• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Australian winners

I should say, these people with families and low numbers under 1200 get their winning's worth. A low number really is a win. A high number is just being teased, taunted and tempted and sentenced to 15 months of tantalizing wonder and what-ifs and forum reading. A high number may well be crueler than not being selected for further processing in the first place. A high number is to be invited to the dance, dress up in your prettiest clothes, and to be left as a wallflower that nobody wants to dance with. It would be better to stay at home and watch TV and not have to bother ironing your clothes and going out to the dance seeing all the cool kids have fun.

Does anybody have any opinions on the political future of the DV over the next decade? Was Hillary Clinton a supporter of it? If she becomes President for 8 years would she support keeping it? Do you think Republicans will get control of the senate and succeed with some new immigration bill killing the DV? What does anyone think? I won 2014 with a high useless number probably, lost 2015, will probably keep playing, because if I ever win and get a decent number, I'm home free.
Lets wait and see in the next month the last Vb if it is not good news for those of us with high case numbers who as you put it get no one to dance with after having dressed up and waited eeooonnsss.....as long as DV is still ongoing we keep applying...meantime....lets wait and see....I guess OC is feeling the heat just like AF is...since even us in AF Region this FY DV process has been hard and taught us the real value of patience, which then grows at times to being seriously tried!!

Even though I ticked the box to get my SSN automatically, something stuffed up because we got our Green Cards in the mail but no SSNs. Went to the SSN office and asked about it. There were no SSNs in the works for us at all, so something didn't get processed as it should have. The lady at the SSN office said it happens fairly often. That might have happened to you too, so head down to the nearest SSN office and sort it out.

Re the healthcare, sorry, not sure when you're supposed to get it.
Our family has now been here four weeks in Scottsdale, PHX, does anyone know about the approximate time frame for our green card / SSN to arrive?

Big move! still sleeping on an airbed waiting for beds etc to arrive after 10 nights doing the LA thing with the kids. Husband has work lined up but they want a SSN...he is popping down to an office now...

Our family has now been here four weeks in Scottsdale, PHX, does anyone know about the approximate time frame for our green card / SSN to arrive?

Big move! still sleeping on an airbed waiting for beds etc to arrive after 10 nights doing the LA thing with the kids. Husband has work lined up but they want a SSN...he is popping down to an office now...

You should have received your SSN cards by now - your husband's visit to the office will probably shake that up, he needs to check the request is in the system. Green cards normally take close to 2 months to arrive. You can track that on ELIS (where you paid your USCIS green card fee) - once it switches to optimized then the actual production process has begun, and you'll receive the cards 1-2 weeks after that.

Have any Australians got their 2NL for August yet?
Dan - are you waiting on an email, or the ESC webpage update?

I believe some people previously haven't received their email (which simply directs you to check the ESC page again anyway).

Come oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon Australia. Go current, pretty please.

Dan - are you waiting on an email, or the ESC webpage update?

I believe some people previously haven't received their email (which simply directs you to check the ESC page again anyway).
Yes I'm waiting for the email, I have also been checking the ESC webpage for an update as well. I know it will probably come in the next few days but I cant stop checking for it every few hours. Even when your number go current the anxiety doesn't stop.
A weird thing happened last night when checking the ESC webpage. I entered my details again and it brought up the old interview schedule for another applicant. It was a AF selectee in the low 1000. At first I thought they had screwed up and scheduled my interview at the wrong consulate. It was only when I notice the AF next to the number that i realised it was for the wrong selectee. I refreshed the page, enter the login details again and it went back to the "You have been randomly selected for further processing" page. There must still be some bugs with the DVIS referencing the wrong fields.

I hope the next VB brings good news to you all. I have spent hours reading all the posts on this thread and I appreciate and thank you all for your advice. I can't imagine what you are all going through waiting and hoping that next month you will be below the cut off or OC will go Current. Now I really understand how fortunate we are with the CN - 2015OC000006xx. All the best.

I am holding out hope for you guys. So a bit of googling showed me that in 2013 there were 2191 CNs in OC, and it went current after 1600. Is that right ? or is my 'research' flawed lol. Did they still have greencards left over too ?

The case numbers are not sequential so I don't think there would be 2191 case numbers because you don't have OC001, OC002, OC003, OC004, OC005 et al.

I am holding out hope for you guys. So a bit of googling showed me that in 2013 there were 2191 CNs in OC, and it went current after 1600. Is that right ? or is my 'research' flawed lol. Did they still have greencards left over too ?

There were 2191 total ( including family members, not CN's. This year 2014 there have been 4150 ( I think) so almost double the amount of selectee's. It is, while we still hold out hope unlikely that OC will go current. The 2015 lottery has seen numbers in the 2200 range so we are hopeful that it will at least come close to reaching that number this year also.

The case numbers are not sequential so I don't think there would be 2191 case numbers because you don't have OC001, OC002, OC003, OC004, OC005 et al.

No there are not, I think there was only an additional 40 or 50 interviews after going current.

Hi all,

It seems all my previous posts weren't transferred to the new software. My interview is today. In about 7 hours or so. I can't sleep even though I know I'm as ready as I can be. I'll post again with an update. Fingers, legs, toes and eyes crossed!

Hi all,

It seems all my previous posts weren't transferred to the new software. My interview is today. In about 7 hours or so. I can't sleep even though I know I'm as ready as I can be. I'll post again with an update. Fingers, legs, toes and eyes crossed!

Good luck!

There were 2191 total ( including family members, not CN's. This year 2014 there have been 4150 ( I think) so almost double the amount of selectee's. It is, while we still hold out hope unlikely that OC will go current. The 2015 lottery has seen numbers in the 2200 range so we are hopeful that it will at least come close to reaching that number this year also.

No there are not, I think there was only an additional 40 or 50 interviews after going current.

Oh, I thought It was too good to be true. I think I will leave to quest for information to others and just watch what happens next month