• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2017 DV LOTTERY COUNTDOWN TO MAY

According to the dvlottery.state.gov website DV2017 check will open at noon (EDT) on May 3, 2016.
In the previous years I did check a few days later, but I was wondering if the really turn the switch at that time.
Or do they actually open a few hours before to make sure everything works at the given time?

According to the dvlottery.state.gov website DV2017 check will open at noon (EDT) on May 3, 2016.
In the previous years I did check a few days later, but I was wondering if the really turn the switch at that time.
Or do they actually open a few hours before to make sure everything works at the given time?
It's a computerized schedule, it should be at that very time, but the system may be overloaded at start due to a high number of people checking!!

Hello
To all the DV hopefuls I wish you all the best. Last year this time I was in your shoes. I played in 2012 and I didn't win, I skipped 2013 and I play again in 2014 and we won. I know some need it more than the others but regardless of who need it more than the other. I wish you all success.

Hello
To all the DV hopefuls I wish you all the best. Last year this time I was in your shoes. I played in 2012 and I didn't win, I skipped 2013 and I play again in 2014 and we won. I know some need it more than the others but regardless of who need it more than the other. I wish you all success.

Thanks for the well wishes. Glad to see that you didn't give up. How are you enjoying life in the US after everything has been settled?

Hello
Sounds great!

What is the country you are charged to?

They "switch on" at the scheduled time. Often people will end up finding out late due to system overload, but never early.

Guys is having a light beard in my dv photo will cause me to be disqualified ?

I mean is it compolsury to be clean shaved?

Life in the US is fine if you're willing to work hard. It is really a world is dreams. If you go to school and work hard you'll live your dreams.

Good to know you had that opportunity and living your dream. Tomorrow will be a life changing day for several people around the world. This is my second time applying and well lets see if the luck is on my side this year.