• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2022 DV LOTTERY WINNER WITH PENDING ASYLUM

DavidJ

Greetings,
I know there are lots of people who been through this and will appreciate if you can share your experience with me, I am a 2022 DV lottery winner and at the same time I am a pending asylum applicant on removal proceedings (waiting on individual hearing). I came to the US on a visitor visa B2 and applied for asylum before my I -94 stay expires with the USCIS and my application was referred to the immigration court after three years and now I finished my sixth year in the US total so in such a case can I adjust status on the lottery or I am not eligible as I heard the asylum applicants are out of status if they came on a visitor visa? If I am eligible what are the steps for the winners inside the US? are they suppose to interview with the USCIS and when or how will I know about the interview? My lottery number is below 1100 and I want to try my luck anyways but not sure what the steps are for the winners inside the US after filling the DS-260 I don’t know what to do next as I haven't heard from KCC and I couldn’t find any instructions for winners inside the US if you can help me with some input I will really appreciate that and will be a lot of help to me and my family! Thank you very much in advance.

AFAIK, you’re not eligible to process your DV selection via AOS since you no longer have a valid status to adjust from, on top of which you’re now in removal proceedings. If you still wish to proceed regardless, then you need to start by going through the AOS Process Spreadsheet which contains a step by step guide for DV based AOS processing. There are several tabs on the spreadsheet, so take your time to go through each one to enhance your under of the process involved.

There’s a DV2022 AOS Only thread in the forum where DV based AOS related issues are discussed. I encourage you to post subsequent AOS related questions on that thread, it makes managing AOS related issues easier in additional to also making it easier for everyone to keep abreast of what is going on with their case and those of others.