485 transfer to New York city (Interview), Post details

acp55

Can you please give all your case details. Like Receipt date (RD), Transfer Date (TD), Interview date (ID). From your message it seems you have completed the interview. Give details about interview and if you got stamped.

485 Pending + Business

Hi All,

What I need to know is what happens if you have a small scale business (Sched 'C' like you do part time help to some one and make small money and your 485 is pending will that hurt in anyway...Because I think you cannot have a business while ur on H1/485 pending...

PLS Advice.

ACP555

Anyone has gotten interview call or any further update

Has anyone gotten interview call or any further information from NYC BCIS?

I think we are in black hole.

Interview

Hi All,

We received Interview call letter from NY BCIS.
The interview was scheduled for 11/10/03 in NYC.
I live in Long Island.

My details

RD 08/01
TD 06/02

I have re-done my FP today.
My wife yet to receive her FP notice.

I guess BCIS started scheduleing Interviews.
I heard about one more case, got his Interview scheduled for July.
His RD 05/01.

Good luck to all.

Madhu Jannu

hi

Do you know what u got the interview is it because ur FP expired or they also asked for some more doc.
And about ur wife she will have to go through her interview seprate....
Anyone over there who have recently attended interview pls share ...

Regards
ACP

hi all
Igot an interview letter for ead .It will be on august though.My ead expired on May 15th.JUNE 4TH was 90 days for my6 application.They dated June 6th on the interview letter.Is this a problem?.Anybody knows?.

When was your case transfered to NYC

Hi krishnavaran

When was your case transfered to NYC? Could you please post details. My EAD still pending at NYC. Case transfered on 1st week of April 2003.

Thanks

Alien00
My EAD was received by VSC on March 3rd.They transferred to NY office on April 10th.Interview letter received on June 11th.Interview will be in August in NY.Still waiting for 485 interview letter.

I received interview letter yesterday

I received inverview letter yesterday. It is scheduled on 01/05/2004 in NYC. However, we did not receive interview letter for my wife. Hope we will receive it soon.
My detail:
RD 11/08/2001
ND 12/05/2001
FP 01/11/2002
TD 03/03/2003 to NYC.
Interview scheduled on 01/05/2004.

Clear case. No job change. Working for the same sponsoring company for 3 years.

I received following thing in my interview letter package:

1. Interview appointment letter.
2. Appointment for fingerprint scheduled on 10/21/2003.
3. Medical forms.
4. Affidavit of support.

No instruction for what to bring in.

KAMAL MATTA

Have you received your interview appointment yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
interview letter

My case was transfer to NYC last October. I received the interview letter and FP notice last Friday.
RD 9/17/01
TD 10/8/01
FP 7/15/03
interview date 8/5/03

I also have a letter that decribe what I should bring to the interview, my I.D., employment letter, Tax return for the last two years, pay stub for latest two months, marital status, bank information.

I am a NIW self applicants, switch the job after 180 days but didn't file AC21, does any one know this could cause trouble?

Plus, is this going to be the last interview, will I get stamp right after interview?

Thanks.

Cligman, Bluesky1, and Alien00, Any letter from NYC office after transfer?

Hi, Cligman, Bluesky1, and Alien00,

My case was transfered to NYC office last December. I went to 26 Federal Plaza to check my case this Febrary and the officer said everything is fine. When I went to NYC office this morning, the officer said my cae is not in their system?! She mentioned that I shoul dget a letter from NYC office after transfer. Did you guys get a letter after transfer from NYC office? I am so worried that my case might get lost during the transfer.

Thank you very much for your reply.

sky33

Received letter from VSC only

I have received a letter from VSC after my case was transfered to NYC. I haven't received any letter from NYC district offfice about the transfer. I was told the same think when I inquire about my case after I saw it online. Two days ago my wife received her interview letter and I have got mine today. You case may be transfered to Garden City office in Long Island. You should try to go there and check if your case is currently in that office.

Thanks

Pulse BlueSky and others

In the interview letters you guys have got does it mention that you have to take the medical exam again? I think I saw somebody mentioning medical forms alongwith his letter. I contacted the medical surgeon who had taken my exam and I was told some of the tests are valid for 1 year only. Pl post your reply.

Thanks

Parij:

I have the same question if I need to do my medical again.
My medical are more than a year old but they did not send me any medical requirement. Just fingerprint notice along with interview letter. I'll talk to my lawyer soon. Lets keep in touch and share the info.

Thanks

ALien00

Medicals are valid if done within a year prior to filing your 485.
Once its submitted, it is valid indefinitely, take the copy of the medicals along with you.

However if the physican has checked the box which says not
current on immuniztions and if you havent got an RFE , chances
are that the officer may question you about it and may even
ask you to get it approved by the physican. In such a case, if you had not taken any shots because it was unavaible or any other reason, make sure you take the neccessary shots either from your
local physican and go back to your immigration physican with the
records and get the supplement form(physican normally has them) updated with the new details and have him put it in a sealed envelp, this will reduce the chances of any further delay.

Hope this helps.

question on ap
I want to apply for AP myself and i just don't understand what letter i should send for thi question on Part 7on Travel Document application.
It says"On a seperate sheet of paper please explain how u qualify for an APand what circumstances warrant issuance of AP?.Include copies of any document you wish considered.
Please help me if you know.what this means
thanks
KRISHNAVARAN

Both me and my wife got our approvals after our interview at Federal Plaza, NY. I will post all the questions asked and other details. I sincerely want to thank all the participants of this thread and all the users of this great site. best of luck...