2018 Asylum Filers

New York
Applied on : 2017 December
Reciept: in 8 days and 2018 January finger prints. And still waiting for an interview time.
Do you have any idea about 2017 asylum cases waiting time for NY.
Thank you!!
In New York has 2 offices one in New Jersey and one in Long Island. If you live in Manhattan and The Bronx you case will be on New Jersey.
But you filed a case on 2017 that mean you case is going to be the last case they will interview. You will have to wait 5 years+ For interview

In New York has 2 offices one in New Jersey and one in Long Island. If you live in Manhattan and The Bronx you case will be on New Jersey.
But you filed a case on 2017 that mean you case is going to be the last case they will interview. You will have to wait 5 years+ For interview
What I heard it should not be more than 4 years i have friends who applied 2017 and got their interview But not in NYC in California

I live in Brooklyn and according to new immigration law first in last out they call all applicant who applied on 2018 after 1 january.. when I asked asylum office about it they said when we will handle with new cases we will go back from 2018 and then will come your case... but I don't know how it will happen cause every year thousand of people apply for asylum.

I live in Brooklyn and according to new immigration law first in last out they call all applicant who applied on 2018 after 1 january.. when I asked asylum office about it they said when we will handle with new cases we will go back from 2018 and then will come your case... but I don't know how it will happen cause every year thousand of people apply for asylum.
Hi! I want you to be hopeful and try your best to stay positive. I know they have alot of cases to deal with, but they are actually making a progress compared to previous years. According to data from government statistics, so many cases have been cleared out this year. So I'm pretty sure yours will come through soon. Try to find other things to do that will distract you from thinking about asylum. I know how bad is that feeling; therefore I always tried to forget about my case and focus on doing other stuff. I wish you good luck and be hopeful.

Hi! I want you to be hopeful and try your best to stay positive. I know they have alot of cases to deal with, but they are actually making a progress compared to previous years. According to data from government statistics, so many cases have been cleared out this year. So I'm pretty sure yours will come through soon. Try to find other things to do that will distract you from thinking about asylum. I know how bad is that feeling; therefore I always tried to forget about my case and focus on doing other stuff. I wish you good luck and be hopeful.
Did you get your response?

Did you get your response?
Yes! I got my approval on the 25th of last month. I consider myself lucky because I didn't have to wait long. I applied on January 5th. Interviewed on Feb 11th and got an approval on Feb 25th. The whole process took only one and a half month.

Yes! I got my approval on the 25th of last month. I consider myself lucky because I didn't have to wait long. I applied on January 5th. Interviewed on Feb 11th and got an approval on Feb 25th. The whole process took only one and a half month.
Congratulations

Congratulations! Did they send you a letter or you went to pick it up?

Hello!

Wondering if EADs being received are valid for one year or two?
I know first time EAD is valid for 1 year. Is that right?

Whats the duration when its gets renewed?

Chow, Did you renewed your EAD?
What was duration on EAD first time and 2nd time?