2018 Asylum Filers

The process took about 3 weeks. I applied as soon as I clocked 150 days. Download the form I-765 and also read the instructions on how to fill in the form and the supporting documents which you are supposed to attach to your application. I attached 2 passport photos, copy of my passport for the ID, copy of my passport page which shows the date of entry into the USA and departure date since I did not have a copy of I-94, proof that I had my biometrics and proof that I attended my interview on the 22nd January and awaiting decision. Otherwise the instructions will explain to you what documents to attach

Thanks a lot for this information

The process took about 3 weeks. I applied as soon as I clocked 150 days. Download the form I-765 and also read the instructions on how to fill in the form and the supporting documents which you are supposed to attach to your application. I attached 2 passport photos, copy of my passport for the ID, copy of my passport page which shows the date of entry into the USA and departure date since I did not have a copy of I-94, proof that I had my biometrics and proof that I attended my interview on the 22nd January and awaiting decision. Otherwise the instructions will explain to you what documents to attach
So, you sent I-765 application and got EAD in 3 weeks?

Hello, guys
I'm new to here.

I applied on May 25th 2018 (I had legal status at the time I apply)
Interview date: Jun 25th 2018
*The officer told me the result will be mailed to my address.*
First Inquire: March 13th 2019 (The staff helped me to contact the officer to take action, and told me come back after a month)
Second Inquire: April 22nd 2019 (The staff told me the case has been sent to HQ for final decision, there is nothing they can do)
Planning to go to local office and inquire again next week.
The EAD clock is still running and it has been 400 days.

I will keep update if there's any.

Hello, guys
I'm new to here.

First Inquire: March 13th 2019 (The staff helped me to contact the officer to take action, and told me come back after a month)
Second Inquire: April 22nd 2019 (The staff told me the case has been sent to HQ for final decision, there is nothing they can do)

Looks like multiple people in this situation. Have patience, please.

Did you get EAD?

Hello, guys
I'm new to here.

Next time when you call ask that you want to talk to your AO, that works faster

Next time when you call ask that you want to talk to your AO, that works faster

Thanks for the advice. But how am i supposed to do that?
Am I able to make appointment with my AO by making reservation on infoPASS?
BTW, I have only called them (USCIS service line) once, and there wasn't any option for Asylum applicants (the options there are only for Asylee)
The robot voice basically tells the exact written stuff on their website, nothing informational.

Thanks for the advice. But how am i supposed to do that?
Am I able to make appointment with my AO by making reservation on infoPASS?
BTW, I have only called them (USCIS service line) once, and there wasn't any option for Asylum applicants (the options there are only for Asylee)
The robot voice basically tells the exact written stuff on their website, nothing informational.

Call the asylum office line and request to talk to your officer

Hello all,

I'm new here I couldn't find any thread that related to the ones like my case. My husband and I filed asylum in Arlington. My husband filed in December 2014 and they added me in January 2015. We are still waiting for our interview. Do you have any suggestions on what is the best way to get our interview faster? It's so frustrating because we won DV lottery last year but because we were pending asylum, they didn't give it to us. We are done with waiting and we would appreciate it if anyone have a good suggestion/solutions/ways that we can do it to speed up our process.
thanks

Hello all,

I'm new here I couldn't find any thread that related to the ones like my case. My husband and I filed asylum in Arlington. My husband filed in December 2014 and they added me in January 2015. We are still waiting for our interview. Do you have any suggestions on what is the best way to get our interview faster? It's so frustrating because we won DV lottery last year but because we were pending asylum, they didn't give it to us. We are done with waiting and we would appreciate it if anyone have a good suggestion/solutions/ways that we can do it to speed up our process.
thanks
That is so sad to hear. Did you try contact them? All these days I was blaming myself for my pending asylum interview decision but after I read yours I realized that there are people who still struggling for an asylum interview. I will pray for your family. One of the best way to get the interview is try contacting your area senator or congressman. Good luck

That is so sad to hear. Did you try contact them? All these days I was blaming myself for my pending asylum interview decision but after I read yours I realized that there are people who still struggling for an asylum interview. I will pray for your family. One of the best way to get the interview is try contacting your area senator or congressman. Good luck
Thanks for your kind words. No, I didn't. Should I call the Asylum office?

There's no such thing as "calling the asylum office." If you want an update on your case, you'll have to contact them electronically, and they will usually only tell you exactly the same you get from the website when you enter you case#. They'll just tell you your case is "pending". Based on the time when you applied, unfortunately I fear you're probably stuck in the backlog of the backlog. :( So basically you were just about to get your interviews, when the new "last-in-first-out" policy came into place. So you were put back at the back of the long list of asylum applications. There are certain cases in which USCIS will grant an expedited interview. See if you qualify here. If your personal circumstances don't fall within one of these categories, I'm afraid there's really nothing you can do to expedite an interview. I would definitely recommend consulting with an attorney though and see if they have any other suggestions.

There's no such thing as "calling the asylum office." If you want an update on your case, you'll have to contact them electronically, and they will usually only tell you exactly the same you get from the website when you enter you case#. They'll just tell you your case is "pending". Based on the time when you applied, unfortunately I fear you're probably stuck in the backlog of the backlog. :( So basically you were just about to get your interviews, when the new "last-in-first-out" policy came into place. So you were put back at the back of the long list of asylum applications. There are certain cases in which USCIS will grant an expedited interview. See if you qualify here. If your personal circumstances don't fall within one of these categories, I'm afraid there's really nothing you can do to expedite an interview. I would definitely recommend consulting with an attorney though and see if they have any other suggestions.
Thanks for your response. We have a lawyer but she suggested to do nothing because if recently they reject the cases easily and if we expedite or contact congressman may harm our case. I don't know, we are done with waiting we don't know what it the best way.