• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Australian winners

Hi all,
I got my second notification for an interview in Sydney today. Its on the 12 of August so it looks like they are sticking to the second Tuesday of the month. Also my number is in the very low 1300's and the interview is at 11am so the times aren't secluded in the OC number order.

Hi all,
I got my second notification for an interview in Sydney today. Its on the 12 of August so it looks like they are sticking to the second Tuesday of the month. Also my number is in the very low 1300's and the interview is at 11am so the times aren't secluded in the OC number order.

Interested to find out if anyone current for August has an interview date in Sydney other than on 12 August. Please report! Thx

Well, I had my interview today and it's all over. I have my Visa approved! What a surreal day! I have been walking the streets of Sydney in a bit of a daze but managed to stop and have a celebratory drink down at the Opera House with the Harbour Bridge to keep me company. Such an amazing location. Beautiful weather too.

All I can say is that it was the least stressful interview I have ever had.

I flew into Sydney yesterday so I could have the day to focus on making sure I had everything ready. I'm glad I did do that as my flight to Sydney was delayed by 2 hours due to fog. If I had booked the flight for this morning, I possibly might not have made it (I shudder at the thought!).
I arrived at the US Consulate at 8.45am and by the time I got through security (hint: don't bring your hand luggage as I did!) I was upstairs and waiting by 9am, with about 10 people, who were there for different Visa categories I suspect. Basically the procedure was as explained by others on the forum. I took a number and was called to a window within 5 minutes and waited for my paperwork to be checked and arranged (about 15 minutes). The lady asked me to go and pay my Diversity Visa Lottery fee (US$330) and then I returned to the same window for a few more minutes. A couple of simple questions were asked (have I ever been in the military, was I ever married and do I have children) and then I was asked to sit and wait for my number to be called for the interview, which was about 15 minutes later. The American lady who interviewed me was SO lovely and smiled heaps. She said congratulations for being selected for the DV Lottery and then asked why I wanted to go to the USA and what was I going to do there. Then we chatted about living in another part of the world and before I knew it she said the Visa was approved and that my passport and documents would be in the mail very soon. I think it caught me by surprise because it took about 5 minutes and I replied with something like "Oh...sorry?" I exited and descended in the elevator and started to laugh. Luckily I was on my own (although afterwards I thought about security cameras! Oops!). By the time I collected my belongings it was 9.50am! Very quick and painless. I had all the necessary documents (and just in case I also had an employment offer and summary of my bank finances which weren't asked for) and felt that I couldn't have been more ready. I was nervous that I would say something dumb, but I kept my answers short, not that there were many questions anyway.

What a relief that it's over. I won't be leaving Australia for a while as I need to wrap up a lot of things, but I'm looking forward to the change of scene and the opportunities that will come with it.

A massive thanks to all those on the forum who have posted over the last couple of years, especially those who have answered my queries over the last couple of months. It definitely helped make the preparation easier.

Good luck to all those who have upcoming interviews, and fingers crossed that the OC region goes current sometime soon.

Cheers!

Well, I had my interview today and it's all over. I have my Visa approved! What a surreal day!
Cheers!

Yaaay! Congrats, that's wonderful news. It's good to hear a happy story amongst the gloom and doom of the Visa bulletin numbers. Where will you be moving to/doing?

Woohooooo! Congratulations Eros, you give hope to those of us thinking it's going to be an interrogation in a dimly lit room.

Yaaay! Congrats, that's wonderful news. It's good to hear a happy story amongst the gloom and doom of the Visa bulletin numbers. Where will you be moving to/doing?

Cheers Essey. At this point I'll be heading to LA (although NYC is always going to be an attraction). I have a Creative Arts and Education background, and I'll be consulting on a new venture which is quite exciting but under wraps at the moment.

Hi guys just spent the last couple hrs reading through this excellent forum.

I found out today (I had just about given up on reaching the US through the DV and was looking at studying there next yr instead) that I had been selected for 2015! Over the moon.

My CN number though is 1550-1600. From what I've seen here it seems If I understand things right, it seems I'm in the middle of the rd between those successful and those most likely to be unsuccessful. I'm not sure exactly what is the highest number they're up to for 2014 yet? And is there likely/has there been a big change in the CN of successful applicants over the yrs? Your feedback is much appreciated.

I really hope OC will go current for you guys, my heart bleeds for you.

Cheers

I found out today (I had just about given up on reaching the US through the DV and was looking at studying there next yr instead) that I had been selected for 2015! Over the moon.

My CN number though is 1550-1600. From what I've seen here it seems If I understand things right, it seems I'm in the middle of the rd between those successful and those most likely to be unsuccessful. I'm not sure exactly what is the highest number they're up to for 2014 yet? And is there likely/has there been a big change in the CN of successful applicants over the yrs? Your feedback is much appreciated.

