• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

30% disqualified entries?

jayo2k

Registered Users (C)
I just read on the internet that each year, about 30% of all entries are disquilified for any reason mentioned in the rules (duplicate, wrong photo ect...).. is it true?

More and more people are becoming familiar with internet and in my opinion this number (of disqualified entries) should be reduce year by year...
Also, there are some people who inform others (who don't speak English or don't have internet) about wrong photo qualifications etc just to disqualify them and to increase their chances...
I know it first hand... because about 10 years ago my mom had a picture of her on her hand which was totally wrong. She had turned her head to show her ear in the middle of the photo!!! When I asked her why she told photograph to took her that kind of picture she said someone else told her this way was the right one! Don't trust anyone. Just read the instructions on your own. As far as I'm concerned the instructions have been translated in several languages....

not selected but entries, that would mean that for this years, they eliminated about 5 millions of entries... that seem too much.. & following your estimation, it would be between 7 to 9 millions of entries being eliminated thgus the chances since they are calculated using all the entries including the soon to be eliminated one
My estimate it is twice as much, more close to 60-65%.

Also, there are some people who inform others (who don't speak English or don't have internet) about wrong photo qualifications etc just to disqualify them and to increase their chances...

that's low... very low from thoses scums

thgus the chances since they are calculated using all the entries including the soon to be eliminated one
My estimate for chance was based on the amount of valid entries. I already excluded those that have to be eliminated (invalid ones). So if your entry is valid, that would be your chance.

oh well, just wait july 15, even if our chances are like 99.999%, at the end, it won't matter if we lose..
But honnestly, our chance vary, because i did many calculations using many years & I found out that some countries in africa get between 4.2 to 5.5% (half when you count deriviatives) while large aplicants countries like nigeria gets like 1% (using all the entries even the disqualified ones but not taking deriviatives into account).
My estimate for chance was based on the amount of valid entries. I already excluded those that have to be eliminated (invalid ones). So if your entry is valid, that would be your chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't understand your calculations but it's ok anyway we'll see what will happen in July, imagine if they said again there was another mistake :D hehehe

well, I just took the number of selectees each year for specific countries, multiplied by 100 & divided by the number of participans of this specific country & you get the percentage
i don't understand your calculations but it's ok anyway we'll see what will happen in July, imagine if they said again there was another mistake :D hehehe

Can somebody from Nigeria be of help. Do anyone knows if somebody without 5 credits at O/Level but who is a professional Fashion Designer ever succeeded in getting DV visa? My wife is in that category and our interview is next week. Help please! We are five in the family that involve a lot of money!!!

You have no advantage 4.4% or 2% it really does not make much difference with odds of winning. So don't all get you're hopes up and if you're disqualified then you're no chance to be selected.

I allready have a plan b since may 14th... now in my head, plan b is pan A, so win or lose, november 2011 i am in usa
You have no advantage 4.4% or 2% it really does not make much difference with odds of winning. So don't all get you're hopes up and if you're disqualified then you're no chance to be selected.

I wish everybody would be eliminated who after winning realized what the cost are to make the move and the cost to obtain the GC...and others who just realize it is not for them to move to the USA.

IMO that would eliminate a large percentage.

Some people just enter for the fun of it and take away the change for others...every one who made an error on their entry has to thank themself...

I wish everybody would be eliminated who after winning realized what the cost are to make the move and the cost to obtain the GC...and others who just realize it is not for them to move to the USA.

Some people just enter for the fun of it and take away the change for others...every one who made an error on their entry has to thank themself...

One good option would be pay for the application. Let's say 500 USD. The person who really wants to move to the US and therefore know what the cost, the need of a job, the need to show money to the consulate, etc.. will not care paying this extra money.

The person who is just playing or is not sure, will not pay this money...

I guarantee you that doing this you will see how those 19.000.000 participant will be reduced to 3.000.000 or less....

At the end, if you don't have money to pay for the application...then you don't have money to support yourself in the US

Can somebody from Nigeria be of help. Do anyone knows if somebody without 5 credits at O/Level but who is a professional Fashion Designer ever succeeded in getting DV visa? My wife is in that category and our interview is next week. Help please! We are five in the family that involve a lot of money!!!

yes I have met a person who traveled to USA through DV lottery who is professional tailor.

You can ask this in the Nigerian thread, you'll get more informed advice. On the face of it though if her high school certificate is not sufficient and her profession is not on the level that is expected then she may very well be in for bad news. Go to the Nigerian thread and ask, people there have been to interview already and know what the requirements are.

One good option would be pay for the application. Let's say 500 USD. The person who really wants to move to the US and therefore know what the cost, the need of a job, the need to show money to the consulate, etc.. will not care paying this extra money.

The person who is just playing or is not sure, will not pay this money...

people would say that's discrimination based on ability to pay.

I guarantee you that doing this you will see how those 19.000.000 participant will be reduced to 3.000.000 or less....

At the end, if you don't have money to pay for the application...then you don't have money to support yourself in the US

I understand your argument but people would say that's discriminatory.

Each year I'm always surprised with the number of winners who have no clue what winning the lottery entails.

why there is fake entries if at the end there will be no response from unexisted applicants???

I try to understand the rationale behind submitting fake entries, like the phonebook fraud, myself and it just makes no sense. I can foresee DOS limiting entries based on IP address as a means of curtailing these fraudsters who take away people's chances without them even knowing.