2nd FP notice after 18 mos of Name Check... anybody?

shopgirl

Registered Users (C)
Anyone would like to share his/her experience as mine? Been stuck at name check for 18 months and finally received a 2nd fingerprint notice last week. IL coming soon :confused:

Good news

Shopgirl,

Your IL should be on it's way. You should hear from USCIS in about 2 weeks after your take your 2nd FP. This has been the general trend. It's usually a good sign, I mean getting a 2nd FP notice.

I hope so

Shopgirl,

Your IL should be on it's way. You should hear from USCIS in about 2 weeks after your take your 2nd FP. This has been the general trend. It's usually a good sign, I mean getting a 2nd FP notice.

Thank you. that sounds very positive! will keep u posted ;)

2nd FP after 21 months

Thank you. that sounds very positive! will keep u posted ;)

I have a similar situation:

My PD is 12/4/2006
NC initiated 12/13/2006
Ist FP done 1/24/2007

Since then, numerous enquiries with CIS, InfoPass, letters to just about everyone ...

Now after 21 months and waiting, I got a notice for the 2nd FP last week. The 2nd FP is on 10/4/2008.

Hopefully the IL is on its way soon.

AP

Look at my sig.

they would run a computer check immediately after the 2nd FP (I believe that is for criminal records), then schedule the interview. That is what they told me at an infopass I had immediately after the 2nd FP. But it still can take a few months.

One more!

A friend of mine applied couple weeks after I did, in December 2006. He had his 2nd fingerprint done in June, and nothing ever since. I keep bugging him to make him write letters to everybody, just like I did, but he is kind of shy :rolleyes:.

Well, the positive thing is that taking action does make a difference.

June 2006 -- 1st FP
July 2008 -- 2nd FP (yes, over 2 years later)
Aug 2008 -- IL
Oct 2008 -- ID

4 weeks after 2nd finger printing, I received my Interview letter. Interview is scheduled for October 1. I'm counting hours now until my interview.

My lawer said that all I need to take to interview is my IL, passport and Greencard. But I'm taking a ton of other papers people recommended here. I specifically asked about tax records and he said I don't need that. I guess because I got my GC through my employer.

for me

applied feb 2006
FP march 2006

interview august 2006.**passed ** ( agency checks pending ) <-- then how come i was interviewed according to the new rule????
then NOTHING until last week i got 2nd FP notice for mid OCT. YES after 2 1/2 years .

does that mean my checks are done?
Are they gonna call me for 2nd interview after 2nd FP?
One point, which gives me hope is that, if 2nd FP notice was generated automatically after 1st one expired then it means agency checks still pending and its just automated system to keep FPs current, if that was the case then i should have fingerprinted june or july of 2007.

but its been 29 months since my 1st FP, so i hope all checks are done, and hope to recieve oath notice with in couple of years. ahhhhhhhhhhh

2nd FP is a good indication that your name check is completed. I don't think they automatically generate a new FP if previous ones expire at 15 month mark. They schedule new ones when there has been activity on your case (such as completed name check). At the end of October, start contacting an IO on a regular basis (by phone or Infopass) to determine if you have been placed in the oath queue yet.

Interview Schedule??

I had my second FP done on Sept 10, 2008 (Name Check pending since November of 2005).

WHen I call the 1-800 number few days ago, customer service would not let me speak to IO as I had called few months ago and had received the standard letter saying Name Check pending (wait six months). I was told to call back in January 2009.

Is it possible to talk to IO on the phone before six months are over?? I read on this forum that people know about being in line to be schedule for interview: how do you that??
Any and all help will be appreciated.
Thanks

I had my second FP done on Sept 10, 2008 (Name Check pending since November of 2005).

WHen I call the 1-800 number few days ago, customer service would not let me speak to IO as I had called few months ago and had received the standard letter saying Name Check pending (wait six months). I was told to call back in January 2009.

Is it possible to talk to IO on the phone before six months are over?? I read on this forum that people know about being in line to be schedule for interview: how do you that??
Any and all help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Call USCIS 1-800 number, choose option 1-2-3. When you get a customer rep, tell them you haven't received receipt number and that it's been more than 30 days since you applied. Don't mention any other details to customer rep of your case (like that you had 2nd FP or was already interview). This will trigger rep to transfer your call to an IO.

How about 28 months, in Feb I got my 2nd FP and in June a letter from the FBI saying they send the result of the name check to USCIS. I called two weeks ago and nothing. still waiting...
Bobsmith do you think calling will help my case also??? I mean speaking with an IO

How about 28 months, in Feb I got my 2nd FP and in June a letter from the FBI saying they send the result of the name check to USCIS. I called two weeks ago and nothing. still waiting...
Bobsmith do you think calling will help my case also??? I mean speaking with an IO

If anything, it will keep you informed. Just make sure to contact USCIS on a regular basis..ask them specifically if your in queue..make sure you talk to an IO and not a customer rep.

I have a similar situation:

My PD is 12/4/2006
NC initiated 12/13/2006
Ist FP done 1/24/2007

Since then, numerous enquiries with CIS, InfoPass, letters to just about everyone ...

Now after 21 months and waiting, I got a notice for the 2nd FP last week. The 2nd FP is on 10/4/2008.

Hopefully the IL is on its way soon.

AP

Let's all keep our fingers crossed :cool: IL letter coming soon....:D

It is my opinion that some of the people on this thread should definitely get together if they are in the same district and file a lawsuit against USCIS & FBI.-

I've read the signature of some of you and it has been more than 1 or 2 years waiting or even more..... And I say again, this is disrespectful and inconsiderate from their part..... This has to be brought to the attention of the other branches of govt which is the Judicial and Legislative Power bcs it seems that the Executive on this regard, is having lots of difficulties....

In similar situation

We applied for N400
March 19 07 (Priority Date)
FP April 24 O7
Interview July 24 07 Passed but 2nd file missing
Contacted USCIS 3 times in the last 1 year. Still pending
Sent letter to Senator's office in August. They assigned someone 2 weeks ago. Last week, received an update from Senator's office that our background check is cleared but need 2nd Fingerprinting. The assistant at the senator's office scheduled a walk-in appointment for our fingerprinting on Sept 27.
After that we contacted the assistant again as to what is next, she said sorry, that's all she can help. So what is next? We called USCIS, they say there is no update since Oct 07 which means our background check cleared or 2nd PF is not even reflected in the system... this is so frustrating. Any suggestion?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi desperte4Natz,

Your situation is so simple to resolve, just classical example! Had interview more than a year ago, namecheck cleared, file missing, CIS consistently ignores requests, including ones from Senator's office.
File lawsuite 1447(b) without delay. You'll get your Natz certificate in couple months. Do you know the date when your namecheck was cleared? If it was done early in the process, you might hit the deadline when it will expire, and they will have to initiate the second one. So don't delay, file 1447 soon.

Hello guy as I said I called three weeks ago and nothing, got a letter saying blah blah we are working on it or something like that. this is my timeline can I still call again today an try to speak to an IO I have never done it.. Will it help?

JAN 2006 : Priority Date
FEB 2006 : FP
JUN 2006 : Interview (pass)
JUN 2008 : 2ND FP
JUN 2008 : Letter from FBI saying they send results to USCIS

would it make a difference if an applicant works for a government agency as a contractor. The USG has already done background checks, including FP?
How long would it take to process a 400 Naturalization application?
Thanl Allen