• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Lottery - Second notification letter

hi there
its august 20th, and i still havent got my letter to confirm if i have interview or not. if i dont get selected this year, will they let you know?

my case number is 2014OC000018XX

With that number, you won't get a second notification letter at this time. For OC, the cut-off for October (the first month that they are interviewing for DV2014 selectees) is 300. So only those with 2014OC00000299 and below will get an email telling them to go to ESC and check for their interview notification. You will have to wait several months for yours - so relax until then and just learn about the process.

You already were selected by getting a case-number. The issue now is if there will be enough visa numbers left for selectees with high case numbers such as yours. All the best!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your case number is pretty low yes. The cutoff for October is 1800. That was slightly lower than expected so perhaps they have a big jump up in the next month or two - we will have to wait and see. I'd be very surprised if it were to jump as much as you need to be current next month however.

Wait for the bulletin next month - that will tell us more for your number...

I had dispatched my dsp forms on june 7.My case no. is 2014AS000011**.I had tracked it with fedex tracking no.,was received to kcc after 2 days of my dispatch and was signed by T.campbell.But 2 days ago i had called kcc about my case status.They said my case no. is not in the system.Why is this happening?Wont i receive second letter during this august??What about the previous trends..???Thanks !!

When KCC received ur forms, did they send u a confirmation for receiving ur documents or not?

I had dispatched my dsp forms on june 7.My case no. is 2014AS000011**.I had tracked it with fedex tracking no.,was received to kcc after 2 days of my dispatch and was signed by T.campbell.But 2 days ago i had called kcc about my case status.They said my case no. is not in the system.Why is this happening?Wont i receive second letter during this august??What about the previous trends..???Thanks !!

Is it possible that you did not include the bar code sheet in your original packet? Given that your case is now current I would personally phone again, and hopefully a different person will check differently. Be very clear about your case number and mention that you case will be current in October. IF they say again that the forms are not in their system, then tell them you will send another set of forms. Ask them if they have any special instructions for someone resending forms.

Then once you have that information you ca send a new set of forms exactly as before and they will process the forms quickly. Your case won't be delayed, you won't miss your chance.

Is it possible that you did not include the bar code sheet in your original packet? Given that your case is now current I would personally phone again, and hopefully a different person will check differently. Be very clear about your case number and mention that you case will be current in October. IF they say again that the forms are not in their system, then tell them you will send another set of forms. Ask them if they have any special instructions for someone resending forms.

Then once you have that information you ca send a new set of forms exactly as before and they will process the forms quickly. Your case won't be delayed, you won't miss your chance.

We had enclosed our first letter along with our documents..there is barcode ...how about previous trends..of this type of cases......

Hi! I am a new member in this forum. This is my 1st post.Anybody can advise me please. I am so worry about 2nd NL. I mailed to KCC DSP-122 & DS-230 forms on 7 may.But DSP-122 form expire date( 03/31/2013) is show on top-right hand corner . I downloaded from offcial site. That time it is a latest one. Will it be affect for my 2nd NL? Thanks in advance.

Hi! I am a new member in this forum. This is my 1st post.Anybody can advise me please. I am so worry about 2nd NL. I mailed to KCC DSP-122 & DS-230 forms on 7 may.But DSP-122 form expire date( 03/31/2013) is show on top-right hand corner . I downloaded from offcial site. That time it is a latest one. Will it be affect for my 2nd NL? Thanks in advance.

The expiry date does not matter - the form is still valid.

yes i hav...got it a few hours ago...processin on Case Basis...Check the latest visa bulletin released to make an estimate of when to receive ur 2NL. No worries...it will come through. Pray as well...Cheers!!!

Help me out,
I've visited US before too but for training sponsored by office and that is the first time. That time, I'd put my marital status as SINGLE but it'd already been three months of my marriage that time. I actually doubted if I don't get VISA if I put married status. Now in DV first letter processing, I put married status. I'm worried if they check marital status from my previous visit processing. Any idea what would happen?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!,

Help me out,
I've visited US before too but for training sponsored by office and that is the first time. That time, I'd put my marital status as SINGLE but it'd already been three months of my marriage that time. I actually doubted if I don't get VISA if I put married status. Now in DV first letter processing, I put married status. I'm worried if they check marital status from my previous visit processing. Any idea what would happen?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!,

Firstly, I hope you have learned the lesson here. Don't lie on any immigration or visa forms. It has the potential to get you banned from the US and disqualified from this process. The stress you have caused yourself is NOT worth it.

It is good you have reverted to the truth for your DV processing and you will have to HOPE they don't look too closely at your previous visa application. If they do discover your lie from before they could disqualify you from the DV process and they may decide to take further action. In general, I don't think they will look that closely at your previous application and try to piece together the marriage dates etc - unless they have other reason to question your case or decide to dig deeper (such as administrative processing). So I think you will be ok.

Good luck.

hello frend my case no. is as000033** when my case no. will be current......

Firstly, I hope you have learned the lesson here. Don't lie on any immigration or visa forms. It has the potential to get you banned from the US and disqualified from this process. The stress you have caused yourself is NOT worth it.

It is good you have reverted to the truth for your DV processing and you will have to HOPE they don't look too closely at your previous visa application. If they do discover your lie from before they could disqualify you from the DV process and they may decide to take further action. In general, I don't think they will look that closely at your previous application and try to piece together the marriage dates etc - unless they have other reason to question your case or decide to dig deeper (such as administrative processing). So I think you will be ok.

Good luck.

hello frend my case no. is as000033** when my case no. will be current......

Good luck.

Thanx bristimon...i am feeling good..anyway there is no need to worried about it.

Doubt in ds 230 filling

Not yet
It is too early, may be we can start checking on august 2013

I want to know while filing DS 230 there is a column where they are asking the address of petitioner. waant to know, who is the petitioner ( dv lottery winner).
also for each family member who have to submit separate DS 230 forms. mean to say including winner if there are three family members then three forms have to be submitted separately.