485 transfer to New York city (Interview), Post details

Re: Need a New York Attorney

Originally posted by waiting_f_godot
Hello,

My I-485 was transferred to the New York office in May 2003.

I suppose that all forms of torture--including the 485 crap--must end sooner or later, and so at some point they will actually schedule my interview.

My current attorney is Sheela Murthy. I retained her when I used AC-21 to switch employers and moved from Boston to New York.

But now, Ms. Murthy said I'll be needing a local attorney who can accompany me to the interview. She suggested that I try:

- Stanley Mailman
- Cyrus Mehta or
- David Grunblatt

Has anyone else had any experience with the above-mentioned attorneys? Or is there another good attorney that someone can recommend?

As always, information appreciated.

Thanks.
My case is similar to yours.I am still waiting to be scheduled for a interview at New York local office (26 Federal Plaza) My lawyer is Conrad Pollack and his office is at 225 Broadway 3rd floor.He looks to be a nice lawyer and he has a very good references too.Maybe you can try him,I have many friends who used him and his employees for the interview appointment and they had no problems...SEE YOU THERE!!!...

Re: EAD Renewal: NY office or VSC?

Hello,

My I-485 has been transferred to New York. And now I have to apply for an EAD for the third time.

Attorney's office(this is my own and not a company attorney) said I should've applied 6 months in advance and then they would've done it for me. But now that I'm short of time(got 100 days left to go on current EAD) I better do it on my own. (are they learning to be as beauracratic as BCIS or what!)

Anyway, so I'm relying on this board for help.

Should I apply to VSC or to New York office? Since my application has been transferred to Federal Plaza am I still allowed to apply for EAD renewal to Vermont Service Center?

Btw, I'm assuming they do not issue same-day EAD renewals at New York. Is that right?

Please advise.

Thanks.
By the way,did you receive your 3rd EAD yet?I applied for mine 12/02/03, RD is 12/10/03 and ND is 12/29/03 and I receive mail (without the EAD card) asking me to call them to set up an appointment for digital photo,fingerprints and signature.They schedule me for 1/16/04.Will see....

3rd EAD received

Hello Tata2003,

I had also received a letter asking me to call and make Biometrics appointment--for photo and fingerprint.

And within 2 weeks after that appoitment I received 3rd EAD in the mail.

Re: 3rd EAD received

Hello Tata2003,

I had also received a letter asking me to call and make Biometrics appointment--for photo and fingerprint.

And within 2 weeks after that appoitment I received 3rd EAD in the mail.
What about interview appointment notice?Nothing yet?...My lawyer said it takes 3 years since application...Its going to be 3 years in february...2004.

immigration

I was charge mischievous conduct and a fine, plus 1 yr probation b4 filing i485, I file i485 2006 had biometrics done november 2006 and interview january 2007. probation completed july 2007. got arrested in florida 2008 july for misuse of id, adjudicator with held + 4 yrs probation and restitution. can my i485 be denied (I originally filed in garden city ny), now I'm in brooklyn and file has been transferred december 2008 to NYC.

Last edited by a moderator: