval notice (original and copy)
- Employment confirmation letter from my employer (+ a copy)
- Copy of RFE responses
- Tax returns
- W-2 (original and copy)

I am asking them for confirmation that the I-864 affidavits are not necessary for employment-based petitions.

Hope this helps!

My lawyer has confirmed that the I-864 affidavit is for family-based petitions. They say the I-134 affidavit is for employment-based & this was filed at an earlier stage.

This means that all of the forms the district office sent with my letter were totally inappropriate for my case, further confirmation that it is just a standard pack that everybody gets.

Last edited by a moderator:
osm/feel_so_low,
Did the interview letter list the officer name/number/letter? It would be interesting to link who got what officer with their interview experience.
Thanks.

Lawyers feedback

FYI,

I finally had a phone meeting with my lawyer. Here is what he told me about the interview.

This is a documents based interview. They will ask me for the documents and i will have to provide those documents and answer questions about those documents. He told me that the reason i got called for an interview is that I have been in the US for a long time. They want to see what have i been doing.

Interview should take about 20 minutes.

Hope this lists help any body who is preparing for an interview.

1) We don't have to do another medical exam. The one we did originally is valid.

General tips he gave me. Pretty common sense stuff

General tips:

i) Be on time
ii) Be organized
iii) Don’t raise any questions
iv) Answer to what the question is.
v) Stay with the job description
vi) Make copies of W2, tax returns, etc
vii) Fraud is a permanant bar (FYI)
viii) If you ever declared your self a citizen that is an automatic
no to the green card application. (just FYI)

Here is a list of documents we need to bring. The lawyer broke the documents down in three categories.

1) Immigration Documents:

i) Appointment notice
ii) Valid passport
iii) Old passports
iv) Visa Documents: H1, H4, i-20, Approval Notices
v) EADs
vi) Advance Paroles

2) Original Documents:

i) Original Birth Certificate
ii) Original Marriage Certificate
iii) Primay Only (myself)- Education Certificate
iv) Letters of Experience (if any)
v) old employer (Training Certificates if any)
vi) Degree and transcripts
vii) Wife with ID

3) Proof of Employment

i) Letter from current employer
ii) 3 years of federal tax returns
iii) W2 from 2001 to 2003
iv) W2 2004
v) 3 current pay stubs
vi) Last three years of federal tax returns by the employer. My
employer is a private held company. (Lawyer said this is important)
vii) Company marketing materials and brochures
viii) Affidavit of support for wife. Should be notarized

osm