• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2nd NL for august selectees show up here plz

But she has documents with both names - so that should be fine.

Well...we got married on Sept 2011 in Cali. After coming back to the UK we first had to change her name in the old country and that took ages (first sort out the marriage license, then apply for an ID, once having an ID, apply for a passport, then collect the passport) so when I filled the DV application for DV2014 I used her maiden name as this was her name at the time which I think is fine. Around Christmas last year we collected her new passport, changed all the names in the UK and then with new docks applied for her British passport so everything would be kosher. Then on January 16 I had sent an email to KCC containing forms with my wife's new name and got a reply that my file will be updated. As you can imagine KFC are pretty shit at what they do sometimes and boom my 2nd nl has my wife's maiden name on it.

The only document that we have with her previous name on it is an old passport (plus all the diplomas, school certificates, job offers, etc) where all the pages except for one with B1/B2 visa valid for few more years have been punched through (three small holes per page to show that the passport expired). The name and all the details are visible but still it is an expired passport.

So I decided to write to them to make an update or send me an invite with my wife "proper" name. Just to make sure that I can get through that gate. I've heard that they are pretty strict if it comes to letting people in.

Well...we got married on Sept 2011 in Cali. After coming back to the UK we first had to change her name in the old country and that took ages (first sort out the marriage license, then apply for an ID, once having an ID, apply for a passport, then collect the passport) so when I filled the DV application for DV2014 I used her maiden name as this was her name at the time which I think is fine. Around Christmas last year we collected her new passport, changed all the names in the UK and then with new docks applied for her British passport so everything would be kosher. Then on January 16 I had sent an email to KCC containing forms with my wife's new name and got a reply that my file will be updated. As you can imagine KFC are pretty shit at what they do sometimes and boom my 2nd nl has my wife's maiden name on it.

The only document that we have with her previous name on it is an old passport (plus all the diplomas, school certificates, job offers, etc) where all the pages except for one with B1/B2 visa valid for few more years have been punched through (three small holes per page to show that the passport expired). The name and all the details are visible but still it is an expired passport.

So I decided to write to them to make an update or send me an invite with my wife "proper" name. Just to make sure that I can get through that gate. I've heard that they are pretty strict if it comes to letting people in.

You also have her birth certificate - so you have loads of proof that she has used both names. My own situation is similar because my wife uses both her married and maiden names for various things (because in Spain they don't change names).

Normally the passport shows both the maiden and the family name, no? May be your case is more complex or I may have misunderstood.

I wondered about yours. We know they have had a week for the other regions, but the fact that they have already scheduled the numbers on the revised SA number is very interesting...

I just hope that it translates into an interview for later case numbers.

Britsimon, Would you please be so kind as to re-confirm correct format for CEAC website appointment check: 2014EU37xxx? Tried that, yet does not seem to work (yet).

Give it a couple of days. The CEAC site may not be updated as quickly as you got your details.

Got mine - interview is in first week of August in Auckland, NZ. Now to organise all the paperwork and triple check everything before we get there!

just get worry...i am AS9xxx from Hong Kong. Did not receive any 2NL or update on the status check.

Assuming you are a 2014 winner, and you submitted your forms more than a few weeks ago, then yes, you should be getting your email soon, but the interviews are agreed with the embassies so that might delay your notification. Just be patient for a day or two...

Yes i am 2014 winner and i actually got everything done in 2013 june... just dont want to make any mistake at the end of this stage. thx