485 transfer to New York city (Interview), Post details

Please call garden city office

Please call the number to know the staus of our case.

Immigration and Naturalization Service
Garden City Naturalization Office
711 Stewart Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530
(516) 228-9242, (516) 228-9243

Office Hours - By Appointment Only
Monday through Friday 7:30 AM - 4: 00 PM

hope resurfaces (breaking news)

The client site where I work has an employee whose details are as follows:

I-485, EB2, RIR
RD 9/21/01, TD to New York City 10/11/02, TD to Garden City 12/13/02 received Interview appointment letter on 4/23/03. The letter contains finger print appointment on 4/25/03 at Hempstead office and interview on 5/6/03 at Garden City office.

This is a good news for all waiting for an interview letter.

any notice for case transfer?

does anyone know whether i will recieve a notice from VSC about case transferring or i have to wait for the interview letter? i cheched online and found out that my case was transferred.
if no notice, how would i know which local office i was transfered to? i live in long island. is any possibility of being transferred to NYC instead of garden city? how lucky are we to be the only 1%( an lawyer told me the interview rate is around 1%) ?

Our lawyer got the transfer letter.We didn't get any letter from them.Either you or your lawyer is going to receive the notice.or both.I don't know anything about gardencity.Our case is in NY.That is what the letter says.We don't know if it got transferred to Garden city or not.We live near poughkeepsie, NY

Nov 2001 RD Transferred to NY

Hello,

I just found out yesterday evening that this miserable matter will drag on for me.

Labor filed in April 99 and this junk does not end yet. Anyway, transferred to NY on May 2, 2003. I am so tired of this crap.

The AVM says transferred to New York, NY and gives a number for inquiries: 212-206-6500. SO I guess thus is going to Federal Plaza and not Garden City.

Its helpful to see this thread and share experiences with others. Based on the other postings here I'm looking at anywhere from 1 month to 6 months now?

PD: April 1999
RD: November 6, 2001

Used AC21 to switch jobs after 180 days and moved from Massachusetts to NY.

Approved after Interview

Approved after Interview at Garden City.

RD : 9/21/01 /EB2
FP (1st) : 01/29/02
TD : 10/11/02 (Federal Plaza)
TD : 12/13/02 (Garden City)
FP (2nd): 04/25/03
ID : 05/06/03
AD : 05/06/03

On April 23rd, I received the fingerprint notice (sceduled for 2 days later) along with the Interview letter scheduled for May 6th at the Garden City office.
On the interview day, at exactly 11:30 a person called my name, there were just three of us. However since my attorney had not yet arrived, the person asked me whether I would like to wait for the attorney, which I did. Had to wait another 1 hour before my name were called again, the person then took me to the 2nd floor and made me all sit in a waiting area. He then called my name and took my fingerprint. Was ultimately called in at 1:30 pm for the interview.
The interview was quite straightforward, as soon as the office opened my file she said your doctor has ticked the column where it says immunizations not complete, at the time of my medical, I had not taken the shots because I was pregnant. However I did take the required shots later with my local physician. I then took the records to the immigration physician and got a new I-593 supplement with the new details in a sealed envelop. I was expecting this query hence I took measures to get these details and the immigration officer was satisfied with it. the officer then asked to see my passport, my employment letter and the tax returns which she duly filed. She did the name check (actually the initall one was done before ) but they go back to take a print and put a copy of it in my file. That was it. She then stamped my passport and said that I would get my card in 6 months time. The officer was very courteous and friendly during the entire process.

The only information I could get out from the officer regarding the existing cases is that they will not issue interview letters unless the name check is cleared and that takes a while, and they are very rigid about having current set of fingerprints even if its only been a week since the fingerprints have expired.

