• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Australian winners

Alley where did you see it said you had to have 14k. Although this shouldn't be a problem I was wondering where that amount was stated.

AFP Check

Hey everyone,

I just got my interview date this morning :) yayyyy
I have read all the info however still wondering do we need to show bank statements and prove we have over $14000. I have heard people say this but not sure if its for us aussies or not? I cant find anything in the instructions that say we have to.
Little worries as i don't think I'll have that much before my interview date! ahhh

Also.. confused.. do we need a federal or national police check??

Thanks guys :)

I would say you would need an AFP check you can go to their website and order one online - federal is a national check isn't it? As for the $14,000 I know someone that received their GC in Sydney and said they were not interested at all in the amount of assets/money they had.

A question for anyone out there if my understanding is correct Oct 300 - interview numbers theoretically if everybody went ahead (unlikely) 0 - 299....Nov 375 - interview numbers would be 300 - 674 - they accumulate???...I am late 500's so am I looking at a November-ish interview? lots to get ready for a family of 4 lol

Am I understanding the basic process correctly?

Thanks for you help in advance :)

Hey Roxeegirl

My understanding of the case numbers being processed is the number shown in the October bulletin, being 375, is the number they are up to, not the number they intend to process.
So Oct 300, Nov 375, means they are only added 75 cases for November.
Seems to be a really low jump, but some others have commented that that seems "normal".

Pipe up if I'm wrong guys :)

Amy is correct if your cn number is under 375 then you are current. Anyone else, come take a seat on the bench with the rest of us.

I'm thinking the numbers will go higher this year for OC...

Britsimon, with the forum being down for the past few days, I haven't had a chance to thank you for reply to my post in another thread -- the "November cut-off numbers released" thread -- with your thoughts about whether or not my 22XX case number would go current. That thread seems to now have been deleted -- that's why I'm writing here instead -- but I appreciated the time you took with your detailed analysis.

Britsimon, with the forum being down for the past few days, I haven't had a chance to thank you for reply to my post in another thread -- the "November cut-off numbers released" thread -- with your thoughts about whether or not my 22XX case number would go current. That thread seems to now have been deleted -- that's why I'm writing here instead -- but I appreciated the time you took with your detailed analysis.

I'm glad you got to read the reply before it was lost forever!

Hi guys, I'm a bit late party to the party here but I'm hoping to get some helpful information.

My case number is 2014OC000029XX. I think it's one of the highest that I've seen on this forum. I've submitted my application and the KCC have confirmed that it's been received.

With my case number being so high, am I in with a chance of getting a green card or would they cut the numbers off before then?

I'm thinking that July/August is when they would schedule an interview if it happens?

Nice to see so many supportive Aussies on here and congratulations to everyone who has made it this far.

Hi guys, I'm a bit late party to the party here but I'm hoping to get some helpful information.

My case number is 2014OC000029XX. I think it's one of the highest that I've seen on this forum. I've submitted my application and the KCC have confirmed that it's been received.

With my case number being so high, am I in with a chance of getting a green card or would they cut the numbers off before then?

I'm thinking that July/August is when they would schedule an interview if it happens?

Nice to see so many supportive Aussies on here and congratulations to everyone who has made it this far.

Yes that number is high but not the highest we have heard of. There are a lot more OC winners this year and frankly none of us know why that is. Globally there were more winners chosen this year (around 35% more) but OC has doubled. I believe (with no evidence to support the belief) that this means OC will get a higher allocation this year. I could easily be wrong though.

So - your guess about interview dates is about right - possibly July - September. There is a chance the cutoffs are hit before your number, but I personally think you have a chance based on the belief I mentioned. You have no choice but to be patient and hopeful!

Yes that number is high but not the highest we have heard of. There are a lot more OC winners this year and frankly none of us know why that is. Globally there were more winners chosen this year (around 35% more) but OC has doubled. I believe (with no evidence to support the belief) that this means OC will get a higher allocation this year. I could easily be wrong though.

So - your guess about interview dates is about right - possibly July - September. There is a chance the cutoffs are hit before your number, but I personally think you have a chance based on the belief I mentioned. You have no choice but to be patient and hopeful!

Cheers, thanks for the reply. Yes it seems a lot more Aussies are through to the next round. When I spoke to the KCC on the phone, she said it will take several months and to check my status again in January, however gave the impression that my case number wouldn't be a problem.

Nobody really knows for certain and I'll just wait it out and get on with plan B. If it's meant to be it will be.

Well thats great news BrisGuy as I am in the early 2k mark so I am hoping that you get your interview in July as it means that I will get mine earlier. YAY !!!

Thanks guys for your help..
@mijoro I have been reading it in other posts on here however i think i must be different for different countries phewwww! :)
If its any help.. my number is mid 300's and i have an interview 2nd week of November.

Thanks again everyone

I'm also looking forward to reading your experiences as you all start to attend interviews :) Would be fabulous if the numbers are higher for Oceanic; moreso if that is the case for DV 2015. Good luck everyone!

Q

Hey everyone,

I just got my interview date this morning :) yayyyy
I have read all the info however still wondering do we need to show bank statements and prove we have over $14000. I have heard people say this but not sure if its for us aussies or not? I cant find anything in the instructions that say we have to.
Little worries as i don't think I'll have that much before my interview date! ahhh

Also.. confused.. do we need a federal or national police check??

Thanks guys :)

Congrats AllyJane! How exciting for you, especially since you'll get it over with so early in the game, versus having to wait months like some of us, with the nervousness and worry building every day!

Like others have said, it seems like most Aussies don't get asked about financials at all. But, just to ease your mind, go ahead and bring bank statements. We did. We didn't get asked for them but my husband did get asked a bit about his financial state as he retired early.

We are in front of the numbers from last year.

Last year went to 400 for November but no matter, there have often been unusually short jumps in case numbers in some months, i.e., only 35 between Jan and Feb for DV2011. It will probably speed up later, as they get going. All the best!

my number is mid 300's and i have an interview 2nd week of November.

Mine is the same week (Tuesday 12th) but my number is a fair bit lower than yours, which makes me curious as to what they're doing with that first week in November if I'm (30x) not until the second week!

It will be interesting to see if you guys are interviewed the same day. More than likely the others I between are being interviewed in Fiji and nz