40 day overstay

Shaker

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I went to NYC in April 2008 and didn't leave until August 16th. Previous to that I'd been to New York 7 or 8 times and always left after a few weeks.

I want to go back for another holiday at some point this year, is it likely that I will be refused entry?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Im assuming you overstayed on the Visa Waiver Program?

If this is the case then you can NO LONGER use the Visa Waiver again.

If you want to visit the US in the future then you must apply for a B1/2 tourist visa at the American Embassy.

No one knows until you apply as it is all entirely up to the interviewing officer, though bear in mind that you have two hurdles against you-

1) Youre from a VWP country. People from a country who are eligible to use the VWP have a much tougher time obtaining a B1 visa.
2) You have already misused a 'visa' (though technically VWP is not an actual visa) by overstaying, so who's to say that you won't misuse a B visa also?

Make sure (if you do apply) that when you go to the interview you arm yourself with evidence that you will return to your home country after your visit. Include things like letters from employers/school stating when you are due back, mortgage papers, car loans etc....anything and everything that could be use to convince the interviewing officer that you are not going to overstay/stay in the US.

Hello everyone,
Im new to this web, so i can post a thread yet, but i recently lost my student status, well over 5 months, ice has come to my previou address.so does it mean I am on proceeding? One more imporant question, is this possible to travel within the Us,i have a valid drivers license. I am really scared to go thru the airport, or should i travel by a train?
Thank you so much

Please help

Hello everyone,
Im new to this web, so i can post a thread yet, but i recently lost my student status, well over 5 months, ice has come to my previou address.so does it mean I am on proceeding? One more imporant question, is this possible to travel within the Us,i have a valid drivers license. I am really scared to go thru the airport, or should i travel by a train?
Thank you so much

Hello everyone,
Thank you so much

hide!!!
they can find you new address even if you don't report it to DMV (trust me)!
don't travel, don't drive, stay away from your overstay friends!
and find a good immigration lawyer ASAP!