• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Australian winners

It's most definitely in the checklist of things you need. You aren't allowed to use the photos you submitted with your initial application or next round of paperwork. The photo on my physical green card is the one I had taken the day before the interview in Sydney.

Been following your blog intermittently. It's great :)

Been following your blog intermittently. It's great :)

Thanks! I wish I could think of more ways to give the immigration/green card parts (not just my daily adventures) more exposure, since I think there's really a lack of good information out there about the process, especially for Australians.

Hi everyone,
Long time lurker, first time poster...
I have applied for the DV 2015 with my wife and your threads have really helped me understand teh process and give me hope....
Thanks!!

Hi everyone,
Long time lurker, first time poster...
I have applied for the DV 2015 with my wife and your threads have really helped me understand teh process and give me hope....
Thanks!!

Welcome - you mean you *entered* the DV2015 and hope to be *selected* for a chance to *apply*? :)

Got our interview date - March 18!

Suddenly seems a lot more real. I was away visiting friends for the weekend and my husband (he's the one who won) called to read the letter to me. Then he started researching through all the documents required, medicals, police checks, etc and called me again in a panic. I had to laugh, I did all this research last year when we first found out we'd won and I already have a folder with print outs of requirements and all the documents collected so far. We even went last week to submit our police checks! All we have left to do is the medical - then obviously turning up for the interview :-D. I've given him the task of researching places to live - we're aiming for Burbank or North Hollywood.

Just a question with the medical, when I called the doctor' office in Brisbane the receptionist told me we couldn't book in until we had been issued with a case number starting with "SYD". Reading through the 2NL, the ONLY number referred to is the original case number starting with 2014. Do we just add the SYD to the start of this number when booking in or am I missing something?

Hey AmyJ never heard of the "SYD" word anywhere. Maybe you should give them a call and let them help you know what it is and then you can share with us just in case we are asked the same. Good luck!! And all the best as you wait for Mar 10~ oh...so far yet so close I tell ya. for me I have 6+ months before I become current so!!Patience is the name of the game now!!

Aussie Winner, interview this month!

Hello!

Just wanted to let you all know I made a site about my experience with the DV lottery.

My interview is this month and I am documenting all the details of my experience. Im happy to answer any questions etc.

Go check it out . americanstateofmine.com

Ps my case number was in the low 600s.

Cheers and good luck!

Will separation affect my process to get a Green Card????????

Hi, I am a DV lottery selectee and have been confused...before I confirmed my winning..we had differences with my wife and I went forth to fill my papers together with her and our son but she made it hard for me to process other required document for lack of her incorporation.

After sending the papers things got worse and early June 2013 she left me and our son too and she denied me access to the boy....I dont know and thats why am here asking..

Will her departure affect my process...(keep in mind there is no room for reconciliation).

Thank you...

Well assuming you are qualified and have filled out the forms correctly you could arrive at your interview by yourself and only you would get the visa.

However, you will be putting a lot of miles between you and your son...

Hello!

Just wanted to let you all know I made a site about my experience with the DV lottery.

My interview is this month and I am documenting all the details of my experience. Im happy to answer any questions etc.

Go check it out . americanstateofmine.com

Ps my case number was in the low 600s.

Cheers and good luck!

Welcome Kiara haha.

Hi all,

Had my interview in Sydney just under two weeks ago. Whole process took ~45 minutes.

Visa arrived last week.

For the people in Australia who need NZ police clearance, express posting the authorisation to the Consulate in Sydney worked.

In regards to taking a photo to the interview, the Consulate sends you an email when your interview date is approaching, containing a checklist of all the required documents & the order they should be in. Number one on that list is an up to date photo.

Let me know if you have any questions.

While I know no one wants to hear this, is any one else thinking they have stuffed up the selection process?

My prediction is the bulletin numbers will increase by around 150 or so each month and top out at around the 1700-1750 mark. Either that or the second to last bulletin will be around 1550, and then go current the month after with a whole lot of interviews in one month. (which I think is unlikely.)

As much as I hope that's not the case, looking at the numbers with an unbiased eye draws me to the conclusion that I may not get an interview.

What are other peoples thoughts?

On the upside, there is nothing I can do to change the outcome, so chin up and high hopes!

dvoc00000179x

While I know no one wants to hear this, is any one else thinking they have stuffed up the selection process?

My prediction is the bulletin numbers will increase by around 150 or so each month and top out at around the 1700-1750 mark. Either that or the second to last bulletin will be around 1550, and then go current the month after with a whole lot of interviews in one month. (which I think is unlikely.)

As much as I hope that's not the case, looking at the numbers with an unbiased eye draws me to the conclusion that I may not get an interview.

What are other peoples thoughts?

On the upside, there is nothing I can do to change the outcome, so chin up and high hopes!

dvoc00000179x

Yes they have stuffed up the selection process. What they have done (I believe) is based the number of global selectees on the 2012 selectee/visas issued ratio. 2012 was a major screwup where they cancelled the first draw and did a redraw - so in the end they only issued 35k visas from about 105k selectees. That tells them they needed 30% more selectees - and that is why the selected 140k. Stupid.

Then they divide the selectees into regional quotas. The quota for OC region seems to have increased this year from 2% to 3%. The 4215 selectees is almost exactly 3% of the 140k. However, the increase in quota (to 3%) and the increase in selectees (by 30%) means that OC has almost double the selectees from previous years. Hopefully the increase in regional selectee quota signals an increase in visas issued quota, but even with that, the highest numbers are at risk.

For you in particular, OC179x is in what I believe is a safe range (I think the cutoff will be in the low 2000s).

Thanks for your reply, I think the bit I'm worried about is that, even with the potential increase, the bulletin numbers are not increased from previous years. If anything they are low, so the next two bulletins need some drastic changes, or I would expect the same as last year.