• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014AS000xxxxx All asia please help share CN info.

Showing not a public charge

I am a winner and awaiting for my interview to be scheduled. In the criteria its mentioned that i should not be a public charge but I am university student and dont make money yet! I might have like 3000$ but not more, can I get bank statement of my dad and say he would support my living in the US or my studies?

would that work?

thank you

I have a small problem, lets say, i want to change the initial address in USA which i mentioned in my visa forms... through this forum i got to know that i can change it in the interview... but my problem is, for that, should i have to take a duly filled new form OR only address part of the Form OR any other way??

I have a small problem, lets say, i want to change the initial address in USA which i mentioned in my visa forms... through this forum i got to know that i can change it in the interview... but my problem is, for that, should i have to take a duly filled new form OR only address part of the Form OR any other way??

Either way is fine - it really isn't a big deal and you ca change it again when you enter the US...

Hello everyone,

I'm from malaysia and my Cn number is AS00022***

With the current process of the cut-off numbers,
It's my chance high?

As i really need to plan on other stuffs for my life
if i really don't get a chance for it.=(

Any advise here?

Deb

some has claimed cn 40k from asia if it is true your case number is slightly higher than half....there are only 167 selectee with derivative from Malasia...so, in my view u r in the safe zone if it will not hit a global limit.

some has claimed cn 40k from asia if it is true your case number is slightly higher than half....there are only 167 selectee with derivative from Malasia...so, in my view u r in the safe zone if it will not hit a global limit.
My friend even if there is only 1 selectee from malaysia! He still has to wait untill
His CN 22xxx goes current...

Hello everyone,

I'm from malaysia and my Cn number is AS00022***

With the current process of the cut-off numbers,
It's my chance high?

As i really need to plan on other stuffs for my life
if i really don't get a chance for it.=(

Any advise here?

Deb

Deb, you are in a risky range, but not so high that you should give up! Unfortunately all you can do is wait and see, but be realistic that there is a chance your number is too high - and plan accordingly. Be flexible!

Are all cases in risky range from Asia whatever the cases? & the AS a risky region for dv in 014??? We are seven seas apart from US....what would be next vb?...Does the load of student visa for embassy effects the vb cutoff pace????

Are all cases in risky range from Asia whatever the cases? & the AS a risky region for dv in 014??? We are seven seas apart from US....what would be next vb?...Does the load of student visa for embassy effects the vb cutoff pace????

If that so, it would effect the VB of Nov,Dec,Jan............. bcz most of the students are starting their studies on January (one of my friends is going)i don't think there will be a problem for March......

mine is as below in signature, AS00019XXX, from the entrant status check it looks like they have 125,000 selected if they select 50,000 out of 125,000 means you got a change of 1 success interview out of 2.5 person, and this is only hope not based on facts, my understanding is that 125,000 case number are distributed to 6 regions in the whole world, now asia is big with many embassies, so these huge numbers seems to be normal and possibility of getting an interview is Ok, Not a fact just calculations, please be kind and correct me if wrong?

hi samer i want ask u what u meaning about
3 countries Police Certs. : Started Process , 28-Jun-2013
University and School Documents: Started Process , 28-Jun-2013
u sent university decument to kkc or enough high school diploma
second question : from where u r ? syria!!!

hii britsimon

Deb, you are in a risky range, but not so high that you should give up! Unfortunately all you can do is wait and see, but be realistic that there is a chance your number is too high - and plan accordingly. Be flexible!

hii britsimon
my cn:as23xxx its too high i know but i see 26xxx
i want to ask if i have chance or not
*second:
current what mean they stopped appointment or still make it
and if they still make appointment they make it in the same way about CN or they looking for what they need like person with high study without family somethings like this.
*third:
i want ask if i make appointment in embassy for complete my study "dentistry study" in May to get study visa this is will affect on lottery application or not because in lottery application they asked me if i have been refused from embassy or not, or if i visit usa
*forth:
if i get appointment in embassy for study visa its good to say i win in lottery but high number or its bad
and what is the good thing that must show to consular to get study visa like university acceptance and i my uncle live in usa and he is doctor other thing like what .....
thank u very much

hii britsimon
my cn:as23xxx its too high i know but i see 26xxx
i want to ask if i have chance or not
*second:
current what mean they stopped appointment or still make it
and if they still make appointment they make it in the same way about CN or they looking for what they need like person with high study without family somethings like this.
*third:
i want ask if i make appointment in embassy for complete my study "dentistry study" in May to get study visa this is will affect on lottery application or not because in lottery application they asked me if i have been refused from embassy or not, or if i visit usa
*forth:
if i get appointment in embassy for study visa its good to say i win in lottery but high number or its bad
and what is the good thing that must show to consular to get study visa like university acceptance and i my uncle live in usa and he is doctor other thing like what .....
thank u very much

Janas I'll reply here rather than the PM so others may benefit or comment.

There are some AS numbers higher than yours. Some people recently have reported having numbers as high as 40k, however, that is much higher than we previously thought. Regarding 23k, it is too high to get an interview, in my estimation BUT there are others than believe it would be OK, so I guess all you can do is wait and see. No one can really be sure one way or the other.

When a region goes current it means there are sufficient visas left to satisfy those still waiting. I don't think AS will go current this year. They do not ever pick people based on skills or family in the DV lottery - it is based purely on the case number.

The temporary visa application will not have a bad effect on the DV process (unless you lie to improve chances in one or another process). If you are denied the temporary visa you might get questionsed about that in the DV process but it wouldn't normally disqualify you unless the reason for the disqualification was serious enough to also disqualify your DV application.

If you apply for the temp visa you MUST mention the DV application and there will be a question that asks whether you have made an immigrant application. Assuming you sent your 122/230 forms then you have made an immigrant application. They will consider that against your temp visa application so you will have to be careful to prove that you will not try to overstay on your temp visa. There is a chance that the immigrant application gets you a denial on the temp visa, but that is decided case by case and alongside other factors.

Good luck!

My case number is 10xxx. I gave up already. Until July/August there wont be any serious spikes in numbers. I think this year we wont end up CURRENT. I'm not sure if even I can get interview

Reporting my CN

Hi! I've been gathering info from this forum for awhile,,, to make sure I read enough to not ask the same questions that were asked before. And here I am,, my CN # is AS00020xxx which is considered high now that the current case numbers are only 4xxx in March :/ Like others said, there's still a chance for everyone since the holes could be really large. By the way, I'm from Thailand and choosing to do AOS here in the states. :) I think there's still hope for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! I've been gathering info from this forum for awhile,,, to make sure I read enough to not ask the same questions that were asked before. And here I am,, my CN # is AS00020xxx which is considered high now that the current case numbers are only 4xxx in March :/ Like others said, there's still a chance for everyone since the holes could be really large. By the way, I'm from Thailand and choosing to do AOS here in the states. :) I think there's still hope for everyone.

Welcome Nsukwatt - thanks for reading first and thanks for saying hi!

I'm sure you have already read some of the posts about high case numbers. The thing is, although we do expect case numbers to increase rapidly there are some who think AS20XXX has a very small chance to get processed before the global cutoff. That may well be true, but I am doubly troubled about your statement of doing aos. If AS20K does get current, it will only be in September. That means you have to complete your AOS during that one month. Whilst some have done that, it is a risky strategy - and don't forget the global axe could fall at any time in that month.

So, have a think about a plan B and a plan C. Plan B should be to at least consider doing CP. Plan C should be to come to terms with what you will do if 2014 is not your year to get a Green Card.

hello everybody
I am DV-2014 winner from Egypt
i chose US consulate in Cairo Egypt for the interview
but for now i got a new job on (Doha , Qatar) so i wonder if i call kcc and ask them to change the interview place to US consulate in Doha , will they ask me ( at interview stage ) for affidavit of support in US consulate in Doha ( unlike interviews which are processed in Cairo where is no need for affidavit of support )
case no : 2014AS22xxx
chargeability : saudi arabia

Last edited by a moderator:
im dv 2014 winner from asia, case num 19XXX
Whatever my case num would be I'm sure i'll be gettin since God is with me. And all of you as well
But i have one question.
125000 selectees were selected. but the case numbers rank from 1000's to 26000 (maximum). that is also random. so if one person includes 2 dependents for gettin visa. 26,000 * 2= 52,000 almost all should get visa? isn't it?