485 Processing stopped at CSC till Nov

kmohan

Registered Users (C)
One of my colleagues spoke with his attorney and according to him, no 485 application will be processed till Nov 2002 because of Restructing and Extra Security Checks.

Is it true?

:)

yeah, well...
I had a dream last night that a HAMBURGER was eating ME!

but more seriously...
I think this is just a rumor. The last living brain cell of some moron must\'ve come up with this one.

Check this approval posted on this site

p5nxp600_2 "Don\'t listen to the rumours about no processing .... check this out" 4/23/02 1:41am

Dont believe any of these rumors of processing stopped bull shit.

A few sadists are simply playing on people\'s minds. that\'s all. so don\'t give any attention whatsoever to all these rumors which are capable of destroying minds and making already tired souls more miserable

I do not think it is possible to stop I485 processing till Nov 02

If that was the case, INS would have issued a statement.

soi

I don\'t believe that INS can/will stop processing AOS for over 6 months...

May be some one is building some thing based on RonGotcher\'s comments! Please see following post from milli about RonGotcher\'s comments...

milli "Processing delay could be \'cause of new additional security checks" 4/22/02 4:08pm

- PCee

INS cannot just stop processing ...Govt will find it difficult to justify if they sitting idle .

INS is coming under heat to improve its operations like any other typical Govt agency , it is now forced to PERFORM and SHOW results in terms of faster approvals , better efficiency .......

Again I485 folks stand a better chance when comes to Additional checks because we guys are already done with FBI clearance ......so what MORE CHECK DO THEY WANT ?

So bottomline is " INS cannot and WILL NOT .... stop processing I485 cases ...come what may..."

PS: We folks are the future citizens of this country ., GC is the crucial step towards that ....I am sure INS also understands this point .

Regards
azcowboy007

current status

is that for last two weeks no approvals have been heard from INS

Sorry let us amend that statement

INS has approved only 5-10 percent of what it normally does

No Title

Looks like CSC is slowly picking up processing. They are sendind FP notices for Jan filers.. This is encouraging.

Sending out FP notices has nothing to do with the processing delays

as Sonofindia pointed out FP notices are issued thru\'their automated scheduler and it has nothing to do with current delays which affect only the approvals..........we have to remember FP is nothing but the security check they do for AOS applicants....

Milli, sonofindia, rsgc… Pl ease advise !

I have applied for I485, EAD and AP and have received only the receipts so far. My friend who applied from the same place got the FP notice in mid-march.

If you say sending out FP notices is an automated process, why I did not get the same till now ?

Can I do some thing about this ??? Pl. advise !

Thanks,
Bha
RD : Feb 15, 2002
ND : Feb 28, 2002
Phoenix/ Arizona

Late FP notice

You should tell your lawyer about this. They should be able to call INS to check on your schedule.

fp is sent mainly

by location

Have other people in the Phoenix arizona got fp notices with ur rd or greater than ur rd ?

rsgc, Yes !!

People from Phoenix AZ have got their FP notices.
Please advise if I can do some thing about this ...

Thanks,
Sibhra

i am from Phoenix

Hi
  my RD was first week of July and my ND was 8/23 . I got my FP notice at the start of Nov. One of my friends filed in the first week of Jan and got her FP notice within 20-25 days. So I think even though the process is automated it is not so for an individual but probably for a set of applications that arrive in a certain period of time. If you happen to be one of the first ones in that set you might have to wait longer for an FP notice.

Though it\'s automated, scheduling is based on

* ASC location and its workload(for example how many they can take in a week. (We all know SJC is slower than OAK and OAK is slower than SFO when it comes to FP)
* No. of applicants belong to that ASC

Irrespective of all these, I\'m seeing cases like yours once in a while being missed out......I think mostly it\'s because of data entry error......anyways, if you\'re very sure that someone from your ASC location applied on or before your receipt got FP notice, wait for a month and ask your lawyer to send a fax inquiry....