Other details:
My husband was the dependent, however he did not get an interview letter along with me, so my attorney called up INS to tell them that we both should be interviewed together which INS agreed and said it was their mistake, however they said that they could not issue him a finger print notice at such short notice but will give it to him when he attends the interview. So at the interview yesterday he was given a fingerprint notice for today, and was told that he would not be getting any approval letter but be getting the card instead, because they now issue the cards real fast even though the officer told me it would take 6 months. My husband was also told to disregard any further notices or interview schedules from them.

My attorney did not receive a copy of the interview letter, she came to know about it only after I intimated her. Also the standard document that comes along with the interview letter, indicating the documents to bring was for a family based instead employment.

Lastly I’ll like to thank you all for your participation and valuable information shared in this forum. Please let me know if I could be of any help.

Congratulations!

NewYorkGC,

Congrats on your approval.

And thanks for sharing details abot the experience.

I am a 11/6 RD who recently got transferred to NY and still distressed about the transfer and the delay.

When you were transferred did you receive a transfer letter or notice in the mail? So far I have not received anything; only the online message says transferred.

My next question: is your attorney local or did they fly in for interview? My attorney is very nice but from out of town. I'm wondering how expensive it will be to arrange them to fly in for the interview.

Case transfer to NYC ..

Thank you neyyorkgc for wonderful input. Few questions,

1) Do you live in Long Island?
2) Did you got any notice that your case is trasferred to Garden City from NYC?

Thanks for your help.

For eagarjohny:

Normally yor attorney will get the transfer letter. I live in Long Island as well. I think cases initially get transferred to NYC and then from NYC to Long Island.

Good Luck.

congrats

Congratulations to newyorkgc
You are the frist approved person who got transferred in a while.Well i went to renew my ead ,they told me to come back after 90 days.(applied on march 3rd).So i have to go again if i don't receive my renewed ead.But they didn't say anything about I-485 status.They said they can't say anything .He told me that i will receive the letter.Isaw in this form some wrote they are processing june 01 rd.How did you get that information.?.
RD 10/29/01
TD TO NY 02/18/03
AD ?.

Case transfer to NYC ..

Thank you neyyorkgc for wonderful input. Few questions,

1) Do you live in Long Island?
2) Did you got any notice that your case is trasferred to Garden City from NYC?

Thanks for your help.

For eagarjohny:

Normally yor attorney will get the transfer letter. I live in Long Island as well. I think cases initially get transferred to NYC and then from NYC to Long Island.

Good Luck.

Thank you all.

NewYorkGC
I did not receive any transfer notices, I came to know about the transfer to Federal Plaza thru the online message. However my attorney did get the transfer notices for both the 485 and EAD. I came to know about the transfer to Garden City when I went to Federal Plaza on March 3rd for the EAD interview (which basically is just to get the EAD).

Fragomen, Del Rey and Bernsen is my attorney and although my attorney is based in NJ, she had no problem coming over, cause she lives in Manhattan. But I’m sure she would have sent another associate if this trip would be inconvenient to her. I truly don’t know how expensive its going to be, again it all depends on a lot of factors.

khan123
1. Yes I do live in Long Island
2. No I didn’t receive any transfer notice from Federal to Garden city and I believe my attorney didn’t either.

krishnavaran
Try your luck the next time you go to Federal Plaza to find out the status of your case.

Good Luck

GCs being received

I already received a notice (ND: 4/25/03) saying that the plastic
GC will be mailed to me within 3 weeks. My husband got the
same notice one month earlier and have already received his
card. See below for the interview details.

RD: 10/17/01
ND: 11/27/01
FD: 1/31/02
TD: 10/31/02 (NYC)
ID: 12/5/02 (Gardon City)
AD: unknown; passports not stamped during interview, and
now GCs being received.

My Question: Do we need to update or change anything, like
getting a new SSN card? I read something before saying that
SSC card should be replaced.

Thank you all for sharing you information. And best luck to
you all.

Originally posted by leaves 123
I had interview yesterday in Garden city.
Here is the detail:

our appointment was 11:00am, my husband and I arrived on time. we waited our lawyer till 11:45 am. we handed in our interview letters at 11:45 am, got call 12:05pm.

