2nd Request for Additional evidence

Jimmykaler

Registered Users (C)
Did anyone got a request for additional evidence after they sent out their G325A and medical? I already sent out the Medical , G325A and now i got a email saying that they had mailed me a letter on March 31st requesting for additional evidence. Is that a good sign Or means that I screw up something when i fill out my G325A. I am scheduled for biometrics on April 5th.

Oh my God! CIS wants to put roadblocks constantly on our way and they are determined to make our experience as miserable as their strength can allow.

Now they are going to ask you for details of all the travels you have done in the past (since ASylum approval). You have to write them in detail of your destinations and stay out of US.

I never travelled out of USA since i got here. I think thats not the case. I did applied for RTD once but never used it. How long it usually takes to get the mail after they sent out the email. Any idea???

I wonder what that is all about. I've sent my RFI (i693 + g325a) today so I 'll let you guys know if they bug me for something else in the coming weeks. Just like jimmykaler I got RTD that I never used, although it helped me few times when I needed to prove my status (for some reason it works much better than asylum approval letter). I can't wait for this agonizing process to finalize. Btw (not that you don't know), it really sucks being an asylee. People don't know sh*t about what your rights are. Once I had a situation where I switched jobs while my EAD expired (although I theoretically don't need one) - I ended up with being paid 3 months late with the mild case of fear from dumb secretaries and their obtuse questions like: "Where is your passport with visa?"

Someone please advice...

I probably shouldn't be posting this message second time, but I'm getting little worried. I need advice from people who already been through this process. My question is
Did anyone got a request for additional evidence after they sent out their G325A and medical? I already sent out the Medical , G325A and now i got a email saying that they had mailed me a letter on March 31st requesting for additional evidence. Is that normal
Or
means that I screw up something when i fill out my G325A. I am scheduled for biometrics on April 5th.

I do not think anybody can predict what they are asking. Just be patient and wait for the letter. Chill.

You would be the first one receiving this letter. So everybody would be looking at you to see what CIS asks next.
But don't worry. Its not due to any screw up by you. Its just their routine to agonize asylees.

Look at the bright side--- they are actually looking/reviewing your file, right? not just shelve them.

ofu

Jimmykaler said:
I probably shouldn't be posting this message second time, but I'm getting little worried. I need advice from people who already been through this process. My question is
Did anyone got a request for additional evidence after they sent out their G325A and medical? I already sent out the Medical , G325A and now i got a email saying that they had mailed me a letter on March 31st requesting for additional evidence. Is that normal
Or
means that I screw up something when i fill out my G325A. I am scheduled for biometrics on April 5th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimmykaler

This is my opinion: I got an e-mail from them some two weeks after getting the letter. I think they are referring to the same evidence which you already sent. I think the e-mail notificiation is simply delayed.
Otherwise, you would have gotten another letter.

Jimmykaler said:
Did anyone got a request for additional evidence after they sent out their G325A and medical? I already sent out the Medical , G325A and now i got a email saying that they had mailed me a letter on March 31st requesting for additional evidence. Is that a good sign Or means that I screw up something when i fill out my G325A. I am scheduled for biometrics on April 5th.

I am assuming they are sending you RFE. What you filed is RFI. I don't know the technical difference between RFE and RFI, but what I know is no cases were approved after RFI. If you check most of the approved cases in this forum, all of them get approved after RFE not RFI. I consider your situation positively. I am sure you will soon be approved after INS receives your RFE.

good luck.

go2bk

I think EspressoJoy has a point. I received an email on 30th March about my RFI being received on March 15. Almost after two weeks.
so make sure that email does not relate to your already sent RFI.

Thanks guys for all the responses!!!! I am looking forward for that mail. Will let you guys know once i got it...
Lets see if thats INS screw up OR
I did it again:)

Hi, i have got RFI on March 8 and on March 21 USCIS reseived it. After that i got letter for biometrics to do on April 28. So far they did not ask me about any aditional evedence, even though i traveled Twice with RTD. Ferst time to Greece for 1 month, and last summer i was living in Italy for 2 monthes.!! :(
Will see whats happend. Good luck to us!!!!
-------------------------
ND-October 2000
RD-October 2000
FP-May 2004
RFI- march 2005
Biometrics - April 28

Me too!

Jimmykaler said:

Just got one today! Read my other post...ur not alone!

2nd RFI

I got the email on 03/23. However, I am still waiting for the mail. It's interesting because I got the last mail dated on 03/07 asking for updated medical and bio-info within four days. So, I assume whether this e-mail is about the first RFI.