485 transfer to Phoenix local district

Third FP is a good sign. Your interview is around the corner.

I did go for the interview without an attorney. Nothing much was asked. Asked name, address and if I work for the same employer. Gave the EVL and the medical forms. Was asked to prove that my spouse and I were still married and living togther. Gave copies of rental agreement, bank accounts , credit cards etc. Offered to show photos from our vacations but was told that it was not required.

Was told that everything looks good but name check was pending from FBI and it will take about 60-120 days. So I am still waiting. Interview took less than 10 minutes.

Looks like you are all set. Congratulations. Thanks for posting the details.
It seems like the interview should not be much of a problem.

Third FP is a good sign, I guess. But if they are considering transfer dates
as my proirity date, I still have few months wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
wait after interview ?

Is this a common thing to wait after interview? I thought they would do all checks beforehand when they call you for interview.

I have heard that if your last finger print is more than 6 months old, sometimes they make you wait till another FBI clearance is done.

Last edited by a moderator:
My last finger print was not more than 6 months old. If you guys find any other case where the person was told to wait after interview, can you please post the link to that thread here?

Thanks

Pappu Pager,

When did you last do your finger printing. I found several cases where officer said that they are waiting for name clearance.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=110955

Although, Phoenix INS is showing May 5,2002 as current processing date they are actually processing cases sometime in Oct. We should be receiving a letter in next 3/4 weeks.

I did pull out the file to verify the exact date of last FP. You are correct. It has been more than 6 months since my last FP. So maybe it is a rule to do a check again if its been more than 6 months. Anyway, I don't think I can do anything about this now. All I can do is wait.

I did call FBI and left message enquiring about my check. Haven't heard from them yet. I was reading this other thread and a few others haven't heard back from FBI. Not sure what's going on.

Any news on your interview date? I saw a few cases where local office sent approval without an interview. Maybe you guys will get lucky :D .

received interview letter

I returned from a vacation couple of days ago and found my interview letter in the email.

I have couple of questions for Pappu_pager:
1) Did you have to take the affidivit of support (I-864) for your wife.
2) Did they take finger prints when you went for the interview. If yes, how long does it takes for FBI to send the results.

document prepared

Here is the list of documents that I have prepared. If someone needs it I can mail the excel sheet. Let me know if you think something is missing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
A-1 Interview Letter

B-1 Passport / I-94
B-2 SSN

C-1 I-485 Receipt notice / Transfer notice
C-2 I-129 - H1 approval notice
C-3 Alien employment application
C-4 I-140 - Approval
C-5 LCA
C-6 RFE
C-7 EAD

D-1 Medical

E-1 Birth certificate /Affidivits

F-1 Letter from Employer / Offer letter
F-2 My Pay Stubs - current employer)
F-3 Payroll - previous employer

G-1 Photos - Immigration

H-1 Marriage Certificate
H-2 Letter from Bank / Bank Account Statement
H-3 Insurance / Benefits
H-4 Credit card bills
H-5 Utility bills
H-6 Car papers (insurance and title)
H-7 Mortage / Apartment Lease Document
H-8 W-2 and tax forms for 2001
H-9 W-2 and tax forms for 2002
H-10 W-2 and tax return for year 2003
H-11 W-2 and tax return for previous yrs

I-1 Offer/Exp letters from previous employers, clients / 401k
I-2 Finger print / Advance parole / Receipt notice

J-1 Degree/ Transcripts

K-1 Marriage photo album

L-1 I-864 Affidivit of Support

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a good news. Specially when they have recent FPs they might have all things in place to approve you on the spot.

Answers to your questions :
1) Did you have to take the affidivit of support (I-864) for your wife.

No. I think that's only for family based cases.

2) Did they take finger prints when you went for the interview. If yes, how long does it takes for FBI to send the results.

No. We were told that name check is pending and we will have to wait.

A suggestion about the Income tax returns. Get the summary sheets from IRS. You can order them over the phone and they are free. You get them in 10 days or so.

Good luck and keep us posted.

good news..

Our 485 case got approved. Interview was for about 30 mins.
questions/papers asked:

lot of documents for proof of marriage - credit cards/ insurance/
mortage/ rental

w-2s for 3 yrs
tax papers for 3 yrs.

pay stubs - random pay stubs from last 6 months

recent employment letter.

In my case I left my sponsor before 485 was filed with the intent of future employment. Worked for them for 8 months last year and left them. I did
send AC21 letter from my new employer after that. Officer did not have
any problem with that.

She said that our case was transferred since we were newly married when 485 was filed.

After that she asked usual questions from the 485 papers and stamped the passport.

Thank god it is all over.

Thanks everyone for sharing the information on this forum.

Phoenix_US : Did you get your letter yet ??

I am travelling for work next 2 weeks but I will be checking my emails frequently.

Pears,

Congrats :)

I've got my interview letter as well and I am all set for it. Will let you know the outcome in 2 weeks.

PP, what's new on your case?

case tranfered to phoenix. Need help

Hi Guys – Phoenix_US, Pappu page, Pears

I got an email today (10/4/2004) from BCIS that my case has been transferred to Phoenix office. This is very disappointing; my Notice date is June 2002.

1) What is your estimate of how long it will take to get an interview data?
2) Are you guys taking a lawyer with you to the interview?

Case detail:
Filed for I-485 as single in June 2002. Got married after I filed the I-485 for myself. Filed for wife’s I-485 in September 2002. Wife got the second finger print notice in august 2004. I have not received a second finger print notice for myself yet.

My lawyer received a call from BCIS a couple of weeks ago as a response to an inquiry. The BCIS representative told him that they mistakenly sent my file to the archives in Missouri. They have requested the file back from the archive, once they get it back, they will work on it.

I will appreciate some feed back.

OSM
WAC-02-214 (self)
WAC-03-003 (wife)

They are processing June 2002 at this time. You should get your interview letter within 3 months. But this is just my guess.

I would suggest that you start preparing for docs and stuff.

Thanks for the info Phoenix_us

Have you had your interview yet. Would you share some details about the kind of questions they are asking.

Also, I saw some list of documents that I should be taking with me. It is a long list. Can you share what documents they asked you to show. Specially did they ask for a latest medical exam.

Thanks,

osm

Pappu Pager and pears have had their interviews. They can tell more about what was asked. I have got a new medical done and I am ready for interview.

I would recommend getting a new medical exam done. Even if they don't ask for it specifically, they do expect you to have a new medical done.

Though there was a link somewhere which has a INS doc which says clearly that old medicals will be valid till AOS is complete. But do you want to mess with the officer and tell them rules at time of your interview? I don't !! I would pay the extra $ and buy peace of mind.

Other questions are usually very simple. Read previous posts in this thread and you will get a good idea.

Thanks Guys, It is a releif that Phoenix office will consider the original return date. I will keep you posted in this thread.

osm