• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Australian winners

Just wondering is this true? Say I was to not go ahead with the green card process (my numbers between 1800 - 2000) and later study and attempt to get the J-1 exchange visa that a New Zealand graduate can get, would it be more difficult to get this because I have applied for the DV and shown interest of immigration? Likewise the B visas?

On this same note, I have this year applied for cruise ship work and recieved a C1/D crew/transit visa that allows me to work for American cruise ship companies such as Princess Cruises. At the interview they saw that I had applied for the diversity visa but issued my visa in spite of this with not much drama. This is probably because the C1/D visa is a transit visa, but still, they made note that I had shown interest of immigration and still issued my visa. So an example of that situation where we can still go for other visas after having applied for a green card perhaps.

http://www.wolfsdorf.com/articles/Winning the DV Lottery (revised).pdf

Read page 558 of the document. It does not have a capability to copy.

Regarding C1/D. That is a special visa. You get a permission to stay in the US up to 29 days, that will clearly violate 30-60 rule. That is why you would not be able to apply for AOS anyway from C1-D status unless you have a bulletproof evidence you did not intend to apply for AOS when you were admitted..

I posted my forms for the DV to the KCC and still went ahead and applied for a J1 visa as well.
I went through an appropriate cultural exchange program to receive sponsorship for the J1 visa, attended my J1 visa appointment at the US consulate in Sydney, and was approved. I have received my passport with new J1 visa inside, which is valid for 12 months starting in November 2013.

So it is possible. Also, I just received my interview details for my DV about 2 days ago. So having one doesn't seem to affect the other.

I am still a little paranoid that I won't pass my DV interview, as I don't fully meet the educational requirement. I completed year 10, and I am currently studying a Bachelor of Business full time. I hope this is enough, but if it doesn't work out then at least I have the J1 visa to fall back on so I can go and spend a year in the US completing my studies while I work on an alternative path.

Hey Aussies,
Anyone Know about the Police check? Do we need a Federal or National Police Check?

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on when/how to expect to get the second notification (2NL)?

My case number falls within the November interviews so I presume I'll be hearing soon, although I'm not holding my breath that it'll be before the "official" September 15 visa bulletin date.

Do I have to re-check the DV Status Check website or just wait by my email inbox until something drops?

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on when/how to expect to get the second notification (2NL)?

My case number falls within the November interviews so I presume I'll be hearing soon, although I'm not holding my breath that it'll be before the "official" September 15 visa bulletin date.

Do I have to re-check the DV Status Check website or just wait by my email inbox until something drops?

You should hear within a few days from now - perhaps a week. You will get an email telling you to check the ESC (Status check) website. You can check that before getting the email if you want to drive yourself crazy, or just hang on for the email.

Just checked the Visa Bulletin for November, and it's only 75 above Octobers numbers, 300 for Oct and 375 for November?? Going on previous years thats very low. Any ideas why?

the form must be sent in time. Many people sent in June-August.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked the Visa Bulletin for November, and it's only 75 above Octobers numbers, 300 for Oct and 375 for November?? Going on previous years thats very low. Any ideas why?

Is it? I think the pace is about the same as last year.

Is it? I think the pace is about the same as last year.

Really? Well bugger. I was all geared up to interview in December lol. Based on prior years I had kinda figured Feb/March, then got quite excited when I saw the October number so large...
Oh well, more time to ponder

My CN is in the low 300's and I've just received my second NL :) Took a while to update after I's received the email.
My interview is scheduled on November 26th in Abu Dhabi.
Time to get all my documents together.. from here and Australia.

Just got my 2NL as well - I'm on November 12 in Sydney. A little later in the month than I was expecting but hey, not much I can do about that!

Already got my medical and police checks out of the way and I've got a folder containing my high school certificate, university degree and birth certificate all set to go.

I am number 22xx

I am freaking out that it has gone 'current', can someone please reassure me I won't have an interview until at least March? I simply am not ready.

I am number 22xx

I am freaking out that it has gone 'current', can someone please reassure me I won't have an interview until at least March? I simply am not ready.

Your number is nowhere near current - you have a long time yet - March sounds about right, perhaps later than that..

According to some it wont even be called, so don't worry about being called in too early. I am in the very early 2K range and am probably just past the cut off point.

If it goes current your interview will probably be in August or September if you get called in.

According to some it wont even be called, so don't worry about being called in too early. I am in the very early 2K range and am probably just past the cut off point.

I'm thinking the numbers will go higher this year for OC...

Hey everyone,

I just got my interview date this morning :) yayyyy
I have read all the info however still wondering do we need to show bank statements and prove we have over $14000. I have heard people say this but not sure if its for us aussies or not? I cant find anything in the instructions that say we have to.
Little worries as i don't think I'll have that much before my interview date! ahhh

Also.. confused.. do we need a federal or national police check??

Thanks guys :)