485 Approved(Concurrent approval)

gc_illusion said:
Hi octFiler,

Congratulation! I know you must be enjoying your time, and you should.

Quick question for you - Did you send both I140 and 485 stuff in a single packet or first you sent the I140 packet and once you got the receipt for I140, then you sent the 485 stuff in a different packet with i140 receipt in it?

What I meant by that, was it 100% concurrent?

Thanks in advance

In single packet.

sunks said:
Congrats Octfiler. You are NSC Star No 1.

One quick question, when did you apply for EAD renewal. Thanks. Enjoy new phase of life.

EAD Renewal applied on 16th July, EAD ND was july 22nd and 140 AD is July 23rd............

OctFiler, I just want to know if you get any RFE before CIS approves your case (CIS asks for a RFE so that you can prove you are still working in the same company) Thanks

octFiler,

Congrats!!...

Not sure whether NSC will woke up from black sleep or not for our cases.. yet we are little optimistic after looking into your approval.

Why did you renew your EAD. I am always under impression that EAD is valid for a year. If you applied on Oct21, 2003 then it should be valid till Oct 21 2004 ???

Let us know the reason .. may be we will try to take a chance :)

Thanks for sharing your happiness with us!!!

waitingforDOL said:
Why did you renew your EAD. I am always under impression that EAD is valid for a year. If you applied on Oct21, 2003 then it should be valid till Oct 21 2004 ???

Let us know the reason .. may be we will try to take a chance :)

Well isn't it pretty obvious ?? Because EAD expires in Oct 21, he had applied in July so that the renewal (which takes 60-120 days) would come before the expiry !

gcsuffer said:
OctFiler, I just want to know if you get any RFE before CIS approves your case (CIS asks for a RFE so that you can prove you are still working in the same company) Thanks

I did not get any RFE.

sertra2002/Any senior members,

Can any of you guess why only my 485 is approved and my wife's is still pending? Dont they approve it on teh same day?

Thanks,
octFiler.

You know, There is gap in approval in 140 and 485. Cmilr to this ur wife will get this in couple of days.
by the chance ..is there any change on LUD on ur wife case?

octFiler said:
I did not get any RFE.

sertra2002/Any senior members,

Can any of you guess why only my 485 is approved and my wife's is still pending? Dont they approve it on teh same day?

Thanks,
octFiler.

bcis said:
You know, There is gap in approval in 140 and 485. Cmilr to this ur wife will get this in couple of days.
by the chance ..is there any change on LUD on ur wife case?

Thanks for the reply and there is no change yet in LUD on wife's case.

Thanks,
octFiler.

wife's 485!!!

Guys,

FYI:
I called the USCIS today and explained them that my 485 is approved but the derivative's 485 is not approved and asked them if there is any reason for that, the answer i got is that they are processing cases from feb 2002 at present and derivative has to be patient untill the processing dates reach derivatives ND.

Thanks,
octFiler.

OctFiler,

What does this mean in plain English for you? That you will have to wait until Feb 02 cases are approved? I think it means - again - that the Customer Service people don't know what they are doing. You should have your wife approved during the next couple of weeks....

Elnegro

What do you guys think about this at Murthy website????

Chat User : Do you anticipate the USCIS to clear the confusion on AC21, especially on its use even if the I-140 and I-485 are pending for more than 180 days?

Attorney Murthy : The USCIS has already cleared up that issue in their August 2003 Memo, which we have written about extensively on our website. Their position is that the I-140 has to be approved and the I-485 has to have been pending for over 180 days for one to take advantage of AC21 portability. Although AC21 law does not require that the I-140 be approved, keep in mind that, at the time of the AC21 law's passage in October 2000, the I-485 could only be filed if the I-140 had previously been approved. Concurrent filing only started from July 31, 2002, so the USCIS believes that its interpretation is justified. Someone who has been adversely affected may decide to test this rule in court in a lawsuit.

Hi Octfile pls accept my congratulations!!! I am sure you must be elated. I am about to file for I140 and I485 and a lot of people are suggesting me Consulat processing but seeing your approval I would go for AOS as it is getting approved quickly can you give me some insights as to what i should do

I have a few questions
1.Is it certain now that NSC is waiting for 485 to be ready for adjudication ,which may take upto 2 years for 140 approval?
Can we take some professional decisions based on this fact?
2.If Oct Filer's case was a abberation ,will there be no more 140's
approvals for concurrent filers in the near future?
3.Is there any way we can take back our concurrent application and
apply for a non-concurrent one so that atleast 140 gets cleared?

The latest update from NSC as on murthy.com is really dis-appointing.

Earlier, the memo said that for concurrent cases, processing dates will be based upon I-140 processing while this one says that it is based on I-485.

All of us have different attorneys and I doubt how many of them are aware of this new update (even if they visit murthy.com, will they believe this news?)

Who will clear our confusion? Can we atleast plea to clear our I-140, I am in no hurry to have the I-485 cleared, just NEED AC21......

Jaggy said:
Hi Octfile pls accept my congratulations!!! I am sure you must be elated. I am about to file for I140 and I485 and a lot of people are suggesting me Consulat processing but seeing your approval I would go for AOS as it is getting approved quickly can you give me some insights as to what i should do

Jaggy,

You better direct this question to other senior members who have more knowledge, i am more or less like you.....my 140/485 got approved luckily other than that i am not very knowledgable............

sorry for not being of any help....hope other members can answer your question..but my personnel opinion would be to go for CP as this concurent approval's have become really un-predictable. this is just my thought with the very little knowledge i have...

Thanks
octFiler.

bcis,
I tried replying to your private message and got this error :-
"bcis has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space."

I think you need to delete some stuff in your private mailbox to make space in order to recieve private messages.

octfiler,didn't u tell them (the person u talked to on the phone) that your ND was oct 03 and that contradicts their statement?