Because most officers were having lunch. we got the interview at around 1:00 pm. We met a young and back officer, he is nice and humor. He asked my husband (primary applicationer) Qs about his name, his parents name, his birth date. employer name, current visa, our current address, why he want to apply GC. After that, he asked my husband the details of his research, he said he just asked the deatils for his personly interests. Finnally he asked the Qs listed on I485, eg, did you ever be arrested?

I am the dependent case, I only got the Qs listed on I485. very easy!

Finnally he told us our case is fine, and they have security check now, he couldn't give us an offical stamp now, if we wanted he could let us come to stamp after the sec check is done. Before we left, our lawyer pull my husband employee letter and told officer keep for record. The officer didn't ask us single document, even we prepare bounch of them.

hope all the information can give you guys some help
:):)

Plastic cards received!

Finally, it's over! I received my plastic card on
Saturday, and so did my husband earlier. Please
see below for details. Thanks a lot for you all.
And best luck to you all!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I already received a notice (ND: 4/25/03) saying that the plastic
GC will be mailed to me within 3 weeks. My husband got the
same notice one month earlier and have already received his
card. See below for the interview details.

RD: 10/17/01
ND: 11/27/01
FD: 1/31/02
TD: 10/31/02 (NYC)
ID: 12/5/02 (Gardon City)
AD: 3/3/03

My Question: Do we need to update or change anything, like
getting a new SSN card? I read something before saying that
SSC card should be replaced.

Thank you all for sharing you information. And best luck to
you all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interview

Question.

For cases that have been transferred to New York do you have to take the medical exam again (in case one year has passed since the last medical exam).

Parij
Did you get the interview letter.I don't know about medical exam(redoing).What is the average time to get interview letter from NY,Fedaral Plaza?.Does everybody get transferred to garden city or only who live in long island?.Can anybody answer?.
Thanks.
TD 18/2/03
RD 29/10/01.
AD ?.:confused:

Transferr to Local NY office

krishnavaran not every once case get transferred to BCIS local office...my case was transferred to local office on the 16 th april and I got call for interview in 2 weeks. and the place is garden city..but I don't live in Long island...so my understanding is you don't have to live in long island to get garden city as ur place of interview...

Transferred to local office NY

parij

A case doesn't get transferred because u have to take medical again ...it could be because ur finger print expired like I think finger print stay valid for 15 months from the date you took first time and after that you will have to take it again.....so once ur case gets transferred they will send you a finger print date again and also interview date.

-Is there Any one who got interviewed in Garden city pls share there exp

Good Luck
Acp555

Nothing required for us before or during interview

My husband and I had the interview in Gardon City back to
last December. We were not required to re-do anything
(medical, employment letter, et al.) before or during the
interview. The officer did not ask us for any documentations.
But our fingerprints were re-sampled before just before
the interview, which I suspect occurs to all the interviewees.
Nevertheless, we did not receive any separate fingerprint
appointments.

I had interview yesterday in Garden city.
Here is the detail:

our appointment was 11:00am, my husband and I arrived on time. we waited our lawyer till 11:45 am. we handed in our interview letters at 11:45 am, got call 12:05pm.

Because most officers were having lunch. we got the interview at around 1:00 pm. We met a young and back officer, he is nice and humor. He asked my husband (primary applicationer) Qs about his name, his parents name, his birth date. employer name, current visa, our current address, why he want to apply GC. After that, he asked my husband the details of his research, he said he just asked the deatils for his personly interests. Finnally he asked the Qs listed on I485, eg, did you ever be arrested?

I am the dependent case, I only got the Qs listed on I485. very easy!

Finnally he told us our case is fine, and they have security check now, he couldn't give us an offical stamp now, if we wanted he could let us come to stamp after the sec check is done. Before we left, our lawyer pull my husband employee letter and told officer keep for record. The officer didn't ask us single document, even we prepare bounch of them.

Last edited by a moderator: