• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014AS000xxxxx All asia please help share CN info.

Hello friends,
As per I made an inquiry about the status of my case I got an email which read as:
---------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of October. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.
---------------------------------------------------------
So, my question is, Is this normal reply that everyone gets back from KCC? What does it mean "pending further embassy review" ???
Some of the experts claims that it is not a normal reply that everyone gets.

I'm confused guys, hope you will help me out. Thank yOu in advance. Best regards.

There are a couple of different "normal" replies - that is one of them and nothing to worry about. "pending further embassy review" simply means the case is waiting until it will be reviewed/processed further at the embassy - during your interview.

So, 22Xxx is considering pretty high Number for asia?

I'm not an expert on CNs but I guess so! Is it AS22XXX or AS22XX? AS22XX is a good one for sure.
If you look at 2013 visa bulletin, you'll have see when AS22XX or AS22XXX will be current.

hi Sampath

I am Jagath from Baththaramulla i like to be a friend of u because me also a Sri Lankan iam randomly selected for DV2014 programme i sent my forms 25th july but i didnt have any reply form KCC waiting for a reply from them :(

what's meen 1NL i think (notification letter) is it caret or not
if u like may i know ur contact details

Congratz Jagath... I'm from Kalutara.. They takes a long time to confirm it, better to send an email after about 1.5 months... i sent my documents in first week of June. But they confirmed it in last week...

Dear Friends,

I have big problem about the Sponsor letter & the form i-134 .. US embassy in Sri Lanka has listed the form i-134 in the check list and i gave a call to them today and they confirmed that we have to bring that form to the interview instead of the sponsor letter. But my sponsor doesn't like to give that form since that will be a problem to him letter since he has to mention his annual income, whether has a life insurance etc. Also he says he sponsored a 2013 DV winner and to that winner also he gave only a sponsor letter and that winner has passed the interview and came to US in ast month.. Also according to his view majority of the sponsors do not like to give that form.. So what shall we do ? we have to sort this out ASAP...

i read in some posts, that people with very high numbers like AS70XXX and even more got interviewed and also got the GC in the end ,
according to some fox here in the forum it's not possible , because after they reach the number of visa which is 50,000 they stop the interviews.
so i guess they've got other factors to the interviews order.

In my understanding, largest case number should be around 2014XX00125000. They stated in the first confirmation letter that "Approximately 125,000 individuals were registered for further processing." Our case number is based on region after accumulating number from different region.

Reference to the Visa bulletin of July 2013, CN up to 9,850 (i.e. 2013AS00009850) was eligible for visa interview and application. I am a bit concern about it too since my CN is 10XXX.

Hello, I am from Mongolia. My case number is AS000049xx. When do you think that I will receive the 2nd letter? Thank you.

Regarding reading the visa bulletin of Sept 2013, they will start processing visa in Oct for Asia CN up to 1,800. People are saying those numbers refer to the last digits of case number. I think your interview will be end of this year, so u may receive your 2nd notification letter one or two month before your actual interview. good luck!

This is because in DV 2013 there just 12000 case number as heard from friends here in post and only 16000 winners from asia (as from KCC data) so for that july had 9800 cut off and next month they did current so that they could accumulate remaining 2000 cases in left two month for interview but as I suppose you are for 2014 dv as Iam this time from asia 23000 selectee and cases upto 27000 (as heard and in some post here) so for this year DV your case number is in preety safe zone and mine too in same range I expect my interview in april in early may in late.
case number 2014AS00096**
In my understanding, largest case number should be around 2014XX00125000. They stated in the first confirmation letter that "Approximately 125,000 individuals were registered for further processing." Our case number is based on region after accumulating number from different region.

Reference to the Visa bulletin of July 2013, CN up to 9,850 (i.e. 2013AS00009850) was eligible for visa interview and application. I am a bit concern about it too since my CN is 10XXX.

My # is 2014AS00010xxx. I guess it should be a safe one, and my interview will be around next May?

Mine is also 2014AS00010XXX. After checking Bulletin For July 2013, I am a bit nervous. They stated the allocation for Asia in July 2013 is up to CN 9,850. I hope it won't be that late for 2014.

from which country you are from?
Mine is also 2014AS00010XXX. After checking Bulletin For July 2013, I am a bit nervous. They stated the allocation for Asia in July 2013 is up to CN 9,850. I hope it won't be that late for 2014.

We're all on the same boat. Mine is also 10xxx.
I'm guessing the we'll have our interview on March-May. May is the latest.
Last year there were 13-15k winners from asia. This year 22-28k.
There will be holes of course and we don't know when would the most holes be.
If we get lucky we'd have our interviews on February, but I highly doubt that.
Bulletin for January (February) will show everything.
Just hope for the best. We're already winners

ya aset is correct in this but as I seen in the cut off for october I guess it will move faster after december
We're all on the same boat. Mine is also 10xxx.
I'm guessing the we'll have our interview on March-May. May is the latest.
Last year there were 13-15k winners from asia. This year 22-28k.
There will be holes of course and we don't know when would the most holes be.
If we get lucky we'd have our interviews on February, but I highly doubt that.
Bulletin for January (February) will show everything.
Just hope for the best. We're already winners

I -134

Dear Friends,

I have big problem about the Sponsor letter & the form i-134 .. US embassy in Sri Lanka has listed the form i-134 in the check list and i gave a call to them today and they confirmed that we have to bring that form to the interview instead of the sponsor letter. But my sponsor doesn't like to give that form since that will be a problem to him letter since he has to mention his annual income, whether has a life insurance etc. Also he says he sponsored a 2013 DV winner and to that winner also he gave only a sponsor letter and that winner has passed the interview and came to US in ast month.. Also according to his view majority of the sponsors do not like to give that form.. So what shall we do ? we have to sort this out ASAP...

Hi Nerandima,

I lodge the same question before to US embassy here (SL) and got the same answer but if you pop in to US.gov website according to them the DV winners are exempted from i 134 requirement, but not sure. My no is DV 18xxx if I get any update I 'll let you know.

Ruwan

Hi Nerandima,

I lodge the same question before to US embassy here (SL) and got the same answer but if you pop in to US.gov website according to them the DV winners are exempted from i 134 requirement, but not sure. My no is DV 18xxx if I get any update I 'll let you know.

Ruwan

Hi Ruwan my one is also 18XXX ... listen, i call SL embassy again to ask about it... then a lady spoke to me very aggressively and told me " there is know one to give advises " and kept the phone... i don't know what to do...... :(

Hi Nerandima,

Ruwan

Hi Ruwan my one is also 18XXX ... listen, i call SL embassy again to ask about it... then a lady spoke to me very aggressively and told me " there is know one to give advises " and kept the phone... i don't know what to do...... :(

OK let's try and deal with this point about the I-134.

It is not strictly true to say DV is exempted from needing the 134. There are some embassies that seem to want an I134 and they are free to make that call locally.

The reality is that they have a responsibility to take reasonable steps to ascertain how the visa holder will support themselves in the USA to avoid becoming a public charge. So part of the interview may be about this. IF the candidate has a very sought after job and it is "obvious" they have money and can support themselves then the questioning will be non existant/light.

For most people though they will be expected to prove how they will avoid becoming a public charge. The proof could be things such as bank statements, a job offer, a statement of support from a relative/friend and so on. There may be a combination of those proofs. In that latter case (the statement of support) one way to present that is on I-134. It is a format and document they are used to. The form must be completed by a LPR or citizen of the USA - and should be supported by evidence such as tax filings.

For some embassies then they would accept the 134 and that document would carry some weight toward the decision. However, in some countries it might be not needed and if the person has provided other forms of financial ability proof, the I-134 may not even be looked at (as I believe happened in Momos case).

So - unless SL have a strict policy of requiring the 134, other forms of financial proof may be enough for an interview in SL. NuvF seems to have great insight into SL matters so hopefully he will see this and give us his input.

I hope that helps.

OK let's try and deal with this point about the I-134.

It is not strictly true to say DV is exempted from needing the 134. There are some embassies that seem to want an I134 and they are free to make that call locally.

The reality is that they have a responsibility to take reasonable steps to ascertain how the visa holder will support themselves in the USA to avoid becoming a public charge. So part of the interview may be about this. IF the candidate has a very sought after job and it is "obvious" they have money and can support themselves then the questioning will be non existant/light.

For most people though they will be expected to prove how they will avoid becoming a public charge. The proof could be things such as bank statements, a job offer, a statement of support from a relative/friend and so on. There may be a combination of those proofs. In that latter case (the statement of support) one way to present that is on I-134. It is a format and document they are used to. The form must be completed by a LPR or citizen of the USA - and should be supported by evidence such as tax filings.

For some embassies then they would accept the 134 and that document would carry some weight toward the decision. However, in some countries it might be not needed and if the person has provided other forms of financial ability proof, the I-134 may not even be looked at (as I believe happened in Momos case).

So - unless SL have a strict policy of requiring the 134, other forms of financial proof may be enough for an interview in SL. NuvF seems to have great insight into SL matters so hopefully he will see this and give us his input.

I hope that helps.

Dear Britsimon,
I always respect you kind helps for us.. Friend, what are the documents that we can show other than form i-134 to show that we will not be a public charge in US. If it my bank account, how much should i have to show in my account.. if it is about my wealth , how much......................................
thanks

Dear Britsimon,
I always respect you kind helps for us.. Friend, what are the documents that we can show other than form i-134 to show that we will not be a public charge in US. If it my bank account, how much should i have to show in my account.. if it is about my wealth , how much......................................
thanks

The number generally spoken about is $10,000 per adult. A family of 4 might need to show $20k-$25k. People have succeeded with less, and more is ok too ;-)

If you have a sponsor/job/very lucrative and sought after skill, then that number may be less.

You may want to show a number of documents, in addition to or instead of an I-134. Without knowing your situation I don't know what you could show but it might be things like this...

Bank statements (can be more than one and preferably show that your savings have been available for some time - not just moved in for a couple of months to pass this test)
Other savings/assets such as shares/stocks held, pension accounts etc
Tax filings you may have made in your country
Details of assets such as property, cars or whatever and a plan of what you will keep/sell.
Statement of Net worth prepared by an accountant.
Pay slips or employment contracts relating to current job to demonstrate the kind of work you do.
Job offers for USA

Last edited by a moderator:
DV2014 for Iraqi

Dear All,

I have been reading through your postings. I am from Iraq and I have been selected for 2014 DV lottery program. The case number was AS00014XXX do I have good chances to win? or schedule my interview ?

I have sent all the requested forms to KCC and called them several times but all they reply with wait for your turn!

please can someone help ?