485 RFE track -- Calling to those who got RFE

Added prasa

prasa: you have been waiting for 4 months, did you ever call the 800 number and check what's going on with your case?

Good luck

to prasa

you FP have been done for almost 20 months, did you ask for the second FP by calling that famous 800 number?

good luck, wish you hear good news from TSC soon

my EAD detail and progress

EAD requested employment letter and legal status
TSC issued on 02/03/2004
TSC received on 03/04/2003
Officer 255

RFE RECEIVED

All:
Did anyone check the "RFE Received" from the mail tracking number? I know many of you checked from the CIS on line status link, is this the only way?
Thanks!

Approved..

Today mine was approved............

ND---9/13/01
RFE--2/9/04
RFE rece'd -- 2/27/04
Approved --3/5/04

xl sheet updated...

Since we are maintaining a worksheet covering all aspects of the different RFEs, can we start a new thread with the latest excelsheet and save some space.
Also an instructions post to help people decipher the worksheet and some simple guidelines as to how to update the worksheet will help.
Follow the model of I485 tracker...

My details

Please add

EB2/ RIR/ India
RD 12/5/2001
I131 ND 12/01/2003
RFE Received 2/3/2004 (Medical)
Officer # 194

My husband is the main applicant. On 02/18, CIS requested more information. Online status of our cases showed "RFE" issued. The CIS letter was addressed to my husband and put me as dependent. On 03/05/04, the online status of his case changed to "RFE received", but mine was still "RFE issued". This makes me nervous --- We applied Advance Parole together in July/03. His was approved in Feb. 2004, and mine is still pending. I am afraid that they will approve his 485 case and put me on hold again.

Does anybody have the same experience? Or maybe CIS issued a RFE to me and it got lost in transmit?

ND: 11/2001
FP: 04/03

If you read some previous posts in this thread, you will find somebody had the same situation as you. What is the officer number who issued your RFE?

Originally posted by downinsouth
My husband is the main applicant. On 02/18, CIS requested more information. Online status of our cases showed "RFE" issued. The CIS letter was addressed to my husband and put me as dependent. On 03/05/04, the online status of his case changed to "RFE received", but mine was still "RFE issued". This makes me nervous --- We applied Advance Parole together in July/03. His was approved in Feb. 2004, and mine is still pending. I am afraid that they will approve his 485 case and put me on hold again.

Does anybody have the same experience? Or maybe CIS issued a RFE to me and it got lost in transmit?

ND: 11/2001
FP: 04/03

This is a tracking thread for I485 REF

So far I only see two people requested to add tracking for ap or EAD. But I see someone added their sp/ead rfe information to the I485 RFE tracking sheet.

To not confuse other I485 refers, I am adding one new sheet for AP/EAD. You need to specify which yours is. And calling the current one I485RFE.

I added shahd1 in the new sheet, and moved FL4083 to the new sheet too.

If your RFE is for AP or EAD, Please Move it over to the new sheet.
and please remember to specify which application it is.

Thanks and good luck to you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
missed the file

So far I only see two people requested to add tracking for ap or EAD. But I see someone added their sp/ead rfe information to the I485 RFE tracking sheet.

To not confuse other I485 refers, I am adding one new sheet for AP/EAD. You need to specify which yours is. And calling the current one I485RFE.

I added shahd1 in the new sheet, and moved FL4083 to the new sheet too.

If your RFE is for AP or EAD, Please Move it over to the new sheet.
and please remember to specify which application it is.

Thanks and good luck to you all.

question

Gurus,
I have a question regarding these officer numbers , let us take my case , my RFE is from officer #69 does it mean that he/she is the only person who will be approving my case or any other officer can also approve the case ?? i see that this officer till date has not approved any case .

sorry for my mistake

Stones,

My RFE is from 485 not EAD. I had my EAD approved that day, so have EAD all in my mind. Please move my data back to 485 list. Thanks!

dependent gets approval

My husband got approval this afternoon. My status is still same. Is this possible dependent get approval ahead of primary?

Thanks.

RD 06/01
ND 08/01
FP 01/15/03
REF 02/05/03
REF RECV 02/24/03

the status may change late probably late night. Or both of you get the approval notices in mail. Congrats....

employment letter rfe for w2 contractor

I currently work as a full-time contractor for a consulting firm on a W2 basis (different company than my original sponsor company). And I just got a RFE for employment letter.

My consulting firm is willing to provide the employment letter, but only states the job is a contract based and give my hourly rate. They can also say I work 40 hours/week. Would that post a problem? Is it true that BCIS accpet employment letter only if the position is a regular permenant full-time position?

Your reply are greatly appreciated.