2nd FP notice after 18 mos of Name Check... anybody?

It won't hurt

Hello guy as I said I called three weeks ago and nothing, got a letter saying blah blah we are working on it or something like that. this is my timeline can I still call again today an try to speak to an IO I have never done it.. Will it help?

JAN 2006 : Priority Date
FEB 2006 : FP
JUN 2006 : Interview (pass)
JUN 2008 : 2ND FP
JUN 2008 : Letter from FBI saying they send results to USCIS

dani5050, it might help. I would definitely give it a try. Call customer service, request to transfer you to an IO because your case is well outside of processing time and you haven't heard from CIS in more than 60 days. Decline to create service request, if CSR offers it. Stress to an IO that you had your interview more than 2 years ago (!!), and ask when your oath will be. IO should explain the situation to you.

Again, chances of success are 10% - 15%. Filing 1447(b) is 100%.

would it make a difference if an applicant works for a government agency as a contractor. The USG has already done background checks, including FP?
How long would it take to process a 400 Naturalization application?
Thanl Allen

No difference since government agencies perform security checks independently.

IL received

2nd FP is a good indication that your name check is completed. I don't think they automatically generate a new FP if previous ones expire at 15 month mark. They schedule new ones when there has been activity on your case (such as completed name check). At the end of October, start contacting an IO on a regular basis (by phone or Infopass) to determine if you have been placed in the oath queue yet.

Indeed looks like it. I just got my IL today.

Finally - what a bloody long wait! Exactly two weeks after my Second FP, I received my interview letter today (I'm yet to see the letter but just got an email from my attorney informing me of the same).

Here's my long timeline:

PD: 12/4/06
NC initiated: 12/13/06
Ist FP: 1/24/07
2nd FP: 10/4/08
IL received: 10/17/08
Interview scheduled: 11/18/08

Rest of the updates later as they happen! Phew ...

AP