Cheers

That number will be in the successful column (would have been in 2013, will be in 2014 and will be in 2015). Congrats!

Sorry where can I see that info?

My number will be towards the end of the list by the looks of it. This is going to be a bit of a dilemma as until today I had been planning on beginning study there next Sept. I was expecting to get the student visa sorted the preceding months but if the DV is waiting in the wings I won't be able to go for a student visa I guess. Any thoughts on this?

Btw if OC has gone 'current' come Sept, does this mean everyone remaining who wants an interview will be granted one?

Thanks

Sorry where can I see that info?

My number will be towards the end of the list by the looks of it. This is going to be a bit of a dilemma as until today I had been planning on beginning study there next Sept. I was expecting to get the student visa sorted the preceding months but if the DV is waiting in the wings I won't be able to go for a student visa I guess. Any thoughts on this?

Btw if OC has gone 'current' come Sept, does this mean everyone remaining who wants an interview will be granted one?

Thanks

Visa Bulletins are available that show previous years progress and if you check the useful links post (pinned in the first few posts) you can find historical info.

You can apply for a temporary visa, and as long as you can show you intend to return to your home country you could get it. However, there is a chance that they take the DV win (IF you submit your 260 forms) as immigrant intent. So - you could delay sending the 260 forms if you like - and that means you can honestly answer the temp visa questions with no issues. Sending the 260 late won't lose your chance...

IF OC or any region goes current yes it means they believe there are enough visas to satisfy remaining demand. We won't see current in 2014 (nor 2015, in my opinion).

Cheers

If I was drawing a probability graph for case numbers in OC it would run at near 100% until it hits 1600 then drop quickly after this.

Your number is good enough. 50 higher though and it gets into nail biting territory.

To see why, I think the first post of this thread explains it well and seems to match recent history.

Hi everyone, first time poster here.
My number is in the 167X range which as you can imagine has me very nervous.
Originally I was extremely confident of getting an interview given past years, since then though with each VB that gets released my hopes are dwindling :(

Hi everyone, first time poster here.
My number is in the 167X range which as you can imagine has me very nervous.
Originally I was extremely confident of getting an interview given past years, since then though with each VB that gets released my hopes are dwindling :(

Welcome. That really isn't a bad number - good luck!

You can apply for a temporary visa, and as long as you can show you intend to return to your home country you could get it. However, there is a chance that they take the DV win (IF you submit your 260 forms) as immigrant intent. So - you could delay sending the 260 forms if you like - and that means you can honestly answer the temp visa questions with no issues. Sending the 260 late won't lose your chance...

Just on this subject as I have seen it come up a few times in this forum with speculative answers only, I had my E3 visa interview on Monday, was successful and received my passport back today. I did state on the DS-160 form (non-immigrant visa) that I had submitted an immigration petition (DS-260) for myself with the details being "DV2014 selectee with the absolutely no hope case number of OC28xx". I wasn't even questioned about this registered immigration intent when applying for the non-immigrant E3 visa.

We won't see current in 2014 (nor 2015, in my opinion).

Unfortunately I agree with you, and reality has kicked in based on my post above. Given I wasn't questioned around registered immigration intent when applying for what is very clearly a non-immigrant visa with no path to permanent residency, I can only assume they concur I have no hope with the DV2014 case number I have. Purely speculation though, maybe I'm reading too much into it...

Just on this subject as I have seen it come up a few times in this forum with speculative answers only, I had my E3 visa interview on Monday, was successful and received my passport back today.

Hey Neko, where did you have your E3 interview? Im currently sitting in NYC waiting for mine to be processed via USCIS and its taking forever. Considering switching to consular processing if I can go somewhere cheaply but Ive heard that the Canadian consulates are not processing E3s at the moment.

Just on this subject as I have seen it come up a few times in this forum with speculative answers only, I had my E3 visa interview on Monday, was successful and received my passport back today. I did state on the DS-160 form (non-immigrant visa) that I had submitted an immigration petition (DS-260) for myself with the details being "DV2014 selectee with the absolutely no hope case number of OC28xx". I wasn't even questioned about this registered immigration intent when applying for the non-immigrant E3 visa.

Unfortunately I agree with you, and reality has kicked in based on my post above. Given I wasn't questioned around registered immigration intent when applying for what is very clearly a non-immigrant visa with no path to permanent residency, I can only assume they concur I have no hope with the DV2014 case number I have. Purely speculation though, maybe I'm reading too much into it...

Two things, our answers, at least mine and those of the regulars on this forum, were not speculative. It was based on real experiences and understanding f the rues that are followed.

Second. I very much doubt your interviewer had much clue what "DV selectee" means, much less that they saw your number and concurred you had no chance. So yes, you are reading too much into it.

Glad you got the E3 though, that is an awesome advantage you guys have over the rest of the world. My H1 took 2 attempts and over 10k in lawyers fees. Your E3 costs nothing in comparison and gives better benefits!